PDA

View Full Version : Parting 94 toyota 4runner

Fishingatdawn
05-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Hey everyone, I recently bought a 1994 4runner and i've decided to part it out.
Reasons: It has more rust than an 80s Toyota pickup bed and the V-sh*t engine seized. After inspecting it more, I decided it's probably got more rust than what's considered a safe car on the road.

If you are looking for parts I would rather they go to people on this site rather than craigslist where I get haggled constantly for my catalytic converter lol.

The car has a re-built auto transmission, seats are perfect, and has 32 15 tires that are in great shape. Probably have another year of roading and skidding on them still.

PM please and as always, i'll see you FJ's on the trail... (though i'll be jealous of it :thumb: )

DaveInDenver
05-30-2012, 07:06 PM
When you say rusty, how bad is the bed?

Fishingatdawn
05-30-2012, 11:25 PM
As in the bolts that hold the bucket seats in and the rear seats in have rusted through the carpet. The bumper brackets and the underneith are developing cancer holes (not quite through) but bad enough. Oh and the steering gear box is pretty bad too with rust. I'll get some photos up here pretty soon.

DaveInDenver
05-31-2012, 07:32 AM
Just realized you have a 4Runner, not a pickup. I need to replace my truck's bed soon.

Fishingatdawn
05-31-2012, 12:41 PM
A little random but what year is your pickup? There is a U-Pull-it which is not listed under the junk yard parts search. I could stop by there sometime and check out if they have what you are looking for. Sometimes I see beds that are in actual reasonable shape with minimal rust.

thelal
06-12-2012, 12:25 AM
My wifes truck is a 1990 4Runner V6 3.0L 5 speed manual
She needs
- front seats ( if in good condition and cushion/cloth still good),
- working A/C (it works but leaks and can't figure out where)
- power steering box (works but leaks and might be easier to replace than rebuild)

I don't know if '94 parts fits '90 ?
Thanks
Brendan
the lal at-at i name dot-- com

Fishingatdawn
06-14-2012, 11:23 AM
Hi Brendan,
The front seats are in great condition and will work in your 1990's 4runner. Pretty much all parts are interchangeable except for the front bumpers,headlights and some small stuff involving the speedometer and the Tcase. I can send you photos of the seats and also I have two different color sets - one set of tan and one set of dark blue. Which ever ones I sell the others are going in my pickup.

As for the power steering box it works great! However there is a bit of surface rust from the vehicle but it does not leak at all.

As for the AC unfortuately I have sold it. Let me know if there are other things you may need. Please PM your email so I can send some photos your way regarding the seats and steering. Thanks for your interest!

gahi
06-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Rear window switch?

Fishingatdawn
06-14-2012, 05:44 PM
As in the switch in the center console? The regulator? Or other? But to answer your question in broad terms I haven't sold anything to do with the rear window or the buttons/relays/regulator yet.

gahi
06-14-2012, 08:38 PM
sorry, the one in the center console. Are you willing to mail it?

Fishingatdawn
06-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Yeah no problem at all. You thinking paypal or check? How far along on the switch do you want? I can follow it under the carpet to the regulator if you'd like or need that much of it lol.

gahi
06-14-2012, 10:06 PM
PM Sent