PDA

View Full Version : roofing cost

rover67
06-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Howdy folks.

All I need is a general ballpark here from some folks that may have had roofs done not too long ago.

Our garage is roughly a 3 car with a simple gable roof. It has lots of old shingles that'd need to be stripped.

any estimates on cost? 4k? 6k?

I know I can get some quotes, but I don't have that kind of time right now and I just need a ballpark.

-Marco

nuclearlemon
06-06-2012, 12:19 PM
my house was about 8 k. i had new decks put on, plus added ventilation and had four layers of asphalt shingles and the original shake removed. that said, i DO NOT recommmend premier roofing. they quoted me just over 6k for everything, ripped it all apart then said, oops, you need a new deck and left it for a long weekend in the snow. since then, the roll roofing on the lower portion has wrinkled worse than the roll roofing i'd put on a few years earlier and i've had one shingle that they've had to "fix" three times because it wasn't properly installed or fixed the ensuing times they've been out, i finally gave up on that and i'll fix it myself. also, they didn't seal the lower roof to the house and the first major rainstorm, it was pouring down my wood wall onto the carpet. PREMIER ROOFING IS HORRIBLE.

good luck

Cheeseman
06-06-2012, 03:05 PM
My house is the average sized ranch style with a 1 car garage. About 1600 ft2 on main level plus garage. Total tear off and re-roof was just short of $10K. God bless the hail storm and the insurance company.

SteveH
06-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Roofing has gone way up in price in the last several years, so real estimates may be your only reliable guide.

calphi27
06-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Can you measure your roof? How many squares is it?