PDA

View Full Version : shipping cross county

nuclearlemon
06-12-2012, 09:04 PM
so pighead and i are in the early decision stages of rubithon 13 (25th anniversary). i know the club did a big run a couple years ago, did anyone ship their rigs? we're thinking of shipping his pig and my 80 out. (btw, i wouldn't mind a passenger to drive mine part time as i want to spend some time with him, but still want to wheel some of it ;), so keep that in mind if you want to go to rubithon)

looking for advise on shippers, and a general idea of cost

Romer
06-12-2012, 09:59 PM
I know a few folks towed theirs on flatbeds

nuclearlemon
06-12-2012, 10:38 PM
not a good option with two rigs.

gr8fulabe
06-12-2012, 11:14 PM
Could you tow one with the other & both drive out in the tow rig? Unless you find someone that can do it on the hookup, it will cost a small fortune to ship two rigs out & back.

nakman
06-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Another vote for just pick one vehicle, then road trip out. Not only expensive, but the start of Rubicon isn't exactly convenient... so getting rides to & from picking up your other truck would likely suck up an entire day on each end, it was an added chore even for the guys with their own trailers.

IMO, the journey out & back was completely enjoyable in 2008, and I suspect there'd be another caravan next year as well. I think it was about 2500 miles round trip?

nuclearlemon
06-13-2012, 10:09 AM
We'd have to.tow the pig with the 80 and thay would be highly unenjoyable. The pig is flat.out not good for.distance driving, it's slow loud and runs hot, so can't drive it out.

Our plan is to havd the rigs staged at a friends house in norcal, so it wont involve any rushing