PDA

View Full Version : mini truck seat options

nattybumppo
06-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Hay you minitruck guys. My buddy has an 85 with an extended cab and his front seat is broken down. What are good options for him to replace the seat with one that will stand up to a drive across the state without making his butt sore?

DaveInDenver
06-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Does he currently have buckets or a bench? Seats from any truck or 4Runner to 1995 will bolt into his. There is sometimes one bolt, the inside front one by the shifter on the driver's side that might or might not work depending on if his truck started with buckets or not. One thing, if he's got a bench now, he should get the seat belts from the donor, at least the part that bolts to the floor with the release.

Best ones are the SR5 seats from the 4Runner that have lumbar, tilt and adjustable side wings. Also replacing the foam in all of them helps a lot, go figure 20+ year old foam is no longer firm. :-) If he wants a bench, the 60/40 from the 89-95 Pickups isn't bad.

If he goes aftermarket, I had Summit Racing (Procar brand) seats and they were OK. I have the floor adapter for them still but sold the seats, so he could maybe use them.

Beater
06-19-2012, 02:43 PM
+1 on the sr5's. I had to weld up a bracket to fit the t100 but worth it.

Air Randy
06-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Hay you minitruck guys. My buddy has an 85 with an extended cab and his front seat is broken down. What are good options for him to replace the seat with one that will stand up to a drive across the state without making his butt sore?

How about some Kirkey racing seats? :D They give you great support and keep you planted in the seat even when the rig is bouncing all over.

nattybumppo
06-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Does he currently have buckets or a bench? Seats from any truck or 4Runner to 1995 will bolt into his. There is sometimes one bolt, the inside front one by the shifter on the driver's side that might or might not work depending on if his truck started with buckets or not. One thing, if he's got a bench now, he should get the seat belts from the donor, at least the part that bolts to the floor with the release.

Best ones are the SR5 seats from the 4Runner that have lumbar, tilt and adjustable side wings. Also replacing the foam in all of them helps a lot, go figure 20+ year old foam is no longer firm. :-) If he wants a bench, the 60/40 from the 89-95 Pickups isn't bad.

If he goes aftermarket, I had Summit Racing (Procar brand) seats and they were OK. I have the floor adapter for them still but sold the seats, so he could maybe use them.

Thanks, Dave. He has the bench now. I bet he would really like some sr5 buckets. I'll have him look around...

DaveInDenver
06-22-2012, 07:26 AM
Thanks, Dave. He has the bench now. I bet he would really like some sr5 buckets. I'll have him look around...
It's the most common seat swap. If he can, he should try to get the center console too.

Beater
06-22-2012, 07:51 AM
jim's got a boat load of them at his yard.

nattybumppo
06-22-2012, 01:57 PM
Thanks, John. I'll send him up there.