PDA

View Full Version : Current fuel prices?

Corbet
06-22-2012, 08:31 AM
Curious what fuel is on the front range right now. I was just in Taos this week and paid $3.40 a gallon. $3.45 in Angel Fire(resort town) It is still $3.79 here in Durango:rant: Just wondering what Denver is paying?

Woodsman
06-22-2012, 08:37 AM
I'm far from the front range Corbet but we always have big differences around here. I live smack between Indianapolis and Cincinnati. Normally Cincy is .20 less than here but last week it was .20 higher. Just did some install work in Columbus, IN (Home of Cummins :D ) this morning and it was $3.39 while it was $3.63 here (45 miles away).

rover67
06-22-2012, 09:08 AM
www.gasbuddy.com

if you are curious about prices in other places.

farnhamstj
06-22-2012, 11:34 AM
I paid $4.47 a gallon a couple days ago in West Vail. Thankfully the KTM only took a little over a gallon.

Nice thing about living in Vail, everywhere else you go things seem cheep. Even Disneyland seemed reasonable.

brentbba
06-22-2012, 11:41 AM
If you're real curious - paid $3.69 for regular at Costco in south Orange County, CA. It's come down about $.40 in the past month! Go figure, it usually goes up in the summer so I'm not complaining!

Hulk
06-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Gas prices could hit $2.50 a gallon by November, analyst predicts (http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/blog/morning-edition/2012/06/gas-prices-could-hit-250-a-gallon-by.html?ana=twt)

OilHammer
06-22-2012, 02:48 PM
My neighbor is in the oil and gas industry and had some enlightening comments at a party the other night. Essentially, I asked why gas was so high, and I assumed it was the refineries or all the boutique blends. He said it was actually just that it was a speculative market, so the price can move somewhat randomly and independent of the logical items. He actually said that with recent drilling in the US, that we are actually sitting on record levels on oil and gas. You would think record level of supply= lower cost, but not yet.

Now to be political about this, with the current push to alt energy and the down economy, do you support lower fuel costs or hope they go higher? Hmmmm...and how much ability do the politicians have to influence the oil industry, that actually has a larger "economy" than we do? I heard it mentioned that the oil industry has a much longer outlook than whoever is in office. Parties come and go and countries come and go, but everyone buys oil.

LARGEONE
06-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Supply is huge right now and demand is expected to plummet globally with the EU crisis. However, I think we are just one middle east mess away from going back above $100 per bbl. Oil is cheaper right now and it continues to tick me off that gas prices don't seem to follow oil down quick enough.

nattybumppo
06-23-2012, 02:55 PM
Regular unleaded in the immediate denver area is about $3.60 a gallon, at the cheapest stations.

Romer
06-23-2012, 03:36 PM
It was about 40 cents a gallon cheaper in Texas yesterday, just drove from Houston to Denver

RockRunner
06-23-2012, 04:37 PM
In Roxborough gas is usually $0.10 more than HR or Littleton but for the last two weeks it has been cheaper. I just paid $3.42 with the Safeway discount of 3 cents. Diesel was running at $3.53.

corsair23
06-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Filled up Saturday and gas was $3.69 for mid-grade...Definitely not dropping as fast as it appears to be in other areas but then again, we didn't go as high either...

Red_Chili
06-25-2012, 11:05 AM
Long Beach CA was matching CO prices over the weekend...

Red_Chili
06-25-2012, 11:08 AM
Now to be political about this, with the current push to alt energy and the down economy, do you support lower fuel costs or hope they go higher? While I enjoy lower prices as much as the next guy... especially at a C note per tank... long term you gotta wonder about the wisdom of keeping prices so much cheaper than Europe and not putting some tax revenues toward alternative fuels development and infrastructure. You can wait for the free market to correct, but it usually does so violently and with no preference for any one nation or individual... kinda like how nature corrects for overgrowth in forests and a no-fires policy. Violently. And blindly.

Hmmmm...and how much ability do the politicians have to influence the oil industry, that actually has a larger "economy" than we do? Almost none aside from tax policy.

Hulk
06-25-2012, 03:27 PM
Hmmmm...and how much ability do the politicians have to influence the oil industry, that actually has a larger "economy" than we do?
Doesn't matter, can still point fingers. :rolleyes:

brentbba
06-25-2012, 05:16 PM
I agree with rutbeer. Golf buddy of mine has a few small clients called Shell Oil, etc. Essentially, oil is traded like a commodity. The speculating, buying/selling starts when the tankers hit the water full of crude. No long term contracts fixing the price of a barrel. It's all spot market trading.

Gas behind the orange curtain was down another $.10 this week. How much of this is true politics too right befor the November elections? Hmmm....