PDA

View Full Version : Its hot out. AC questions

gr8fulabe
06-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Hi guys,

I've got mutiple AC issues that I would love some advice on if you have knowledge...

1. 89 FJ62 - for years my blower motor has been going out, unitl it only worked on high. Now it doesn't blow at all. I've been told this is some sort of blower motor resistor plug/switch that is located by my foot, near the gas pedal. But I have no idea what it is, and have never been able to figure it out. Does anyone have any knowledge here as to what it is? I would love to get a new one, replace the old one & have heat & a/c again.

2. 96 80 series - some chick backed inot my wife's 80 (front driver's side bumper) & then gave us bad insurance info. Our insurance company won't go after her unless we pay to fix it first & then file the claim (bullcr*p I think). Basically there is some sort of a/c drier in the bumper that got bent & cut a hardline to it, so all the freon leaked out. What's involved in fixing, do you think we can do it ourselves, and any estimates on cost? If not us, does anyone know if Robbie or some other local/cruiser shop does this type of work?

Thanks in advance on either issue, if you can offer any advice!
best,
Abe

MountainGoat
06-23-2012, 01:32 PM
This link (http://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/345793-heater-defrost-fan-switch-problem.html) might help with question #1.

pmccumber
06-23-2012, 06:15 PM
Give Robbie a call but there is a Boulder shop that he likes for some of his A/C work.