PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 80 Series OEM Fan clutch

coax
06-25-2012, 09:26 AM
Looking for an OEM fan clutch in decent shape. I'll be changing out the fluid so that doesn't matter, as long as there was fluid in there and the bearings are good. When I changed everything out on my current one, one of the screws had aluma-welded itself to the body and I'm not sure I wanna take it out again. Hoping someone that has parted an 80 might have one I could revive.

Thanks!

ajax
07-02-2012, 10:16 PM
got one for from 91 and one from 94 wont be back to colo though till weekend 94 is a black hub and 91 is green hub

coax
07-06-2012, 06:10 PM
I'd be interested in the one off the '94 depending on condition and pricing :) I'll shoot you a PM.

Thanks!

coax
07-24-2012, 10:13 AM
Bump, still looking for one. Ajax, I shot you a PM if you have one you are still interested in selling.

corsair23
07-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Corey,

I might have the original fan off my '97 LX450. It was replaced 4-5 years ago when I was having some cooling issues. I never really looked at it after it was pulled so it might be perfectly fine with some fresh oil. This was back when everyone was talking about how much better the blue hub fans were...Not it seems some believe the black hub fans are actually better :confused:

If you are interested in it I can dig it out to make sure I still have it and we can go from there.

coax
07-25-2012, 10:36 AM
Jeff, I'd for sure be interested! I plan on putting new oil in one, but the one I have had a stripped screw on it last time I pulled it apart and not sure if it will go together again. So yea, if you wanna sell the original one you have, just let me know what you're thinking for price?

I'll shoot you a PM and we can discuss!

:cheers:

coax
08-17-2012, 11:08 AM
Bumpity bump. Still looking!

Corbet
08-20-2012, 09:11 PM
Bumpity bump. Still looking!

Think I just came across the OEM unit from mine that had 82K on it when removed. I replaced it in favor of a blue hub unit as part of my baseline.

coax
08-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Think I just came across the OEM unit from mine that had 82K on it when removed. I replaced it in favor of a blue hub unit as part of my baseline.

Cool! How much would you want for it? (I would assume its one of the eaton's? ) If the bearings are still good I'd be interested. I'll shoot you a PM.

Thanks,
Corey