PDA

View Full Version : Welding Party This Sunday, July 1st

TIMZTOY
06-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Like a wrenching party. EXCEPT
I need a extra hand or so welding and preformig the Finshing touches on the offroad trailer that I'm fabricating.

•Welding
•Gringing
•Smoothing out edges

I have all the tools and gear. Depending on how many show it would be smart to bring your own grinder and safety glasses. Because I only have 2 grinders. 1x 4" and 1x 7"
Naturally I'll supply the food, beer and toilet.

The work is honestly 80% welding. So anyone with good Welding skills would be sweet. But anyone can show. 1 person can only weld for so long befor a break is required if you know what I meen. My welder is a

Miller 180 (220v) 75-25 gas

:weld::weld:

OilHammer
06-27-2012, 09:24 PM
I love the smell of molten metal in the morning.....would be sweet, but I spent all last weekend welding on my gates, and will do the same this weekend. Otherwise, I would be there in a flash. :)

FJ_Mark
06-27-2012, 09:38 PM
I might be able to give you a hand. Will check with the :Princess:And let you know tomorrow.

TIMZTOY
06-27-2012, 10:11 PM
Sounds good guys

corsair23
06-28-2012, 10:25 AM
What time Tim? I haven't checked with the social coordinator yet but maybe I can come help for a bit although you might not want to let me anywhere near the welder, or even a grinder for that matter :hill:

TIMZTOY
06-28-2012, 08:40 PM
What time Tim? I haven't checked with the social coordinator yet but maybe I can come help for a bit although you might not want to let me anywhere near the welder, or even a grinder for that matter :hill:

hmmmm.....

RedCreeper
06-29-2012, 07:48 PM
what time? me have some new skills under a hood. started school in january. may be able to help. just dont say i am the best yet. is this hard wire or flux? im doing pipe gmaw hardwire with mix gas now in school. let us know may have some time on sunday. and where u b. have two grinders, hood and a bag of other welding tools. thanks.

Kenny

TIMZTOY
06-30-2012, 01:15 PM
The Welding is sheet medel to sheet medal. And some to 1/8" plate. .23 wire (curentlly loaded) also have .30 wire. Solid core MIG with 75-25 argon gas
I only have one welder. Unless someone wants to bring a 120v all the welding is easy stuff. Just tedaous and boaring after a while. The bulk of the work is going to be grinding down welds and smoothing edges.

Time eairly the better. I'll most likely be up and ready about 9-10

Pm for a address if needed
C470 & 285 (west side)