PDA

View Full Version : Why is Thorton/Nothglenn rationing gas?

treerootCO
07-25-2006, 09:36 PM
It is bad enough they charge what they do but why limit the amount? In both cities the pump stops at 75.00

Three Wheel Ben
07-25-2006, 09:54 PM
It is bad enough they charge what they do but why limit the amount? In both cities the pump stops at 75.00

Cash or card, usually the credit card company limits the amount. Used to be 50. More than that you would have to go inside and run it. :confused:

Deerskin
07-25-2006, 09:58 PM
Governmental approach to limiting the oil companies' profits. The same thing happened to me in Castle Rock.

corsair23
07-25-2006, 10:56 PM
I think LEXUSBEN is correct...If you pay at the pump with a credit card they only 'pre-authorize' your card for a certain amount. Use to be $50 (hit that limit before). Scary that now you can hit the limit @ $75...:eek:

I'm sure the gas Co's at this point in time are more than happy to sell you all the gas you want...

Cresso
07-25-2006, 11:58 PM
I've been to a few gas stations that ask for my zip code if I use my credit card at the pump. If I enter it, there's no limit (and with a 38 gallon tank, I've been in the triple digits a few times). I've also been to a couple places that limit by gallons, not a set price. I think they cut me off at 25 or 30 gallons.

On a related note, did any of you guys catch that Citgo on 104th on Sunday? $2.07 a gallon. no joke. The line was about 15 cars long.

Red_Chili
07-26-2006, 08:06 AM
Governmental approach to limiting the oil companies' profits. The same thing happened to me in Castle Rock.
???
Oh, OK, I'm a little slow. I get it. You made this up....:lmao:
:thumb:

Maddmatt
07-26-2006, 10:01 AM
Little late to the party, but yeah, it's the credit card company limiting pay at the pump purchases. I had the "opportunity" to drive a customer's truck to SLC last week, even my corporate Amex stopped me at $75, which is a far cry from full on a 90 gallon fill up.

Deerskin
07-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Thanks Bill, I think you're the only one who picked up on my lame attempt at humor. Has anyone immediately tried a second transaction in order to continue filling your tank? Or does the CC company software recognize it as "attempted theft" and not authorize the transaction? When this happened to me I just went across the street and topped off without thinking to try it.

ScaldedDog
07-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Thanks Bill, I think you're the only one who picked up on my lame attempt at humor. Has anyone immediately tried a second transaction in order to continue filling your tank? Or does the CC company software recognize it as "attempted theft" and not authorize the transaction? When this happened to me I just went across the street and topped off without thinking to try it.

Yep, do it all the time. With a 44g tank in the Excursion and diesel selling for $3/g, $75 doesn't go very far.

Mark