PDA

View Full Version : Greg sorry to hear of the passing of Scout Master and three Scouts

RockRunner
07-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Greg I am so sorry to hear of the death of 4 scouts. I am sure you knew the scout master and included him as one of your friends. I wasn't surprised to hear that other scouts stopped to help and comfort the injured teens and adults, their scout master can be proud of them.

Cheeseman
07-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Thanks Tom. No I didn't know this group of scouts. Being from Woodland Park they are in a different council. Pikes Peak Council. We are Denver Area Council. No surprise with the help the others gave. It is always a loss for us when things like this happen. All the training and precautions we go through still doesn't eliminate potential for disasters. I am sure I will hear more about it in time. And yes there are many many scouts and adults we can be proud of. Thanks again.

DaveInDenver
07-02-2012, 12:48 PM
I had to look it up, hadn't followed the news much the past couple of days. What a terrible thing to happen. I agree with Tom, you guys do good with the Scouts and all your time.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31239763/detail.html

farnhamstj
07-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Really sad. My heart goes out to family and friends.

wesintl
07-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Wow, sad. I passed that wreck about 3 pm on sat coming up to yellowstone. Wy stat patrol was still cleAning it up. The element was not recognizable. I didn't know it was the scouts. I just googled upon reading this thread cause I didn't know what the reference was too :(

brentbba
07-06-2012, 05:01 PM
This made the papers here in SoCal as well. As a scout leader for the past 11 years, it's sad to hear about.