PDA

View Full Version : FJ40 for sale.

black95
07-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Hate to do it, but I'm going to sell off my rigs and start over. Parting with any of them is going to be tough, but selling the FJ40 is going to be the toughest. This rig is a 1978 model. California emissions. Heavy duty cooling system. Still got the original 2F with 92,000 miles. The '78 is the "coveted" year model with fine spline axles, 4.10 gears, 4 speed transmission, and disk brakes. All emissions and engine components are there and working. Original carb rebuilt with Toyota parts from Cruiser solutions. New secondary diaphragm at the same time. Carb cooling fan is there and the timer works. Runs like a top.

Seats were in horrible shape when I got it, so I replaced them with '95 Honda Accord buckets. Also put in the Factory Honda retractable 3 point seat belts. I custom made seat brackets to reuse the original cruiser seat brackets, so factory seats can be reinstalled in about an hours time. There are three buckets, and one of the original fold down seats so that is still seats four. The three Honda seats are on their original tracks and can be moved. I'm 6'3 / 280 and I ride around in this vehicle very comfortably. The interior is in great shape with many new parts, everything is there and functioning.

Sitting on a Hellcreek 2 1/2 inch lift, with a Cool Cruisers rear leveling kit, and 1" greasable lift shackles in the rear to keep it level. The rear axle perches were cut off and the axle turned for optimal pinion angle. It'll run 65 down the interstate vibration free. Aussie locker installed in rear axle. Almost new 33/ 10.50 BFG All Terrains, Original wheels were sandblasted and powder coated factory gray color. Original hubcaps.

Engine has new belts and all new hoses. All vacuum lines were replaced with silicone vacuum lines to prevent cracking and leaks. Transfer case rear seal just replaced. New Front brakes. New parking brake. New brake master cylinder, clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder from SOR.

The body is in phenomenal condition. There is very little rust, some surface rust here and there. The rear sil is the only bad rust. The interior was stripped and recoated with Hammerite paint and POR 15 on the transmission tunnel. The gas tank was replaced with a new steel Toyota tank. The original jack and parts are still in place, but the tool bag is missing.

The original top was damaged by the previous owner. The top that is on the truck is a 1977 from a different cruiser. The rear Doors and are original. I also have the original passenger side of the top that was put in storage in the 80's. It looks new. I have the key for the rear door. The current hard top needs a little love, it's not great on the inside, and someone cut in a sunroof sometime back in the 70's. It was plastic and was like sitting in a greenhouse in town, so I flat-blacked out the lexan to keep the heat out.

I have a new Bestop soft top that was used for a couple months last summer to go with it. Also have some older Bestop soft doors.

Clean Colorado title in hand. Should pass emissions no problem. Doesn't smoke at all. Exhaust is in great condition.

Bad things:
It has a rear main seal leak. The radiator has a pinhole leak.

That's all I can think of for now. I'm sure I missed something. Call if you've got any questions. Luke 719-963- 8998

asking $7,500

black95
07-09-2012, 09:57 PM
More pictures. Last two were before lift and leveling kit. Red Cone/ Radical hill trip. :D

nakman
07-09-2012, 10:46 PM
I like the rear bucket seat! paging Hatfield.. :)

cbmontgo
07-10-2012, 03:37 PM
That is a nice rig and a good price.

Corbet
07-10-2012, 04:08 PM
I 2nd that.:thumb:

Telly
07-14-2012, 05:31 PM
Luke, I called and left a VM. Thanks. Doug