PDA

View Full Version : Timeshare in Moab? or good hotels?

FJBen
07-27-2006, 10:25 AM
We are going to make a mini-vacaction with my family for some MUCH needed family time.

We are thinking Glenwood Springs, then maybe Moab...not hard wheeling...just siteseeing.

IS there a timeshare that the club uses or knows of? Or hotels? Any suggestions for really tame siteseeing wheeling in Moab?

corsair23
07-27-2006, 12:18 PM
Ben,

I've always stayed on the 'cheap' in Glenwood by staying at the Holiday Inn Express on the West side of town. But, a buddy of mine that works for the State travels often and always stays at the Hotel Denver (http://www.thehoteldenver.com/index.html) in Glenwood and says it is real nice. Lots of different rooms etc. that you can choose from depending on availability. Not sure of cost. He says it is 'nicer' than Hotel Colorado which is older and supposedly haunted :eek: . He also said it doesn't smell all that great :confused: . I've never been to either so I can't comment. I just checked out the rates for HI-Express and the Hotel Denver and I'm not sure I've been staying on the cheap or not now....LOL

As for Moab, I've only been there once :( and we camped at some no name place. I can only remember one run we did (Poison Spider) which wasn't bad at all for as far as we got. Here is a starting point:

http://www.4x4now.com/mu4wd.htm

I'd suggest buying or borrowing a trail book and going from there. If you are in the Littleton/Highlands Ranch area I've got one you can borrow :)

Jeff

Bruce Miller
07-27-2006, 04:46 PM
This year at Cruise Moab, we stayed in the new Rim Village condos on the south side of town, close to the Shell station way south. Call Doreica (pronounced like Eureca with a D)at Accommodations Unlimited in Moab at 435-259-6575. Really nice condo, nice kitchen, satellite TV, VCR, stereo, fenced in patio off the main entry, big 2 car garage, washer and dryer, swimming pool and hot tub, and it's on a quiet street the kids can ride bikes in.

Deerskin
07-27-2006, 08:57 PM
We've stayed at the Hotel Denver a couple of times, it's a very nicely kept and updated older hotel on the east side of downtown. I highly recommend it. I know they have rooms that are large enough for the kids, it's easy walking distance to the downtown eats, also an easy walk over the bridge to the pool. A brewpub / eatery is just off the hotel lobby. No smells except for the brewpub exhaust which is outside in front of the pub. Never had a problem in the hotel.

nakman
07-27-2006, 09:42 PM
Moab in August? Glenwood much better in the summertime, it hot down in that there desert. Ever been to Grand Mesa? Way awesome destination this time of year..

Moab's best in the springtime.. first few days of May especially. :)

Hulk
07-28-2006, 01:19 PM
Yeah, the Grand Mesa is fantastic in the summertime. It's just south of I-70, about 50 miles before you hit Grand Junction. If you come off the south side of the Mesa one night, you could take the family to the drive-in movie theater in Delta. You could also visit Proffitt's Cruisers while there. :)

FJBen
07-28-2006, 02:26 PM
I'll look into Grand Mesa...that sounds like that would be good to try. My kids are 2 & 5 so they tend to bore easily. They will love Glenwood but the mesa might be a bit easier for them than moab.

I'll check those hotels...hoping to make it to Moab...

If I go by profitts...I'll leave my cruiser :)