PDA

View Full Version : Stay The Trail - Stewardship Day on Jenny Creek and Rollins Pass - July 14 @10AM

ColoradoTrailPatrol
07-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Stay The Trail and the East Rollins Pass area need your help. Wildlife Managers have identified this area as having "significant issues" with off-trail use. To combat this, Stay The Trail has been asked to help reinforce responsible trail use in these areas ASAP.

We have spoken with Matt and know there is a club clean-up day next month. Tomorrow will be light clean-up, some "trail first-aid", and simply being good examples on the trail for the other users we meet. This will help the area begin to recover until ya'll are up on Jenny Creek to tackle the big stuff.

We need your help cleaning-up the trails, blocking bypasses, etc. Stay The Trail staff will be at the trailhead with a trailer and on the trails speaking with other trail users who we run into. The goal is a fun, easy run and do some light work along the way up and down.

This is our opportunity to show Parks and Wildlife how quickly and effectively the dedicated Colorado OHV community can respond to their concerns.

Meet at the lower East Rollins Trailhead (icon 13 (http://staythetrail.org/maps/viewtrail.php?trail_id=18)) @ 10AM on Saturday the 14th. Run up Jenny Creek, lunch at the top, head back down Rollins. Definitely bring gloves. See you there!
-Matt w/Stay The Trail

subzali
07-13-2012, 03:07 PM
To clarify, this is not specifically Jenny Creek, but more the East Rollins Pass road. This area is one of three areas in the state that have significant issues, is that right, Matt?

corsair23
07-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Wish I could make it but too short notice :( - Have they moved the Ford that was sort of blocking the trail?

MountainGoat
07-13-2012, 05:18 PM
I have been in on 90% of recent trail cleanup/maintenance runs, but under 24 hours notice kills this one for me. :(

I am unclear on exactly who "Wildlife Managers" are. Is this the new Colorado DOW Parks and Wildlife Commission? It doesn't seem like National Forest trail work belongs on their agenda, but hey, what do I know?

We work very closely with the US Forest Service on Jenny Creek and Argentine. Are your contacts coordinating with the USFS?

Inukshuk
07-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Matt w/Stay The Trail-
Same on the short notice. I will be on nearby trails Sunday but already have passengers in my truck not planning on a work day so can't switch.

Will everyone need OHV stickers to run Jenny Creek?

Uncle Ben
07-13-2012, 09:00 PM
Normally, I would drop everything and go but timing is not good for me! Hope someone can make it! We're down to 70 members but surely of that 70 someone can represent!

subzali
07-14-2012, 08:41 AM
Daniel, according to Maribeth the BRD is still considering this year to be an education year regarding OHV stickers on Jenny Creek. But yes, it is a "trail," so OHV stickers will be required at some point. You might as well get one if you plan on running JC.

I will be up there Sunday afternoon, just can't make it Saturday.