PDA

View Full Version : Good local source for an HVLP sprayer?

cbmontgo
07-15-2012, 12:53 PM
I am going to be painting the project rig in the next 1-2 weeks (when I finish cutting out rust and doing repairs) and need an HVLP gun. Any local shops that you'd recommend to buy one?

Also will need some sort of respirator that is better than my current one.

TIMZTOY
07-15-2012, 01:26 PM
painters supply or online

cbmontgo
07-15-2012, 02:47 PM
painters supply or online

There are tons of places online, but I'd like to go to a shop where I can look around.

TIMZTOY
07-15-2012, 09:11 PM
your best bet it to research which gun you want.
quality
price
function

then research that gun. then locate a dealer near by..
i know sata is the best, i have a devilbiss HVLP which i belive was one of the top 5 brands..
i have never used my devilbiss yet. but i have sprayed a car with a $50 autozone gun and it worked great.. deffentlly tell its $50 gun but still did the job

cbmontgo
07-15-2012, 11:35 PM
your best bet it to research which gun you want.
quality
price
function

then research that gun. then locate a dealer near by..
i know sata is the best, i have a devilbiss HVLP which i belive was one of the top 5 brands..
i have never used my devilbiss yet. but i have sprayed a car with a $50 autozone gun and it worked great.. deffentlly tell its $50 gun but still did the job

Yeah, I have actually read great reviews about the Harbor Freight guns. I currently have a Binks, but it is not HVLP. Gonna keep researching...

Rezarf
07-15-2012, 11:46 PM
I used a HVLP harbor freight on the trailer.

I don't care how good the tools are... without the skillz, you most likely will get similar results with a good or poor gun. My paint is keeping the rust away so it is good enough for me. ;)

SteveH
07-16-2012, 09:37 AM
I have done a lot with a Harbor Freight HVLP gun and you can get impressive results. You might use the cheap one for primer or the engine compartment painting and get a lot of work out of the way with it.

I know people who buy a $500 gun and just keep it for top coats and final work.

Jacket
07-16-2012, 10:10 AM
x3 on the Harbor Freight gun. It worked well for me.

cbmontgo
07-16-2012, 11:26 AM
x3 on the Harbor Freight gun. It worked well for me.

Great to hear. This is the way I am gonna go.

Hulk
07-31-2012, 01:27 AM
I have one from Harbor Freight as well and it works great. You're welcome to borrow it.

RockRunner
07-31-2012, 10:57 AM
I have a good one you can use. It did a great jpb on a friends rig and also staining doors and frames. LMK if you want to use it, I would need to clean it up some more

cbmontgo
07-31-2012, 04:21 PM
I have a good one you can use. It did a great jpb on a friends rig and also staining doors and frames. LMK if you want to use it, I would need to clean it up some more

Thanks for the offer! I just bought one from HF though, so we'll see how it does.