PDA

View Full Version : WTB Various Parts for 1973 FJ40

MackAttack
07-17-2012, 12:35 PM
I recently purchase a project 1973 FJ40 and am looking for the following parts:

1) Front and Rear Drive shafts (3spd transmission)
2) Front Bumper and top gussets
3) Stock roll bar
4) Stock exhaust pipe and muffler
5) Cooling Fan and shroud (2F motor)
6) Headlight bulb
7) Front grill light bezel

thanks, jeff (call at 303-330-5663 or email @ jeffalancole@gmail.com)

:cheers:

bigcity25
07-17-2012, 04:46 PM
Don't know how soon you need it, but I am switching to a 4 speed. And I will be getting rid of my 3 speed drive shafts. But, if you find something sooner then jump on it.

nuclearlemon
07-17-2012, 06:16 PM
I recently purchase a project 1973 FJ40 and am looking for the following parts:

1) Front and Rear Drive shafts (3spd transmission)
2) Front Bumper and top gussets
3) Stock roll bar
4) Stock exhaust pipe and muffler
5) Cooling Fan and shroud (2F motor)
6) Headlight bulb
7) Front grill light bezel

thanks, jeff (call at 303-330-5663 or email @ jeffalancole@gmail.com)

:cheers:

just a few notes
you say you have a 2f, so are you sure you need three speed xfer shafts? most people will swap in four speed stuff when they swap in a 2f. 73 would've had an f motor. exhaust will also be affected depending on if you actually have a 2f vs. f
73 didn't have a stock roll bar.
headlight bulb (actually lamp) can be purchased at any auto parts store, standard round lamp.
cooling fan for a 2f (not your original engine) can be different depending on if there's a fan clutch or not.
not sure what you mean by front grill light bezel, unless you have a 69 and earlier bezel with the lights below, in which case, i believe the lights are still available from toyota (they were a couple years ago)

subzali
07-17-2012, 06:29 PM
The bezel, the bezel, Ige, you know, the one that everyone mounts upside-down! ;)

nuclearlemon
07-17-2012, 08:28 PM
The bezel, the bezel, Ige, you know, the one that everyone mounts upside-down! ;)

the bezel doesn't have lights, so i'm guessing he has a 69 and earlier bib and he's looking for the chrome trim ring around the lens which is sometimes referred to as a bezel

MackAttack
07-17-2012, 10:47 PM
When do you think you will replace your driveshafts? I think I would be interested....thanks, jeff

baja1d
07-17-2012, 11:45 PM
I've got 3 speed d/s ready to go, a bezel, and a shroud. My guess is that whoever did your motor swap reused the original radiator for the F motor. The 2F shroud will not fit unless you do a little cutting, bending, and re-tacking. I just went through it & it's not that big of a deal and I'd certainly help you out. BTW, the original F shroud will not fit the 2F. The d/s have brand new joints in them.

bigcity25
07-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Not sure, need a couple of days time, welder, knowledge from others on the forum and lots of free beer and food. Wink wink. But if baja1d has em take em. I know I'll sell them.

baja1d
07-18-2012, 04:34 PM
Not sure, need a couple of days time, welder, knowledge from others on the forum and lots of free beer and food. Wink wink. But if baja1d has em take em. I know I'll sell them.

Jeff-

I'm almost done with mine. I'm short on time but I've got the welder and knowledge of the swap!!!

bigcity25
07-18-2012, 09:17 PM
Shooting for sometime next month, but it needs to be finished before it starts to get cold again. Not a huge fan riding to the firehouse at 6 am in the cold.

baja1d
07-18-2012, 11:21 PM
Shooting for sometime next month, but it needs to be finished before it starts to get cold again. Not a huge fan riding to the firehouse at 6 am in the cold.

Amen to that