PDA

View Full Version : decent web hosting

Red_Chili
07-18-2012, 12:20 PM
You may or may not know that Lise has been a breeder of Soft Coated Wheaten Terriers for a while now. Yet she has no website.

So I need to build her one. I've done plenty of web maintenance but not much setup nor do I know much about low cost web hosting (including free... free is good... LOL).

Where would you direct me? I just don't trust dumb luck or Google searches on this one.

Old40Dog
07-18-2012, 12:34 PM
You may or may not know that Lise has been a breeder of Soft Coated Wheaten Terriers for a while now. Yet she has no website.

So I need to build her one. I've done plenty of web maintenance but not much setup nor do I know much about low cost web hosting (including free... free is good... LOL).

Where would you direct me? I just don't trust dumb luck or Google searches on this one.

I've used Godaddy for hosting for sometime now without issues.

nakman
07-18-2012, 12:37 PM
Bill, look no further than your own club webmaster. I've been with Idea Shop for a number of years now, with positive results and what I think are very reasonable prices. http://www.ideashop.com/about/

Red_Chili
07-18-2012, 12:37 PM
I've been a bit put off by the ads for GoDaddy... I know for a fact Lise wouldn't want to have her name associated with that.

DaveInDenver
07-18-2012, 01:38 PM
I've used Godaddy for hosting for sometime now without issues.
Kirsten's website (http://squarek.co/) is hosted by Godaddy. Our friend who helped her build the site recommended them, apparently pretty reliable and they are not expensive, $12/yr for her .co domain.

The Rising Sun is hosted on Host Gator.

Hulk
07-31-2012, 12:36 AM
Bill, I can hook you up for reliable web hosting, but I don't have time to build a website (or do anything outside of work). Sorry for the amazingly slow reply. :o

Red_Chili
07-31-2012, 08:35 AM
No worries, Matt. I actually had a flash O' brilliance the other day.

Facebook.

wesintl
08-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Facebook.

and you were put off by godaddy :o

Red_Chili
08-06-2012, 09:03 AM
A lot less in your face scantily clad women trying to sell a web hosting service. Hmmm, there's an association for a target audience...

Well, she's not all that keen on Facebook either as it turns out. I may want to chat with you Matt.