PDA

View Full Version : WTB - FJ40 3rd member

Willinator
07-18-2012, 10:10 PM
My Aussie locker is giving me trouble as of today, I've lost reverse and Drive is clacking and clunking occasionally going straight line down the road -and I need to get down to the FJ Summit in Ouray, if anyone has a good 3rd member I can buy to drop in to get me down and back I'd really appreciate it,

Thanks!
Will

Uncle Ben
07-18-2012, 11:51 PM
Put the spiders and side gears back in....that would be your easiest and quickest option!

baja1d
07-19-2012, 12:10 AM
I've got a couple. Send me a PM

baja1d
07-20-2012, 06:59 AM
Put the spiders and side gears back in....that would be your easiest and quickest option!

That was the plan until we discovered that the D/S axle shaft was broken!!! Sorry we couldn't get you to Ouray!!!

Willinator
07-25-2012, 12:23 AM
That was the plan until we discovered that the D/S axle shaft was broken!!! Sorry we couldn't get you to Ouray!!!

I made it! Went to Yota yard, picked up a shaft, had new bearings it pressed on, slapped it in, bled the brakes and headed out Friday night! Awesome time, loved Ouray. And you were a huge help with getting that broken axle shaft removed, that was awesome:thumb:, and great to meet you guys,
hey, send me your number again, it was lost in the shuffle, I'd like to get you a case of your favorite brew:beer:, or some LED lights!

baja1d
07-26-2012, 07:46 AM
No worries Will, glad you made it. 72o-987-42o2