PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Welding Help/Work

Cheese
07-19-2012, 10:08 AM
Old Toyota friend hoping to tap this talent pool for an odd request.

I chop wood professionally when I am not working my day job and need some help building 5 stands to chop blocks that you stand on. I have all the pieces cut, labeled including a model to match things up to. What I need is someone to burn them together.

I am in Fort Collins and was hoping to find a semi-local welder type person with a 220 machine and experience. Not trying to be a jerk, but I need these to stay together.

No rush, but would like to have it sooner than later. I imagine it is a good afternoon of work putting everything together and have cash money consistent with that time investment. Material is a mix of new mild steel, 1/8" and 3/16" mostly.

I have attached a picture of what we are doing roughly. Please PM or e-mail using flygt enstein AT hot mail DOT com, take out the spaces.

Thanks.

JadeRunner
07-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Hello Adrian. Glad to hear you're still in Colorado and that you sold you're rig (I guess). Someone here might be able to help you. Good luck!

J Kimmel
07-19-2012, 11:30 AM
I'm in Lakewood, its not local, but I'd be happy to weld them. I'll be in the garage this weekend working on my buggy :)

J

TIMZTOY
07-19-2012, 12:46 PM
I too can help. If you venture down to the Denver area, I'm sure you'll find several of us willing and ready to tackle this

Cheese
07-20-2012, 09:40 AM
Thanks gents.

I sold the rig after the meth head smashed it. Received bad guidance when changing insurance, could not have a stated value policy on the rig and was driving it less than 1000 miles a year, so my uninsured property damage was zero. I always thought it would die upside down on a trail, really took that in the shorts. Sold the rig as it sat, it has been resurrected and is on the trails in Kansas as best I know. I am now looking for a diesel American truck to drive around the country lumberjack racing.

Jeremy, I will be in touch, I am out of town this coming week for a contest but will drop you a proper line before the first of the month.

Thanks.

nattybumppo
07-20-2012, 04:18 PM
Big fun, Adrian. I used to compete back in the day, a long time ago. I can't remember anything more fun that chopping block! Of course we always used two by fours nailed into an A frame to support the logs on each side. Your welded ones will be so much better! Have fun.

RedCreeper
07-22-2012, 10:28 PM
im in firestone a bit closer if you still needs it done. i will send a PM

Cheese
08-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Thanks gents, off the road now and back after it.

Appreciate it.

Cheese
03-26-2013, 09:07 PM
At it again, thanks gents, just bumping pictures.

Thanks for the offers, have it covered for now.