PDA

View Full Version : The Blue Mule is For sale

Air Randy
07-25-2012, 04:52 PM
The Mule sold to a nice young guy and his dad who live in Castle Rock.

RockRunner
07-25-2012, 08:53 PM
I can vouch for this rig and if I could sell the 4Runner for that $$$ I would buy it in a flash ;)

Also if it can hold up to 5 days of me wheeling it in Moab it will hold up to 98% of most wheelers :flop:

nattybumppo
07-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Going to buy powerball tickets right now!

FJBRADY
07-26-2012, 10:19 PM
Seen this truck in action and it keeps up with mine.:cool: Gas it up and wheel it. It is put together well.

nakman
07-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Well let's see... you let Tom drive it, so that lowers the value a bit. But then you let Steve drive it, so maybe that's a break-even? :lmao:

I just showed this to the :Princess: and was more than a little surprised what she said... :eek:

Randy any hesitation with this passing emissions up here? Would it fit under a 7' door with the 37's?

subzali
07-27-2012, 09:14 AM
I don't think 1974 requires any emissions at all.

JadeRunner
07-27-2012, 09:21 AM
Trying to thin the herd huh. Sorry to see it go. Hopefully it stay in the club.

AHorseThief
07-27-2012, 09:21 AM

Yep, just walk into the DMV with the title and some cash and walk out with collector's plates.

Uncle Ben
07-27-2012, 10:47 AM
Well let's see... you let Tom drive it, so that lowers the value a bit. But then you let Steve drive it, so maybe that's a break-even? :lmao:

I just showed this to the :Princess: and was more than a little surprised what she said... :eek:

Randy any hesitation with this passing emissions up here? Would it fit under a 7' door with the 37's?

Michelle will have to teach you how to turn in hubs and actually wheel if you got this Tim! :D But then again I guess Tom was able to drive it and keep the rubber side down so it can't be that hard.... :lmao::p:;)

FJBRADY
07-27-2012, 11:01 AM
Well let's see... you let Tom drive it, so that lowers the value a bit.

But then again I guess Tom was able to drive it and keep the rubber side down so it can't be that hard.... :lmao::p:;)

Tom is the Rodney Dangerfield of this club....no respect.:flop::kipper::campfire::doh::comp::gaah::shots::happyhour:

Uncle Ben
07-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Tom is the Rodney Dangerfield of this club....no respect.:flop::kipper::campfire::doh::comp::gaah::shots::happyhour:

:lmao::lmao::D

nakman
07-27-2012, 11:28 AM
Michelle will have to teach you how to turn in hubs and actually wheel if you got this Tim! :D

Hey wait a minute.. I can wheel, sorta.. you just twist a dial and point & shoot, right? What are these "hubs" you're referring to... don't they turn on their own? :confused:

:lmao: actually in all seriousness, Michele is going to be the primary driver of the next rig we get. So it needs to be city friendly, as well as Jenny Creek friendly.. Blue Mule may be a little too shifted to one side on that continuum. Sure has us talking, though! :cool:

davework
07-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Where's the little pup gonna hang out if this finds a new home...

Rock Dog
07-27-2012, 03:39 PM

I believe it has to pass 1 time, and then you can get the collectors plates, since it is a 74'... it only has to pass the tailpipe standard for 74 as i understand it.... but it probably depends on the county you live in..

kurtnkegger
07-27-2012, 05:09 PM
No emissions required if it's pre '76...My Sister bought a '72 FJ40 for her Husband, walked in to the DMV, and walked out with plates. No test required, just a check book. Currently at Merles place in Salida getting everything done to it...

nattybumppo
07-28-2012, 04:38 PM
I believe it has to pass 1 time, and then you can get the collectors plates, since it is a 74'... it only has to pass the tailpipe standard for 74 as i understand it.... but it probably depends on the county you live in..

They changed that requirement three years ago. Pre 76 now needs no emissions test at all, but you can't get a collector's plate any more at all if you buy a 76 or later truck. The rolling 25 year thing is gone.

Air Randy
07-28-2012, 07:45 PM
This one passed the tail pipe sniffer test before I rebuilt the engine and JimC rebuilt the carb. I'm pretty sure it would pass even if it doesn't have to.

I would have to measure it to see if it would fit under a 7' door. I know I have 8' doors and it clears just fine.

Its definitely old school and not plush and squishy like the newer rigs but everything possible on it has been rebuilt or replaced and ut runs like a watch.

I was really torn about selling the Mule or selling Meanie. In the end Meanie can do the harder trails so we opted to go that route. It would really make selling it easier if someone in the club got it and kept it in the familty.

Air Randy
07-28-2012, 07:49 PM

The fact that Tom drove it and it survived with only superficial damage is a testament to how well put together it is :D

Air Randy
07-28-2012, 07:50 PM
Where's the little pup gonna hang out if this finds a new home...

He likes hanging out in the Meanie or one of the race cars too, though the Mule is his favorite.