PDA

View Full Version : Some Argentine Projects

bh4rnnr
08-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Have a few projects i'd like to check off the list before summers/fall end. Everything should be able to be combined into one day, a long one.

Here is what I have on the to do list:

-McClellan Mountain

Reproduce group photo at the top of McClellan Mountain and the end of line for the Argentine Central Narrow Guage. Have old pics of the train stopping at the top of McClellan for a group photo. Will have sign for us to hold like old pic. A then and now kinda thing.

-Sunset at Sunset Mountain.

I want to hike to the Tramway house atop Sunset Mountain. See Matts report here (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=7522&page=8). Looks like you can access this via following the ridge from McClellan. Matt, any idea on time wise for hiking to the tramway house?

-Miners cabin across from Waldorf.

I've been eyeballing this cabin for some time, like the whole time i've been exploring the area. Figure it's time now to get over and check it out. Getting to it requires hiking along one of the roads we closed a few years back (the road needed to be closed, cut through marsh land).

Lastly, spend some time atop Argentine Pass. Been way to long since i've been to the top:rolleyes:.

Like I said, this can all be done in one long day, heck we can even combine it into our second workday for the forest service;).

Interest? Dates?

:beer::beer: