PDA

View Full Version : Rabid Bat in the Broom!!!

LARGEONE
08-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Nakman...did you hear about the Rabid Bat that attacked a woman at the King Soopers near your house?!!! Sounds like she is in serious condition because she didn't seek medical attention for 12 days after being bit. They had the news cameras set up over there when I was there around 2:30 PM today doing a story on it.

Stay Safe!

OilHammer
08-13-2012, 02:17 PM
Bit? How exactly does that happen? Bats are tiny little creatures, they don't exactly swoop down and attack you, though maybe Rabies makes them do that? Dunno....seems like everyone knows to get a shot in an incident like that, so she must have decided it sounded too painful

nakman
08-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Interesting... no I didn't hear about it. Coincidentally, they just opened up an Exempla Medical Center next door, so would have not been difficult to get a shot. :confused:

you have a link to the story?

edit: found it: http://kwgn.com/2012/08/13/bat-bites-broomfield-grocery-store-worker-11/
http://kdvr.com/2012/08/11/bat-bites-broomfield-grocery-store-worker/
http://kdvr.com/2012/08/11/bat-bites-broomfield-grocery-store-worker/#ooid=1vMTZtNTqXxLH88YIWOgthqdfMytDBHD

LARGEONE
08-13-2012, 09:24 PM
I would think a bat out in mid daylight should have been her first clue that something wasn't right?!

smslavin
08-14-2012, 01:19 PM
huh. right around the corner from us. fun times. king soopers scares me anyway. having rabid bats in the store kinda seals the deal for me now.

SRT08BUS
08-14-2012, 04:22 PM
I would think a bat out in mid daylight should have been her first clue that something wasn't right?!

We had a bat hang in the same spot for four days on the outside of the house and call D.O.W. and they said that it was normal:eek: I was telling her that it is not normal to see them in the day and she was acting like I was be unreasonable, I was only telling her that in Jeffco Gilpin and Clearcreek counties they have had bat test positive recently and she replied that it was of no concern or worry to us and then said she would send a packet to us. In the packet was a page on how to build a bat house...I'm not kidding. We then called a couple of places that "rehabilitate" bats and they were telling us to try and catch it and put it in a shoe box and when I brought up that I thought it might be sick they started acting rude as if I was the one being not right in the head, both places didn't mention that due to their work they get the vacc. and both assured me that humans can not get rabies from bats. Every person that I have talked to in animal control say you can indeed and they get people who call them and tell them about the conflicting info they had received from the D.O.W and bat rescue places

Here's a pic of him...I called him Clark Kent!

AHorseThief
08-14-2012, 05:36 PM
Here's a pic of him...I called him Clark Kent!

Shouldn't he have been Bruce Wayne?

SRT08BUS
08-14-2012, 08:28 PM
Shouldn't he have been Bruce Wayne?

Where's the fun in that, you get a more weird response from others with a Clark Kent or a Tony Stark instead of a Bruce.

Rezarf
08-16-2012, 12:46 AM
huh. right around the corner from us. fun times. king soopers scares me anyway. having rabid bats in the store kinda seals the deal for me now.

Cracked me up! :lmao:

rover67
08-16-2012, 08:48 AM
most bats are cool. they keep the mosquito population down.

We have TONS of them around here. at dusk they are kinda everywhere.

I think a bat house would be cool.

Jenny Cruiser
08-16-2012, 09:52 AM
As long as you stay up wind of it.