PDA

View Full Version : USA Pro Challenge

Corbet
08-20-2012, 05:23 PM
Its off and running, well stage 1 is complete already...

Bridger got to see the beginning of his first pro race today, sadly my first pro race too. Turn out was pretty good downtown.

Pictures from the start in Durango. I was right before the last corner entering Main Ave. where a sprinter's prime waited before leaving town.

DaveInDenver
08-20-2012, 08:28 PM
Pretty awesome isn't it? We'll be seeing a couple of the stages this week, although unlikely to bring out the speed suit this year...

smslavin
08-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Nice. Spent the afternoon watching the live feed. Those guys were absolutely flying today averaging close to 27mpg with 10k feet of climbing. Danielson was so deflated when he was finally caught. Would have been nice to see him take the win today.

I was thinking about trying to get up to Boulder on Saturday but not sure yet.

Caribou Sandstorm
08-20-2012, 10:44 PM
We are trying to figure out which stage we can make.

subzali
08-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Pretty awesome isn't it? We'll be seeing a couple of the stages this week, although unlikely to bring out the speed suit this year...

What, no sombrero!? :eek:

Uncle Ben
08-21-2012, 09:34 AM
What, no sombrero!? :eek:

Exactly my question! :lmao:

DaveInDenver
08-22-2012, 08:30 PM
How about one from last year?

http://articles.outtherecolorado.com/articles/stage-1406-pass-climb.html

Not sure if I made it on TV yet this year, just had on a disco shirt. Lots of good costumes on Cottonwood again.

smslavin
08-22-2012, 08:55 PM
How about one from last year?

i know i haven't met you in person yet but that pic just made me snort beer through my nose. :lmao: purple is a good color for you. :thumb: :cheers:

and where did you ever find that speed suit?

bgoodheart
08-22-2012, 10:17 PM
We watched the finish in CB. Got a high five from Jens and shook Tejay's hand as he was being interviewed.

Went to the Gunnison start today, and Cadel gave my son his cap, so that's pretty cool...

BJ

bgoodheart
08-22-2012, 10:22 PM
After getting Cadel's hat, Mateo was inspired to do the strider race after the Pros started. Izzy couldn't handle the pressure of the crowd, so she backed out at the last minute!

BJ

bgoodheart
08-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Last year I was on TV in a Mexican wrestling mask on the side of the road, this year, I managed to be in the right place at the finish. That's my ugly mug in the Carhartt hat.

bgoodheart
08-22-2012, 11:03 PM
Met the Bobke in CB this year...

sno bored
08-23-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm going to be checking out the start in Breck tomorrow. Last year they had the Breck cruisers riding up and down main street before the racers got there. Thousands of people cheering us on from behind the barriers. I'll be on my flamethrower bike, I pull my brake lever and a 10 foot flame shoots out the back of my bike.

farnhamstj
08-23-2012, 06:30 PM
Biked from Vail to Minturn to watch the race with the kids. Awesome!!!

DaveInDenver
08-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Great showing in Lyons today, a lot of fun at the sprint. The enthusiasm of the fans even got one of the State Patrol moto cops to ride through the chute doing a no-hands stunt. :-) Jens was off the front /again/. What a stud. He could not stay out though.

Here's Mt Flyer's coverage from Cottonwood this year. What's great about Cottonwood is that everyone up there is a cyclist, if you get there it's most likely because you rode up one side or the other. It may not be as crowded as Indy or Flagstaff, but the fans are solid.

http://www.mountainflyermagazine.com/view.php/mf-blog-craziness-on-cottonwood-pass-2.html