PDA

View Full Version : Loan of an OBD II Scanner

Romer
07-31-2006, 02:05 PM
If you have been following some of the threads on Mud, I am trying several things to increase air flow and make the engine bay cooler ahead of a TRD Supercharger install. I have no data to point if it is working and I am get LOTS of opinions on Mud.

I have an OBD II Reader, wish I would have spent the extra $$$ to get one that scans real time.

Does someone have an OBD II scanner I can borrow to take data and see if anything I am doing is really doing anything?

The scanner needs to be able to display real time temp data for an 80 Series LC

I would appreciate it and it's worth a Beer after the meeting weds.:beer:

Uncle Ben
07-31-2006, 02:56 PM
If you have been following some of the threads on Mud, I am trying several things to increase air flow and make the engine bay cooler ahead of a TRD Supercharger install. I have no data to point if it is working and I am get LOTS of opinions on Mud.

I have an OBD II Reader, wish I would have spent the extra $$$ to get one that scans real time.

Does someone have an OBD II scanner I can borrow to take data and see if anything I am doing is really doing anything?

The scanner needs to be able to display real time temp data for an 80 Series LC

I would appreciate it and it's worth a Beer after the meeting weds.:beer:

Ken,
I have two. One that is my favorite and a "lessor" one that I believe still reads real time. I'll check it to night to see if it indeed does and if so I'll bring it to the meeting for ya to use however long it takes...interest compounded daily. :lmao: :hill: :thumb:

Romer
07-31-2006, 08:58 PM
Thanks Kevin.!

Romer
08-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Kevin,
I have been reading up on these on line. Which one is your favorite and why?