PDA

View Full Version : Castle Rock Newbie

ScooterFJ40
08-26-2012, 09:02 PM
Well after procrastinating a good deal, I finally found time to create an account on the forum, and I wanted to post a formal introduction right off the bat.

My name is Hadyn, my parents called me Scooter for the longest time (I.E the username), but I respond to almost anything. I'm sure a nickname will eventually surface. I live to the west of Randy's place, I tell people Castle Rock, but it's more or less Lone Tree now? Around Skyridge Hospital to give a good idea.

As many of you know, Randy 'Air Randy' Rosetta recently sold The Blue Mule, and I was the one lucky enough to grab it. I absolutely love it, minus some minor mechanical issues, however, I've been doing my best to drive the :blah: out of it.

I was at the Rally this weekend was able to talk with a few of you, I got a good idea of the local Toyota community and I'm looking forward to getting to know it better!

But until then I'm fairly clueless :bowdown:

FJBRADY
08-26-2012, 09:21 PM
Very Nice.....the Mule is a well built rig.

Have fun and welcome to the forum.:thumb:

subzali
08-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Welcome, I live just north of you at the Arapahoe Road exit. For now. There's a few of us southsiders close by, and we all know the Blue Mule very well. Sweet rig, have fun with it.

RicardoJM
08-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Welcome. I've turned a wrench on the Mule -and you've got a great rig.

RockRunner
08-26-2012, 11:43 PM
Saw you at the rally, I was the one selling food. I too have turned a wrench or too on the rig plus ran it for a week at this past Cruise Moab. It will do more than you are willing to do being new so please be careful. If you need help look us up.

ScooterFJ40
08-27-2012, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I'm new to the Toyota world, but fairly familar with the wheelin' world. I work for an off road engineering company and we usually head to the hills a few times a month; we specialize in Mercedes Benz Unimogs so those are our main trail rigs. But I've got experience with Sammy's and other obscure vehicles.

The Mule has yet to disappoint me, minus the driveshaft breaking...

corsair23
08-27-2012, 05:13 PM
The Mule has yet to disappoint me, minus the driveshaft breaking...

The driveshaft was probably something Tom did to it before purchase :lmao:

Good to know that the Mule went to a good home :thumb:

FJBRADY
08-27-2012, 05:18 PM
plus ran it for a week at this past Cruise Moab.

The driveshaft was probably something Tom did to it before purchase :lmao:

Coincidence? :flop::kipper:

nattybumppo
08-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Aw heck! The Mule will go more places than most rigs with only one axle driven! Welcome, Scooter.