PDA

View Full Version : some parts 'cause of trail breakage

subzali
07-31-2006, 07:23 PM
I need

Rear driveshaft for '77 FJ40
front shackle for same

Anyone? I'll be at the meeting Wednesday with a checkbook if I'm not planning on picking up parts and with cash if I do hear from ya by Wednesday:cheers:

nuclearlemon
07-31-2006, 07:29 PM
what's your pinion bolt pattern and length of d/s...i may have one. also, i've got the old shackles off my 45...little different than stock 40 (heavier, maybe larger diameter pin), but you're welcome to them if you need.

wesintl
07-31-2006, 07:36 PM
can you drive it? I think i have a rear ds under my bench but I have a couple under there and I don't know what's what. I don't remember how good the u joints were.

subzali
07-31-2006, 09:05 PM
Yeah I'm going to drive it Wednesday night. Even though the d/s is more octaganol than cylindrical it doesn't vibrate that much. Can't go check the pattern cause it's in the shop...I'll have it tomorrow night though and can check it then. Ige if you have a matching pair of shackles then I might just go that route so that I'm even on both sides :D

treerootCO
07-31-2006, 09:52 PM
It was worth it even if the air you caught on Lime Creek weakened them parts for later. :D

Nutley has a stash of driveshafts at my place in the back o the 60. Call him and ask if you can dig through 'em. I bet you could find a shackle in my garage.

subzali
08-01-2006, 09:55 PM
the driveshaft bolt hole pattern is 2 7/16" by 2 3/4" on center. At full compression it is 20 1/2" long end to end. At full extension (splines coming apart) it is 24 1/2" long end to end. Help? :confused: