PDA

View Full Version : thinking about a little weekend exploration...

smslavin
08-31-2012, 07:42 PM
The truck hasn't been dirty in far too long so I was thinking about packing up the girls for a little exploring on Sunday. Considering maybe heading up to Russell Gulch or maybe going a little further and doing Rollins Pass West. Any other recommendations? Maybe something with a ghost town or some old mining stuff where the girls can take a peek at history?

4runner
08-31-2012, 09:56 PM
Head down to the Bonaza Off-Highway Vehicle tour area.

Fishy
08-31-2012, 10:26 PM
I'm trying to get out either Monday or Tuesday. I may try to catch up with you depending on where you'll be.

Edit...... you said Sunday, sorry. You'll be home by the time I get out. :(

smslavin
09-01-2012, 10:42 AM
I'm trying to get out either Monday or Tuesday. I may try to catch up with you depending on where you'll be.

Edit...... you said Sunday, sorry. You'll be home by the time I get out. :(

might try to get out monday too. only thing i want to do monday is head up to patagonia's movie night in boulder.

smslavin
09-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Head down to the Bonaza Off-Highway Vehicle tour area.

that looks pretty cool but a little further than i wanted to go for a day trip. definitely on the list though. thanks.

kurtnkegger
09-02-2012, 07:19 AM
This might be a little late of a post, but Half Moon (up by Leadville) is a nice little trail, and if the gate is open, you can drive right up to the Champion Mill. If not, you can walk a short ways to get there.

smslavin
09-02-2012, 12:54 PM
How's that saying start? "The best laid plans..."

Someday the truck will see dirt again. Thanks for the tip on Half Moon. That looks like fun and has been noted.