PDA

View Full Version : Any 100 dudes here getting a cat back exhaust?

nakman
09-17-2012, 03:11 PM
I haven't read every single thread so don't know who's in... just curious if anyone with the DT headers is also thinking DT cat back, or the new EMS cat back? I was interested, then got over it, then saw the EMS thread and am interested again. Would love to see yours first though! :D

wesintl
09-17-2012, 04:47 PM
exactly.. checking out the headers first tho :)

Caribou Sandstorm
09-17-2012, 08:03 PM
Talked to Robbie about the O2 sensors, replacing the right side since I just replaced the left.

I need to get on the DT header list before the Cat back list.

Fishy
09-17-2012, 11:37 PM
I was hoping some of you guys with all the big money would have everything all done, then I could see/hear/feel what all the hype is about before dropping my hard earned cash dollars.

Romer
09-18-2012, 07:18 AM
I have the headers and am happy with them. Haven't really seen enough info to show the exhaust is worth the trouble. My headers were cracked making a ticking noise and the extra HP shown by the before and after Dyno tests were enough.

I know on the 80, there was a big difference when I went to 3" pipe, but I was supercharged so more air going in

It's nice to have kits, but why is that better than when it's time having the muffler shop use bigger pipe and I select a muffler thats better. They seem to use mufflers that i can buy as well. I could go to 3" pipe when I do it like I did on the cruiser and likely save some money and have it customed fitted and welded as well

Anyone see a real advantage?

subzali
09-18-2012, 08:02 AM
I'm not sure you need 3" on a naturally aspirated 4.7L...I think 2 1/4" is stock and the 2 1/2" cat-back Dynomax kit I have on my Tundra feels just about right...

nakman
09-18-2012, 09:30 AM
Well what's intriguing right now is it's a pretty good deal on a full kit, with some nice upgrades to the pipe diameter, the routing, etc. Speaking of the EMS Powered one specifically. the second is they are coming out with a Turbo kit- in which case a new exhaust is almost a requirement. And thirdly, it's about $600, shipped- which as far as aftermarket kits go is a pretty swingin' deal.

Fishy
09-18-2012, 09:46 AM
Looks like EMS Powered is pretty confident in their product as well. It might be a good deal. They're even willing to give one away to prove it.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-cruisers/621586-free-emspowered-100-series-exhaust.html

nakman
09-18-2012, 09:49 AM
Stan, get one!

check out the thread in the triple top secret member's only area.. ;)

60wag
09-18-2012, 11:06 AM
Hasn't EMS had some significant problems in the past making deliveries and resolving issues when customers went to install the "engineered" kit?

nakman
09-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Hasn't EMS had some significant problems in the past making deliveries and resolving issues when customers went to install the "engineered" kit?

Not that I know of, but could be? The internet has a really long memory sometimes... the way I see it is they've got their nuts hanging pretty far out on this one, with the offer of a free kit, numerous threads, and a deal lasting through the end of October. If there are fit/delivery issues, I suspect they will be popping up in no time.

corsair23
09-18-2012, 03:57 PM

They did with their 80 series kit back when but I haven't followed it in a long time...Didn't Treeroot get a EMS kit? I thought somebody had. I think I need from the header back on the LX :o

Caribou Sandstorm
09-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Tim have you done anything on this yet? I just ordered my DT headers, 2-3 weeks out from being able to ship.

nakman
10-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Tim have you done anything on this yet? I just ordered my DT headers, 2-3 weeks out from being able to ship.

Nope. How about let's shoot for the week of 10/22 to get something ordered? And do you know how much the mid-section is? Would be sweet to do the full setup, from headers back.

nakman
10-04-2012, 03:23 PM
I have the headers and am happy with them. Haven't really seen enough info to show the exhaust is worth the trouble. My headers were cracked making a ticking noise and the extra HP shown by the before and after Dyno tests were enough.

Anyone see a real advantage?

Romer, Dyno results are in.. looking close to a 10% increase in horsepower, and about a 15% increase in torque. Holy cow.. and that was without headers. :cool:

Romer
10-04-2012, 06:30 PM
let me see how Rob responds. I was trying to compare these with the DT header graphs and couldnt tie them. I asked the question and the response was the DT header charts look "shady". I might go with you on this