PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in an Estes Park trail Sunday?

MTSN
09-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Although I really want to go on the Crested Butte/Aspen trip, I completely forgot that my girlfriend and I have concert tickets Saturday night up in Fort Collins. We were planning on finding a good trail to run (maybe with a good hike mixed in) in the Estes Park area Sunday since it's kinda/sorta on the way home back to Denver. Is anyone interested in meeting up to do a trail? I have a stock 100 with running boards removed and new 285/75/16 Duratracs; I'll hopefully get my Slee sliders on by Friday night but I'm not sure if I'll have time after work this week. I'd be interested in something that's more difficult than a dirt road, but until I get more protection put on probably nothing too crazy. I'm also very intrested in finding some good scenery with changing colors since it's getting late in the season! Let me know if anyone is interested!

PS this was from last weekend at Guanella Pass. I've only had the 100 for a week and I've already used it quite a bit!

subzali
09-19-2012, 12:54 PM
wow, the aspens are turning early this year.

Rzeppa
09-20-2012, 04:41 PM
wow, the aspens are turning early this year.

Normally 2nd to 3rd week of September is peak in the high country. I have read that due to the higher than normal temperatures and lower than normal precip this past summer that they may be a little early, but in the Evergreen/Conifer area they are right about nominal.

I was thinking about taking a little aspen-peeping trip this weekend myself.

coax
09-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Not sure if you ended up doing a run, but Pierson Park to Johnny Park is a perfect run for a stock 100 series, with a few fun sections mixed in there.

MTSN
09-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Not sure if you ended up doing a run, but Pierson Park to Johnny Park is a perfect run for a stock 100 series, with a few fun sections mixed in there.

I did make it up actually - we did Pole Hill and a few trails in the area that connected to it. It was a great time!

MTSN
11-12-2012, 10:44 AM
I ran the Pole Hill trail system again this last weekend while we were staying up in Estes. It had a little snow on it which made it more fun and the views were great! The next morning I looked out the window at breakfast to see about 5 deer hanging out around the Land Cruiser too :D