PDA

View Full Version : Snow is getting closer

Corbet
09-25-2012, 10:17 PM
Bridger at the shop watching as his season rental's get set up. All he could talk about today was going skiing so I figured today was a good day for a rental pick up. We had snow on top of the LaPlata's this morning for the first time this season:thumb:

Hulk
09-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Awesome. He already knows how to carry them, too.

Corbet
09-26-2012, 09:08 AM
I gave him some pointers;)

farnhamstj
09-26-2012, 09:15 AM
You know how I love to give unsolicited advice......

Put the boots and skis on in the living room or back yard and have him practice walking around in them (put yours on too for him to follow) practice getting back up after falling down and taking them on and off. Practice without all the snow and snow-clothes, is extremely helpful. He'll be a pro before the lifts even start turning.

Corbet
09-26-2012, 09:54 AM
You know how I love to give unsolicited advice......

Put the boots and skis on in the living room or back yard and have him practice walking around in them (put yours on too for him to follow) practice getting back up after falling down and taking them on and off. Practice without all the snow and snow-clothes, is extremely helpful. He'll be a pro before the lifts even start turning.

Already in the plans. He had the cheap plastic pretend skis last year. We just need some snow at the house now to get started. He rode the lift a bunch this summer for the alpine slide. Already a pro on that:thumb:

smslavin
09-26-2012, 09:59 AM
sweet. probably going to get the girls their rentals in the next week or two. they're already asking when we are going to go ski. looking at snow on the peaks this morning after yesterday's weather. it's isn't coming fast enough.

my goal this season, besides trying to get as many days as possible, is to learn to telemark. been wanting to do it for a long time and this will finally be the year.

Corbet
09-26-2012, 10:15 AM
my goal this season, besides trying to get as many days as possible, is to learn to telemark. been wanting to do it for a long time and this will finally be the year.

That's on my list too. Probably get Bridger going strong this year and maybe do that next.

Kipper
09-26-2012, 10:43 AM
here's Bodhi getting his. just look at that face

Lars
09-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Got my 9 year old nephew a 2 day snow board lesson and a four pack last year. He saw the snow on the news at loveland yestday and called me asking when we can go. He's at a fun age where we can start doing stuff like that. It's just sooo expensive.