PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - 12ish Foot Fishing Boat

maxsdad
09-27-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm looking to buy a reasonably priced 12-14 foot fishing boat/trailer - preferably aluminum with trolling motor and fish finder.
Thanks, Rob

TonkaToy
09-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Rob, what's the budget and would one needing a little TLC work? I have a friend in Thornton trying to get rid of one. I believe it's glass but has outboard and trolling motors, 3 or 4 seats, etc. Be a cheap option for you I think.

maxsdad
09-27-2012, 09:26 PM
I wouldn't mind a little work, although I know nothing about boats - never owned one before - so wouldn't feel real confident working on the motor or working with fiberglass if that's what needs work. My budget is totally based on condition - I've seen reasonable deals on Craigslist for $850-$1000.
Can your friend send me some pictures and additional info?
sendmailhome at comcast dot net
Thanks!

TonkaToy
09-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Well he texted me a pic and I can't load it here. I can text it to you, I think. It's got a 50 horse evinrude and the trolling motor has foot controls. 4 seats in great shape, downrigger. But here's the deal, it hasn't been run in a few years. It was winterized though so no reason to think it won't run. At $400, it might be worth a look. I just saw it a week ago and its in pretty good shape. I'd buy it myself, if I fished! I'd be happy to set up a look, if you want. 130th and Colorado area.

maxsdad
09-28-2012, 09:22 AM
PM sent