PDA

View Full Version : Argentine Signing/EA/MVUM trail day with the CCRD

subzali
10-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Okay, so the Forest Service has proposed for us to get up and do some signing work up at Argentine. Actually, they want to do the work but they need vehicles to help them out. There needs to be room for 3 riders plus carsonite supplies. Right now the planned work date is THURSDAY, OCTOBER 18. 9 AM

This is also an opportunity to get on the ground with them and discuss the proposed EA changes detailed in other threads...(i.e. road closures)

Right now I have:
-Dan S
-Martin
-Me
-DaveinDenver
-bomber22

Dan, carsonite stuff should fit in FJ40s pretty well. However, if you need to bring the faux-lux I don't think it will break anybody's heart because there will just be that much more room to throw that stuff :hill:

Are we going to be able to handle 3 riders from the FS?

MDH33
10-03-2012, 04:10 PM
I have the bench seat in the back of my 40, so I can take more than 1 if needed.

JadeRunner
10-03-2012, 06:23 PM
I'll be elk hunting and be able to join.

Make sure they look at the campsite across the foot bridge that I'm always talking about on the lower road. A few weeks ago we went to camp there and is was occupied by people working on the pipe. We walked over there since we didn't see anyone. The place was totally trashed. As in a messy construction zone with trash everywhere. Including fuel and oil stored near the creek. I was intending to report it but didn't. My bad.:o

subzali
10-04-2012, 07:29 AM
I'll let Perry know Scott, I'll post it in the other thread. Thanks

subzali
10-04-2012, 07:58 AM
9 AM meet time at trailhead. Updated first post.

subzali
10-15-2012, 08:42 AM
Just want to confirm who will be there Thursday? Gotta start thinking about food - is the Qdoba party bar thing good? We'll have 6 people I think. Anybody else have any other preferences?

DaveInDenver
10-15-2012, 08:58 AM
If you need help and/or a pickup, I might be able to go. Will confirm this afternoon. I'd have space for one passenger as well.

subzali
10-15-2012, 12:11 PM
If you need help and/or a pickup, I might be able to go. Will confirm this afternoon. I'd have space for one passenger as well.

Dave, I think we have the minimum number of people needed to get the work done, but more is always merrier! I know it's a day of vacation for most, so choose wisely how you want to use your vacation, but for me I've decided that my vacation is well spent up in the mountains! :D

bomber22
10-15-2012, 03:51 PM
I could possibly come up if you need some more help, have a 2000 tundra.what would i need to bring up?

DanS
10-15-2012, 10:37 PM
I should be there. Unless my flight home on Wednesday night has a problem. I *may* have to bug out a little earlier (by roughly 2PM), but the faux-lux is ready to go and has an open bed for carrying who knows what.

Any tools I should bring with me?

Dan

subzali
10-16-2012, 08:17 AM
I could possibly come up if you need some more help, have a 2000 tundra.what would i need to bring up?

I should be there. Unless my flight home on Wednesday night has a problem. I *may* have to bug out a little earlier (by roughly 2PM), but the faux-lux is ready to go and has an open bed for carrying who knows what.

Any tools I should bring with me?

Dan

I don't think any of us really needs to bring anything out of the ordinary. Water, sunscreen, warm clothes, boots, work gloves, hard hat (if you have one), safety glasses, etc.

The Forest Service will have all the tools for driving carsonite. The stuff will fit in an FJ40, but always easier to have a pickemup truck ;)

Might get some pinstriping on that Tundra though, depending on what part of the trail we end up on.

bomber22
10-16-2012, 11:28 AM
no biggy, it's just a truck.

theboomboom
10-16-2012, 12:14 PM
no biggy, it's just a truck.

My stock '97 T100 did well up there a couple weeks ago. If you're not too fussed about a scratch or two, you'll be just fine.

DaveInDenver
10-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Dave, I think we have the minimum number of people needed to get the work done, but more is always merrier! I know it's a day of vacation for most, so choose wisely how you want to use your vacation, but for me I've decided that my vacation is well spent up in the mountains! :D
I can go but I also know having too many people can slow things down. How about if I check in Wednesday evening and call it a game time decision if Dan gets delayed or you need an extra hand or seat?

subzali
10-16-2012, 03:21 PM
I can go but I also know having too many people can slow things down. How about if I check in Wednesday evening and call it a game time decision if Dan gets delayed or you need an extra hand or seat?

I can hardly agree that 5 rigs would slow us down! Unless you're a slow driver! :brick::rolleyes::D

subzali
10-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Okay, let's talk food.

For less than 10 people, Qdoba has burrito box lunches available. So I need to get your orders in.

Main ingredient:
-chicken
-steak
-fire-grilled vegetables

Standard burrito has rice, black beans, cheese and salsa. Burritos can be customized, just let me know what you want.

Comes with chips and salsa.

Dessert: choice of chocolate chip cookie or double chocolate brownie.

If I don't hear from everybody by 10:30am Wednesday I will probably just get the chicken taco bar and call it good!

bomber22
10-16-2012, 06:01 PM
subzali, count me OUT for food but i'm still going to try and get up there. are you meeting at the turn out at 9am?

subzali
10-16-2012, 07:04 PM
Yep, 9am at the turnoff for Argentine Pass.

bomber22
10-17-2012, 07:12 AM
cool i'll be there.

DaveInDenver
10-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Sounds like you have enough people and a 2.5 hour drive doesn't seem attractive at the moment so unless you absolutely need the help I'm gonna have to duck out.

subzali
10-17-2012, 10:17 AM
Okay Dave, fair enough. Woulda been fun to get a mid-week run in with ya!

bomber22
10-17-2012, 09:03 PM
hey matt, should i bring a chain saw in case we come across some downed tree's, what about some trash bags for clean up?