PDA

View Full Version : RTH Question on center diff lock

ttubb
10-09-2012, 11:05 AM
On a rig w/o the 7pin mod (Diff lock Sw) is it possible to lock the center diff by putting the xfer in low range with ign on, getting the diff lock light, then pulling the "Diff" fuse in the fuse panel to lock it then go back to high range to keep it locked in high range? Thanks, Terry

corsair23
10-09-2012, 12:44 PM
On a rig w/o the 7pin mod (Diff lock Sw) is it possible to lock the center diff by putting the xfer in low range with ign on, getting the diff lock light, then pulling the "Diff" fuse in the fuse panel to lock it then go back to high range to keep it locked in high range? Thanks, Terry

Do you not have a diff lock switch? I figured for sure you'd have that :) - A hazard switch will work as well with a little trimming.

To answer your question though if you haven't already jumped over to MUD to verify, yes. I don't remember the exact procedure or fuse to pull but shift to low, get the center diff to lock, then pull the fuse.

ttubb
10-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Do you not have a diff lock switch? I figured for sure you'd have that :) - A hazard switch will work as well with a little trimming.

To answer your question though if you haven't already jumped over to MUD to verify, yes. I don't remember the exact procedure or fuse to pull but shift to low, get the center diff to lock, then pull the fuse.

Yes, I have the switch. This is a rig that has a front diff problem and no diff switch.
Thanks, I thought I had this figured out. T

coax
10-09-2012, 01:47 PM
And just to clarify the cdl mod is not the same as the pin7 mod. I also don't recall which fuse to pull. I've got the cdl and have never used it.

Typed on my phone.

corsair23
10-09-2012, 03:01 PM
And just to clarify the cdl mod is not the same as the pin7 mod. I also don't recall which fuse to pull. I've got the cdl and have never used it.

Typed on my phone.

Yep...pin 7 mod allows you to have the center diff unlocked even when in low. CDL switch allows you to lock the center diff in high. I use the CDL button in the snow or when I want to exercise the lockers in a dirt lot :)