PDA

View Full Version : Spooky Night 10/20, it's ON!!!

farnhamstj
10-14-2012, 04:35 PM
We're not afraid.... Are you???

12th Annual Spooky Night Run. Oct 20. Saturday 3:30 At Idaho Springs City Market, Roll out at 4:00 Sharp. Arrive with well running truck with spare tire, full tank of gas, costumes for kids and trucks. Pack tow straps, warm clothes, and food to share.

Trail Run followed by Pot Luck and Bonfire.

I'll be bringing sleeping bags and may spend the night, you should too if you plan on adult beverages around the fire. Please behave responsibly.

Couple threads from past years.

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=16710&highlight=spooky

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?
t=16602&highlight=spooky

ww.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=16653&highlight=spooky

farnhamstj
10-14-2012, 08:57 PM
Map from last year. My thought is to copy Tim's itinerary. It would be helpful if someone would offer to get a fire going before the group arrived. I still have the :flamingo: suit if someone want to borrow it.

MDH33
10-14-2012, 09:20 PM
Don't forget that combined deer/elk starts the 20th, so I would guess you will have hunter camps up there as well. Be safe and have fun. :beer:

farnhamstj
10-14-2012, 10:11 PM
That means my Bullwinkle costume is probably a bad idea.

smslavin
10-15-2012, 09:37 AM
Put us down as a tentative. I'll check with Bec later this afternoon and get confirmation. If you're rolling out at 4, we should be able to just make that but might have to play catch up.

Fishy
10-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Put us down as a tentative. I'll check with Bec later this afternoon and get confirmation. If you're rolling out at 4, we should be able to just make that but might have to play catch up.

CB4 and 146.46
I'll pm my cell number too.

smslavin
10-15-2012, 11:04 PM
Looks like it's just going to be me. Bec wasn't too excited about driving around up there in the dark. Not sure about the little :Princess:es yet.

Rzeppa
10-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Arrive with well running truck with spare tire

What for?

:lmao::D:cheers:

Fishy
10-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Looks like it's just going to be me. Bec wasn't too excited about driving around up there in the dark. Not sure about the little :Princess:es yet.

After today's events, I'm running solo Saturday night. My wife informed me that there is no way her and the kids are coming. That means I may be in for camping!

farnhamstj
10-17-2012, 08:30 PM
Why "no way" for the kids? My kids are dressing up. Glow sticks, campfire, marsh mellows.

Any snow on the trail?

Fishy
10-17-2012, 08:59 PM
Yeah..... about 2 inches, it made the going a little tough in some spots. The trail was pretty sketchy early this morning, but still fun. Then, we had a pretty wild situation go down at the far end of the loop. I should have called you on the way home today. I posted something in the trip reports section. Give me a call tonight or tomorrow and I'll fill you in.
EDIT* PM sent

Fishy
10-17-2012, 10:01 PM
I was hoping to have more people posting up that they are going. Right now, we're at 4 trucks. Anyone else plan on making the run? Gonna be fun and it's already spoooooky.

The guy who was with me today has offered to go up to the camp/potluck sight and get a fire going while the rest of us do the loop. Feel free to head straight to the fire if you don't want to run the loop. Your truck can easily make it to the camp spot, and although the loop is a little more difficult, even a stock rig should be fine. (Provided there isn't a bunch of snow.) Everyone will have some form of recovery gear and no one needs to worry.

FJCDan
10-18-2012, 09:55 AM
I was hoping to have more people posting up that they are going. Right now, we're at 4 trucks. Anyone else plan on making the run? Gonna be fun and it's already spoooooky.

The guy who was with me today has offered to go up to the camp/potluck sight and get a fire going while the rest of us do the loop. Feel free to head straight to the fire if you don't want to run the loop. Your truck can easily make it to the camp spot, and although the loop is a little more difficult, even a stock rig should be fine. (Provided there isn't a bunch of snow.) Everyone will have some form of recovery gear and no one needs to worry.

Hey Fishy, Since Farnham reposted my truck and Mr. Bones in the back, I will be there and the Grandkids will be with me also. Looking forward once again. Dan:eek::eek:

Fishy
10-18-2012, 10:07 AM
After today's events, I'm running solo Saturday night. My wife informed me that there is no way her and the kids are coming. That means I may be in for camping!

My wife has come back around. My little guy will be with me for sure. The thought of Smores was more than he could bear and he gave my wife his best "sad little guy eyes" until she relented.

And, it may have helped that I told her "all the other kids are going".

Fishy
10-18-2012, 11:55 AM
We're not afraid.... Are you???

12th Annual Spooky Night Run. Oct 20. Saturday 3:30 At Idaho Springs City Market, Roll out at 4:00 Sharp. Arrive with well running truck with spare tire, full tank of gas, costumes for kids and trucks. Pack tow straps, warm clothes, and food to share.

Trail Run followed by Pot Luck and Bonfire.

Just so everyone is on the same page......There is no City Market in Idaho Springs. We'll be at the Safeway in Idaho Springs. If you're coming from the East, take exit 241A to Miner St, and it's on your left. You can't miss it. 3:30 show for a 4:00 go! http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=2425+Miner+St,+Idaho+Springs,+CO&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bpcl=35440803&biw=1152&bih=611&wrapid=tlif135057894044110&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

TonkaToy
10-18-2012, 06:21 PM
I will be there. Possibly 2 vehicles, depending on if both of my boys are going or not....I only have one extra seat in the 40 so there may be a Jheep along with me!
I was/am hoping for a big turnout again this year, we look forward to this one every year!

farnhamstj
10-18-2012, 09:12 PM
non-vegetarian Minnesota Wild Rice Soup. Crock Pot draws about 200watts on the inverter. Should be hot and have you saying, "Ya' sure, you betch' ya"

bomber22
10-19-2012, 04:10 PM
the wife and I will be there, we are bringing a pot of chili,fritos and mini cupcakes for the kids. I might have my wife's nephew join to , but he drives a dodge also is it ok if we bring our 6 month old? puppy that is german sheppard/lab.

Fishy
10-19-2012, 06:09 PM
Friendly dogs are always welcome. There are horses that free graze in the meadow, and lots of deer, so it's probably wise to keep him/her leashed up.

farnhamstj
10-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Glad to hear the horses are still there. It's my daughters Birthday Sat. She's very interested in seeing the horses. Last year the kids saw them in the morning after climbing out of the tent. This year we're bringing carrots and apples to feed them.

Fishy
10-19-2012, 09:09 PM
They walked right up to the truck the other day. Pretty cool!

JadeRunner
10-20-2012, 12:26 AM
Thanks so much for leading the Spooky Night Run Farnham. Sounds like a great time. I probably can't make it. I have a scheduled date night with the wife that night.

BJTLC100
10-20-2012, 08:25 AM
I am looking forward to meeting everyone going on this run tonight! I made some awesome Green Curry with pork, that should be a hit, if you like spicey Thai food! Stan, let me know what time your are heading up and I will follow you to Idaho Springs!

Brad

smslavin
10-20-2012, 10:50 AM
unfortunately, as much i would like to meet up, i have to bail out tonight. have fun.