PDA

View Full Version : 2003 4Runner Sport Edition - 130k miles - $10,500

JChisum
10-23-2012, 05:36 PM
This 4Runner must sell within a week. Thanks for looking.

Excellent condition 2003 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition. 130,000 miles. Has never been in an accident. No body damage, only minor scratches and normal wear and tear. Getting over estimated gas mileage, currently 19.0 mpg. Only 3 owners, no smoking in car EVER.

I absolutely love this SUV and planned to keep it forever. I am moving out of the country at the end of the month for a new teaching job and sadly must sell my car.

4.7L V8 Engine - All Time 4WD - Automatic
BRAND NEW BRAKES - New off-road/winter tires, all 4 matching
Running Boards - Tow Package
Automatic Rear Window/Sun Roof
Premium Sound 6 CD Changer - JBL Speakers

Please contact me with serious inquiries - 214.566.6965 - Jason

Rzeppa
10-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Does it have a rear locker or a-track?

DaveInDenver
10-25-2012, 06:22 PM
It would not have a locker or A-TRAC, in the 4th generation these are available on 2008 and 2009 Trail Edition only. Sport Edition should have X-REAS suspension. It would have VSC, the anti-skid, anti-slip system that acts sort of like a locker by braking slipping wheels.

It would have a center diff lock. Also being V8 it would not have a 2WD mode, just all-wheel 4WD, regular high (e.g. locked center diff) and regular low ranges.

Romer
10-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Jeff - this link should help you

http://www.top4runners.com/runhist/runhist42003.html

docmallory
10-25-2012, 08:03 PM
It has ATRAC like all 4th gens.

Awesome engine.

I had one of these and it was a beast in the snow, even on mud tires.

DaveInDenver
10-25-2012, 08:08 PM
It has ATRAC like all 4th gens.
All 4th gens have VSC & TRAC, which is the regular traction control. Only the 08 and 09 Trail Editions have A-TRAC & lockers. All 4WD 5th gen trucks I believe have A-TRAC.

docmallory
10-25-2012, 09:40 PM
All 4th gens have VSC & TRAC, which is the regular traction control. Only the 08 and 09 Trail Editions have A-TRAC & lockers. All 4WD 5th gen trucks I believe have A-TRAC.

Dave, I stand corrected. There has been a lot of confusion over the terminology between ATRAC and TRAC, and I fell victim to that. Up until 2009 we used the terms TRAC and A-TRAC fairly synonymously to describe the traction control in 4-Hi, although it seems the most appropriate terms would have been TRAC and "automatic traction control". Then the Trail Editions came along with a switch for traction control in 4-Lo, and this became the official use for the term A-TRAC.

Regardless, good luck to the seller of this vehicle. These are fine trucks and I miss mine, especially in the winter. The VSC and TRAC work well, and the vehicle has a nice balance on slippery roads.

DaveInDenver
10-26-2012, 07:03 AM
It is very confusing. We had a 2003 SR5 for a few months and it most definitely did not have A-TRAC, which is why I mentioned it.

JChisum
10-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Give me a reasonable offer and we can talk! Please call me at 214-566-6965 as I don't check the message board too often.

Also, thanks to others for answering questions I didn't see!

Caribou Sandstorm
10-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Timing belt changed?

JChisum
10-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Timing belt changed?

I bought the car from Peak Kia with 101k miles. I was told by them all 100k updates and checks, including timing belt, were done by them.

Rzeppa
11-02-2012, 09:26 PM
It would have VSC, the anti-skid, anti-slip system that acts sort of like a locker by braking slipping wheels.

That is precisely how A-Trac was described to me when the FJC first came out and I was test driving them. What the heck is the difference?

I have wheeled FJCs with no locker but with A-Trac, and spotted them too. They seem to work better than lockers in some situations and not as well in others in my own personal observation.

DaveInDenver
11-03-2012, 06:54 AM
That is precisely how A-Trac was described to me when the FJC first came out and I was test driving them. What the heck is the difference?
A-TRAC is available in low range, the regular VSC/TRAC disables when the center diff is locked which happens automatically in 4 low and is an option in 4 high. I have no idea why Toyota would not include it from the start if the pieces are all the same (and my assumption is they are) and it's just different firmware.

Rzeppa
11-06-2012, 05:53 PM
A-TRAC is available in low range, the regular VSC/TRAC disables when the center diff is locked which happens automatically in 4 low and is an option in 4 high. I have no idea why Toyota would not include it from the start if the pieces are all the same (and my assumption is they are) and it's just different firmware.

Wes Worek and I were test driving an FJC back when they first came out and Boulder Toyota was having an open house. We took it out to a flat, gravel area a couple miles from the dealership. In 2WD high range (this was an auto transmission rig, obviously) I tried to do donuts and it wouldn't let me!

I pressed the A-Trac button and it didn't make any difference! They should have an idiot light that says "NO FUN ALLOWED". :rolleyes: