PDA

View Full Version : 80 series emissions rollers

rockrod
10-24-2012, 04:47 PM
turns out I didn't need them after all.

Thanks!

corsair23
10-24-2012, 05:59 PM
I have a set of 285 Toyo MT emission tires on stock wheels you could borrow...

Caveats - I didn't pay to have them rebalanced when I had them mounted (they were my old DD tires) so they might rattle you to death :hill: AND, the tires are mounted on '97 series wheels which require the acorn SHANK style lug nutss - I can't remember what year wheels use what style of lugs but you might need to pick up a set of lugs which might not make this all that practical.

Bonus, I'm only about a mile from the e-test place on Colorado Blvd and County Line Rd so you could technically swap over to them in the driveway or street, go get your test, and swap back fairly quickly.

On the flip side, I have a set of aftermarket wheels (rims) that I'd sell pretty cheap if you find tires. I think they are stock 80 series size (16x8 or maybe 16x7)

rockrod
10-24-2012, 07:12 PM
those wheels/tires would work perfect. My 94 has the acorn lug nuts.

I will contact one once a date is set. I have to go back once the i/m are all showing ready and then it hits the rollers.

Thanks!

corsair23
10-25-2012, 01:33 PM
Rereading what I posted...

Bear with me because often the simple things in life confuse me :hill:

I think it is the older style wheels that use the acorn lugs as where the wheels that I have would require the use of "shank" style lug nuts. Maybe the smarties on her can confirm...A quick MUD search (http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/474462-what-correct-lug-nut-use-95-fzj80.html) seems to confirm this.

So...I fixed my post above but you would need the newer shank style lug nuts to work with my e-test tires.

Sorry for the confusion.

rockrod
10-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Ah no worries. I first have to get through the ref before I will be able to run the rollers. I appreciate the offer though :)