PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Small RTT

coax
11-12-2012, 09:51 AM
I know this is probably a long shot but looking for a Eezi-awn series 3 1.2 or howling moon 1.2. (or maybe even the hannibal 1.2). Trying to keep it under 48" wide so I can run along side my roof box.

Imagine I will just end up getting one new but wanted to at least check first.

nakman
11-12-2012, 10:53 AM
You're going to need some seriously long cross bars to also run a box. I thought about it when I had a first gen Monbossa, which is 42" wide, and there was really no way I could get it to work with 60" bars. Maybe my Thule box is wider than yours, or your box hinges in the front or back? ... but when I put the clearance between them enough to actually open the box, it just wasn't adding up.

Most aftermarket roof racks are in the 50-52" width, which leaves about 5" per side if centered, like 1 camping chair.

coax
11-12-2012, 11:08 AM
You're going to need some seriously long cross bars to also run a box. I thought about it when I had a first gen Monbossa, which is 42" wide, and there was really no way I could get it to work with 60" bars. Maybe my Thule box is wider than yours, or your box hinges in the front or back? ... but when I put the clearance between them enough to actually open the box, it just wasn't adding up.

Most aftermarket roof racks are in the 50-52" width, which leaves about 5" per side if centered, like 1 camping chair.

Thanks for the info! I've been worried that it'll be a tight fit, but I think I may be able to manage :confused:. I have 4 yakima bars that are some oddball length, but pretty sure they are close to 6ft(They extend a good 8" past the tower on each side. The roof box measures at 24" wide but I can hang it over by 2-3 inches or so. After speaking with the folks at sierra expeditions I should be able to hang the RTT over by 2" or so no problem.

If worse comes to worse I can ditch the box, buy the 78" bars or sell the RTT for a bit less than I bought it for. :cheers: First I gotta find a tent or save up the 2k. *cough cough*