PDA

View Full Version : Wierd ideas for motos

60wag
11-14-2012, 11:45 AM
This one just looks like a dumb idea to me. Maybe that's why it's, "used once."

http://boulder.craigslist.org/mcy/3409337444.html

Voyager Motorcycle Conversion Kit -- Boulder, CO: converts your bike from a two wheel to a trike in a matter of minutes for long trips, then converts back to a two wheel for shorter trips or whenever you desire. Fits HD 883 Hugger, 1200 HD Sportster, or any similar size make/mod bike including Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha. Used only once . White Pearl color can be painted to match your bike. Retails for $4095. Willing to sell for $2495. Call 303-513-9072.

nakman
11-14-2012, 01:12 PM
I never understood the desire to have one of those trikes... to me it takes all the inconvenience of a motorcycle, and combines that with all the inconvenience of a car. So I've got a wide vehicle that handles poorly that won't haul anything and I'm out in the elements, but I can't take it off any sweet jumps or on narrow trails, can't even park it close to the front door at Target.

J Kimmel
11-14-2012, 09:36 PM
pretty much sums it up.

I rock one if i were handicap otherwise pass.

Jenny Cruiser
11-15-2012, 07:56 AM
I fall on the trikes aren't bikes side of the fence, but I like the fact that guys that couldn't ride a bike are still out there on their trikes. Even those a$$hauling CanAm things. I was back home to take the AT for one last ride before that snow hit and talked to an old guy on a new Harley trike. He bought it after having his hips replaced and had over $40K in it. That's dedication and a cool guy to boot. :)

nakman
11-15-2012, 08:33 AM
Chad have you ridden one of those Can Am things?

http://www.can-am.brp.com/Files/neutral/Images/CultureSelection/roadster-2.jpg

Those look about as appealing as a mono ski to me, but hey I never tried one of those either maybe I'm missing something. :confused:

wesintl
11-15-2012, 09:07 AM
as appealing as a mono ski to me

blasphemy

nakman
11-15-2012, 11:15 AM
blasphemy

Yeah, figures you east coasters can't keep your tips from crossing in the pow. :D

wesintl
11-15-2012, 06:42 PM
I slay more pow than a local:)

Jenny Cruiser
11-15-2012, 07:01 PM
If you like riding a sled you might like the Spyder. That's what it reminded me off is a snowmobile for the road. It's got so much techno/safety gadgetry on it you can't have any fun at all. The foot brake really sucks.

60wag
11-16-2012, 11:17 AM
I think the CanAm thing is pretty cool in it's own way. OTOH, a trike w/ two wheels in back and one in front just rubs me the wrong way because of the steering. Anyone who's ridden an ATC90 knows what I mean, it just doesn't work right.

So how about this one? The one in front is cool but check out the one in back. It reminds me of the movie Brazil.