PDA

View Full Version : 10 Gallon fish tank

rover67
11-26-2012, 09:52 AM
So, it is time. We need to find a new home for Greg.

Greg is our 10 gallon fish tank. Greg used to consist of several varieties of tropical little fish, snails, a bush, and baby fish. Lately the population has dwindled to only one plecostomus and some kind of weird skeleton fish. The pleco is pretty healthy and the skeleton fish seems to be a real survivor.. in fact the skeleton fish almost inspired a new name for Greg "Skelator". We tried to rename Greg to Skelator, but Perry's rig got angry so we left it as Greg.

Anyways, Greg is in good shape.... It's clean and comes with adequate filtration systems including an under gravel filter and a over the back filter. Greg even has a bubble curtain which can be turned on to set the mood. The bubble curtain was not on for the photo.

Greg also has a well maintained sea-weed bush. In it's prime, Greg's bush would grow fast, but lately it has settled into a slow growing state that is easy to keep up with allowing trimmings to be kept to a minimum. It seems to like growing on the submerged log.

If you feed Greg and keep it clean it will once again thrive. We just want that corner of the room back again so we can make a bike rack.

So, save Greg from the toilet..... come by and trade me a 12 pack of something cheap for it. I know somebody has kids that would love to have a Greg. Pickup at my place in Boulder.

The Details:

10 gallon tank
Fluorescent light with a good bulb
two air pumps
bubble curtain
over the back filter
undergravel filter
heater that works well
some fish food
some water treatment (algea and new water)
a vacuum for the gravel
thermometer

It's basically the item listed below plus the stuff to make it work (good heater and air pumps) and stay clean (under gravel filter is the way to go, and the over the back keeps up with lots of fish)

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10868052&cp=3237714.11695590&utm_campaign=bazaarvoice&utm_medium=SearchVoice&utm_source=RatingsAndReviews&utm_content=Default

rover67
11-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Nobody wants a Greg?

rover67
11-30-2012, 10:04 AM
looking for a home.......

PabloCruise
11-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Greg's bush would grow fast...

I keep getting stuck on this...

Maybe if it had a girl's name?

:D

This would be cool for my little guy, but not sure the next time I'll be down in Denver...

rover67
11-30-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm in boulder. wanna meet somewhere?

Call it Kate.

That has a nice ring to it.

rover67
12-02-2012, 03:21 PM
alrighty folks....

t minus 7 days

save greg.

PabloCruise
12-03-2012, 03:54 PM