View Full Version : Oh so true about Dads

11-29-2012, 12:53 PM
I have progressed through all the stages and am now the bodyguard. What stage are you?

Sarah sent this to me

11-29-2012, 01:10 PM
All of them at once, I fear.

Uncle Ben
11-29-2012, 01:53 PM
The clown one is soooo not true.....I don't drive a white sedan! :rolleyes: :lmao::lmao:

11-29-2012, 05:16 PM
Should have kept that cape from the good ol' days. Yup the bodygard phase is it for my youngest. The oldest graduates from college in a couple of weeks. Then he comes off the payroll. So what next.....

11-29-2012, 08:52 PM
Somewhere between superhero, clown, and tyrant currently I'd surmise :hill:

11-29-2012, 11:14 PM
I'm definitely still in the superhero phase. Looks like I'd better enjoy it while it lasts.

The six girls you'll date in college vid was pretty funny, but probably NSFW.

11-29-2012, 11:39 PM
I think I'm on the last remaining bit of superhero.

11-30-2012, 12:25 AM
I think once you get to the last stage, you stay there forever. I still call my dad almost everyday. I rely on his advice, knowledge and approval for so many things in my life. I know my younger brother and sister do too. He relishes that role as I'm sure most dads do.

The day will come when I don't have him available to call anymore. That day comes for us all. I've learned to cherish every conversation we have now. I know that I've learned from my father at every phase, even when I thought I knew more than him. My own kids are young enough that they still think the sun rises and sets cause I told it to. I keep hearing stories from friends with daughters in high school and it makes me want to freeze my girls at age 4!!!