PDA

View Full Version : Oh so true about Dads

Romer
11-29-2012, 12:53 PM
I have progressed through all the stages and am now the bodyguard. What stage are you?

Sarah sent this to me

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6583682/the-six-ways-youll-see-your-dad

SteveH
11-29-2012, 01:10 PM
All of them at once, I fear.

Uncle Ben
11-29-2012, 01:53 PM
The clown one is soooo not true.....I don't drive a white sedan! :rolleyes: :lmao::lmao:

Cheeseman
11-29-2012, 05:16 PM
Should have kept that cape from the good ol' days. Yup the bodygard phase is it for my youngest. The oldest graduates from college in a couple of weeks. Then he comes off the payroll. So what next.....

corsair23
11-29-2012, 08:52 PM
Somewhere between superhero, clown, and tyrant currently I'd surmise :hill:

Corbet
11-29-2012, 11:14 PM
I'm definitely still in the superhero phase. Looks like I'd better enjoy it while it lasts.

The six girls you'll date in college vid was pretty funny, but probably NSFW.

Hulk
11-29-2012, 11:39 PM
I think I'm on the last remaining bit of superhero.

Fishy
11-30-2012, 12:25 AM
I think once you get to the last stage, you stay there forever. I still call my dad almost everyday. I rely on his advice, knowledge and approval for so many things in my life. I know my younger brother and sister do too. He relishes that role as I'm sure most dads do.

The day will come when I don't have him available to call anymore. That day comes for us all. I've learned to cherish every conversation we have now. I know that I've learned from my father at every phase, even when I thought I knew more than him. My own kids are young enough that they still think the sun rises and sets cause I told it to. I keep hearing stories from friends with daughters in high school and it makes me want to freeze my girls at age 4!!!