PDA

View Full Version : @ Martin, Bow measurements

gr8fulabe
12-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Hey Martin,

Nice to meet you in person today & thanks for all of your time! I was curious how my bows lined up compared to yours, so I used a level & tape measure & took some pics. Without any spacers, by center cross-bow seems dead on...

Not sure if that means mine are off somehow, or if yours are. Its minimal, so ultimately I figure who cares... Just figured I'd share since I was curious & took the time to check it out. Pics below.

Best,
Abe

MDH33
12-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Good to meet you too, Abe. Glad to help out. Thanks for taking the measurements. Looks like mine might be off, which would explain the top being a little short. I'll take a closer look when I pull them to put the hard top back on.

cbmontgo
12-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Abe, I have OEM bows on my '76 and a canvas top made by Moriarty from Pakistan; you are welcome to come down and take more measurements on mine if you need to get another set of numbers for production...

MDH33
12-15-2012, 10:16 AM
Abe (or anyone else with OEM style bows)

Could you take a couple of pics of where the tub B pillar and bow meets, and then measure the height from the tub to the top of the stamped section of bow B pillar?

I was thinking about how the top seemed short, but after looking more closely at my bows, I notice they angle up higher than they should, as if that stamped section along the door is too long. :confused: make sense? I'm wondering if there are different lengths for that section or if there's a difference in tubs maybe?

Anyway, I think your soft top was sized correctly and my bows are what were off.

Anyone else who has bows (Wes, Ricardo, Dan, Dean) a comparison of different bows would be helpful.

Thanks!

cbmontgo
12-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Abe (or anyone else with OEM style bows)

Could you take a couple of pics of where the tub B pillar and bow meets, and then measure the height from the tub to the top of the stamped section of bow B pillar?

I was thinking about how the top seemed short, but after looking more closely at my bows, I notice they angle up higher than they should, as if that stamped section along the door is too long. :confused: make sense? I'm wondering if there are different lengths for that section or if there's a difference in tubs maybe?

Anyway, I think your soft top was sized correctly and my bows are what were off.

Anyone else who has bows (Wes, Ricardo, Dan, Dean) a comparison of different bows would be helpful.

Thanks!

The measuring tape is from the top lip of the tub. Bows are OEM Toyota.

Hope this helps...

wesintl
12-16-2012, 04:44 PM
26 1/8

MDH33
12-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Thanks guys! Any chance you could shoot a pic that shows where the bow meets the tub?

cbmontgo
12-21-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks guys! Any chance you could shoot a pic that shows where the bow meets the tub?

Martin,

Is this the area where you are talking about?

MDH33
12-21-2012, 01:20 PM
Martin,

Is this the area where you are talking about?

Yes, thanks for posting the pics. :thumb: I was wondering if they all have that raised section above the striker where the bow drops in or if they are flush with the top of the tub where the hardtop bolts on. Mine looks like yours and the bow is the same height. I still can't figure out why my bows seem too high and door frame seems crooked above the door. :confused: I'll post some pics. It might be a combination of the door hinge adjustment and bow adjustment, but still doesn't explain why the top seemed so short.

wesintl
12-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Bow pic