PDA

View Full Version : FJ40 Roll Bar - Main Hoop

rover67
12-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Howdy Folks.

I am searching for a stock FJ40 Roll bar main hoop. Mine is knackered from a previous roll over.

let me know what you have, if you have something :)

I am not sure what years were the same as my 82', but that's what i'm looking for. Seems like quite a few were similar.

Thanks!
Marco

rover67
12-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Did some quick reading. I need one from a 78' or later vehicle. So it has the seatbelt mounts.

gr8fulabe
12-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Hey Marco,
I don't have one for you, but your's is grey isn't it, to match your seats/interior? If that's the case you'll need a 79 & later one, if you don't want to repaint & all that.

rover67
12-04-2012, 12:02 PM
I was planning on repainting anyways....

Rzeppa
12-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Howdy Folks.

I am searching for a stock FJ40 Roll bar main hoop. Mine is knackered from a previous roll over.

let me know what you have, if you have something :)

I am not sure what years were the same as my 82', but that's what i'm looking for. Seems like quite a few were similar.

Thanks!
Marco

I have an extra one you are welcome to, from my '76. Bonus: already sandblasted and painted. I picked up an extra from Steve Helmreich that was going to go into my '71, but at the rate I do stuff I doubt I'll get around to that project. I'd just as soon see it get used and out of my garage.

Rzeppa
12-04-2012, 05:47 PM
FWIW, shoulder seatbelt mounts are there on at least '75 onward, probably '73 onward when the roll bar was introduced along with front bucket seats.

MDH33
12-04-2012, 07:40 PM
FWIW, shoulder seatbelt mounts are there on at least '75 onward, probably '73 onward when the roll bar was introduced along with front bucket seats.

I'm pretty sure the shoulder belts were mounted to the hardtop until '77, then they were on the rollbar.

Marco, Why not just weld up a good family cage? You know you'll need to eventually anyway. ;) :bolt:

rover67
12-04-2012, 08:21 PM
trying to keep it pretty stock.

Jeff, can you send me a pic or two of what you have? Thanks for the offer BTW.

Rzeppa
12-05-2012, 07:05 PM
I'm pretty sure the shoulder belts were mounted to the hardtop until '77, then they were on the rollbar.

Marco, Why not just weld up a good family cage? You know you'll need to eventually anyway. ;) :bolt:

The seat belts are mounted to both the roll bar and the hard top, or lower B-Pillars when the hard top is off.

The oval guide that the seat belts slide through above the wearer's shoulders is mounted to one of the 3 bolts that connect the rear roll bar sections to the main hoop via the clamps. The retractors mount to the B-Pillars on the hard top when the hard top is on, and bolt to the lower part of the B-Pillars when the hard top is off.

wesintl
12-05-2012, 07:25 PM
what martin is talking about is the retractors are mounted to the roll bar on the grey ones. The black ones the retracktor is on the hardtop. Both use the swivel point on the roll bar.

I have a black one too you can have. probably weld on the seat belt retractors brackets on. I don't know what else is different in terms of spec tho