PDA

View Full Version : Free-ish 60

loudbay
01-05-2013, 12:19 AM
Ok, this poor parts 60 has just been sitting. I'd like to keep the tinted glass, a few interior parts, the CD player, the wheels n tires, front seat, and the shackles, maybe the springs (just stuff nicer than mine). Has a good maintenance history, jetted super lean to pass emissions, so super weak on the road (don't even mention hills). The body is decent, better than my 60s body... Motor, tranny, xfer case, axles, all good. The catch, I don't have a place for it, or to pull the parts...

Do you have a spot for it? Do you have a trailer? You can have it... I can pull the parts I want on your schedule, no big hurry on my part. Maybe you could give me a hand pulling and installing, and I could do the same for you. I'd like to move it ASAP. Preferably this weekend. It's in Louisville.

Reply to the thread and PM me your number
Cheers, Matt

Edit: moving the parts request list to this first post

Euro is looking for axles, wheels and driveshafts, steering and brakes, pedal bucket.
74fj40, just saw your post about passing. Cheers, let us know.
Specter 6000 trans/xfer case, carb/jets.
Rezarf: ignition and coil.
Baja1d: rear springs, I mentioned I may keep them, but we'll make sure you get a pair.
Loudbay: keeping tires some interior panels, radio, passenger headlight/surround, front seat, glass, shackles, maybe springs, and probably some other odds n ends. Just whatever parts are nicer than what's on my driver.
SteveH: 2f (I think)

loudbay
01-05-2013, 12:21 AM
Maybe two of you guys looking for parts can come to an agreement to part what's left and keep what you need... Just a thought...

Tommy the Cat
01-05-2013, 09:13 AM
What year?

loudbay
01-05-2013, 09:29 AM
What year?

Sorry, that's kind of important.

1982. Red w tan interior.

euroford
01-05-2013, 11:47 AM
i am EXTREMELY interested as i would love the axles, wheels and driveshafts and i could likely arrange transportation and would be okay with others being allowed to pick it over for a bit in my driveway.

also, i am in Louisville as well (neighbors with wild rice if you know where he hangs out) and would be more than happy to help you get parts off of it.

loudbay
01-06-2013, 01:51 AM
Ok I have 74fj40 first, and then euroford to call in the a.m. I'll play along and tally up the parts u guys need too. Hopefully everyone can get what they need.

euroford
01-06-2013, 09:09 AM
Coolness. If you miss me, leave a message and i'll call back asap as you can definitely count me in on this.

74fj40
01-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Loudbay/Tim I am going to pass, just dont have the time for a project!!

loudbay
01-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Euro is looking for axles, wheels and driveshafts, steering and brakes.
74fj40, just saw your post about passing. Cheers, let us know.
Baja1d: rear springs, I mentioned I may keep them, but I don't need them, so they're yours. They have a leaf from another pack added to them, so they plenty springy still!
I'm keeping tires some interior panels, radio, front seat, glass, shackles, maybe springs, and probably some other odds n ends. Just whatever parts are nicer than what's on my driver.

Anyone else want to get in on this??? Post it up! I think we have a driveway in Louisville for it to rest in while we work on it. Consider it my contribution to keeping more LCs in driving, wife-approving, non stinking condition, staying in one piece condition. If anyone has some return cruiser Karma to give out there, pay it forward! I'd like a complete, rust free, fj40 body to put on my 80 chassis, and for someone to do my front brakes and reseal the front end, and e lockers, and gears, and an engine hoist (which i let a land rover guy borrow, and HE MOVED). End pipe dream, lol.

spectre6000
01-06-2013, 12:19 PM
I would love to grab the tranny/transfer. The non-synchro first is going to make driving less enjoyable for the wife. Planning to do that in the near future. Also, what jets and does anyone know if they are compatible with a '74 carb? Sounds like a fun day of wrenching! I will have some pay it forward parts soon (including a practically zero mile Rancho steering damper setup).

loudbay
01-06-2013, 12:22 PM
It's jetted uber lean. Like doesn't go up hills lean.

spectre6000
01-06-2013, 12:28 PM
I need some little jets... Mine is very early in the emissions game, so I don't have cats to feed or anything like that. I don't know how compatible they are yet... Worst case scenario, they'll make great reaming jets for getting someone tuned when we get that carb tuning day arranged.

loudbay
01-06-2013, 12:31 PM
The carb looks to be in great condition and it supposedly passed emissions this way, so it would be a great resource for the 'I have to go get emissioned' parts pool.

Rezarf
01-06-2013, 12:32 PM
I'd be up for the ignition and coil.

euroford
01-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Still on a chairlift but stoked to see we are getting this sorted out!

baja1d
01-06-2013, 05:26 PM
I could really use the rear springs

baja1d
01-06-2013, 05:34 PM
Engine hoist in karma thread

euroford
01-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Wow, a little bigger day out than originally planned, but finally made it back home.

Matt, go ahead and ring me up and lets see whats going on.

No biggy on the wheels, i'll need something eventually compatible with the axles, but some basic steelies are preferable anyways as i'm going to add some weld on beadlocks.

if nobody else has dibs yet, i'd probably also want the rest of the steering and brake related stuff.

loudbay
01-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Hey Tim, called and PMd you my number. We can attempt the drive tomorrow or whenever really. I think we can avoid trailering it, I'll jump it tomorrow to be sure.
Cheers everyone,
Matt

spectre6000
01-06-2013, 09:15 PM
Are we going to schedule a teardown day? What's the plan for the unused bits? I imagine the frame and some body panels will likely be leftover after a thorough picking... If you have title, the balance might be something the Jim's would be interested in... Maybe not. It might be scrap, but there needs to be a plan for dealing with the leftovers so no one gets stuck with a rusting pile in their driveway that they have to dispose of. A flatbed will likely be a necessity.

loudbay
01-06-2013, 09:35 PM
It's going to eurofords place tomorrow. One of us will post back up with his thoughts on the matter tomorrow. No title, but I'll sign the bill of sale for the scrap yard. I have some shelf room for useful/common parts for the karma thread, I'm sure as a group we can decide what's actually scrap and what to squirrel away for the good of humanity.

SteveH
01-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Anyone claimed the engine yet? If not, does it have decent compression or oil pressure?

euroford
01-07-2013, 11:35 AM
Coolness, I just talked with Matt and we'll be getting it over to my pad later today!

loudbay
01-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Steve, the engine is in great condition still. I tooled around for a while in the thing before we parked it and it was an old-man once/twice a week commuter before that. I don't know the mileage off the top of my head, but the general maintenance history was pretty thorough. I'm so excited to see this coming together/coming apart.

I talked to Tim a little while ago. Once we get it over there. We'll pose for a few pics to get all the creative juices flowing.

I have a few boxes of parts at the house I'll be sure to bring over before the cannabalism starts. I'm sure there's more little bits and what not we can all sort through and trash or save accordingly.

Cheers,
Matt

Anyone claimed the engine yet? If not, does it have decent compression or oil pressure?

Air Randy
01-07-2013, 06:05 PM
I dont know what the market is like for 60 frames, but 2 years ago I parted out a 40 where the frame was pretty decent. On a whim I posted it up for sale on MUD with a title. I sold it in less than 1 day to a guy in eastern Canada who needed a frame for his 40. He covered the cost of preparing it for shipment, shipping, customs, etc and I think I got $300 out of the deal for the frame itself. So it might be worth something versus just dumping it at the scrapyard.

euroford
01-07-2013, 06:48 PM
well guys, the victim has arrived, surely it knows the vultures are circling!

http://i47.tinypic.com/if29dy.jpg

baja1d
01-07-2013, 07:58 PM
When is the day of days?

euroford
01-07-2013, 08:10 PM
When is the day of days?

I think Matt and I were going to start messing with it tomorrow afternoon, but overall i'm pretty darn flexible, i work from home, and my wife is working on her MBA so she's happy if i stay out of her hair :D

whats everybody up too on saturday?

spectre6000
01-07-2013, 08:57 PM
I too work from home, but my company is very nearly to the launch of our inaugural product, and that requires a lot of my time when it requires my time. I'll hopefully have a better idea of what those demands are after tomorrow. Also, getting my truck running, inspected, and ready for DD duty takes precedent (we've been a one car household since my wife rolled my 4Runner back in October). Whenever there is action taking place, I'll do my best to participate.

loudbay
01-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Poor girl...

She ran good and shifted fine today. I have no new concerns about anyone being dissapointed with parts requested thus far. I'm excited for the parts I'm getting to use, I hope you guys are too! I'm especially excited to see Tim play Dr. Frankenstein with his Jeep and these axles. Getting back in the wrenching spirit! :beer:

Cheers,
Matt

loudbay
01-07-2013, 11:22 PM
Hey baja1d, are you just using springs for mockup, then moving on to new/lift springs? If so, I may swap this spring pack out and give you the ones on my driver... I'm not sure if it was my imagination, or the nicer seat, but I liked the way they felt today.

Cheers,
M.

spectre6000
01-08-2013, 10:10 AM
Does it have power steering? If so, I'd like to get my hands on the steering box, frame mount, pump bracket, and pump.

euroford
01-08-2013, 10:42 AM
Does it have power steering? If so, I'd like to get my hands on the steering box, frame mount, pump bracket, and pump.

I think i'm going to try and swap the whole stock steering system over with my proj, but i have to say there is a really good chance that this won't work and then its yours!

InsanityIsBorn
01-08-2013, 12:34 PM
I am in dire need of a new(or good condition used) alternator as mine is fried and this is my only DD. If no one has claimed it or needs it, is it still available? If so, what is the soonest I could get it, and for how much? (Would an alternator from a 2f work with a 3fe?)

Also if no one has claimed the full set of doors, might I jump in line? How much for those? Condition?

-IIB-

spectre6000
01-08-2013, 04:46 PM
I'm good for a Saturday teardown day if that hasn't already been floated. I might have a day between now and then while I'm waiting for my last few parts to arrive to get myself running if there are any plans rolling. What's the location exactly?

loudbay
01-08-2013, 07:03 PM
Do the research on the alternator, then PM Euroford. If it will work for you, I'm sure Tim would be happy to let you come get it. It's free for you! I'm just trying to get the project gone and get some good karma coming OUR way. Not just me, but to everyone in the club. As for the doors, you're welcome to them too, no crazy rust, but the paint and what not is rough. I was going to install all the glass on my rig, but honestly it may not be worth the trouble...

I am in dire need of a new(or good condition used) alternator as mine is fried and this is my only DD. If no one has claimed it or needs it, is it still available? If so, what is the soonest I could get it, and for how much? (Would an alternator from a 2f work with a 3fe?)

Also if no one has claimed the full set of doors, might I jump in line? How much for those? Condition?

-IIB-

loudbay
01-08-2013, 07:11 PM
I just came from Tim's and we were hoping for a Saturday turnout as well... Neither of us have a hoist, so we were hoping to get a commitment from the big 2: Spectre6000 and SteveH. Again neither of us have a hoist. Tim's shop is compressor equipped :bowdown: and I bet with 10 hands on the thing, it will go quick. I'll bring my little brother along to help out too.

Today, we pulled shocks, most of the interior, some other small bits. I think Tim is pulling the driveshafts tomorrow, and I'm going to try and make it back over for the exhaust, and to loosen the rest of the suspension in an attempt for this to go quickly.

Soooooo.... Specter, SteveH? What's your thoughts on Saturday? Does one of you have a hoist? You other guys, we'd love to have you there to lend a hand, and be sure you get what you want. I'm going for the first dumpster run that day, so far the dumpster pile consists of the rear seat, the door seals, interior trim bits, etc.

Cheers,
Matt

Euro is looking for axles, wheels and driveshafts, steering and brakes, pedal bucket.
Baja1d: rear springs, I mentioned I may keep them, but we'll make sure you get a pair.
Loudbay: keeping tires some interior panels, radio, passenger headlight/surround, front seat, glass, shackles, maybe springs, and probably some other odds n ends. Just whatever parts are nicer than what's on my driver.
SteveH: 2f (I think)

spectre6000
01-08-2013, 07:20 PM
I only have an engine stand (the aircooled stuff drops down instead of lifting out and is light enough to just wheel around on jacks and dollies or even carry if necessary), and it's 1,000 miles away. I do have a good sized floor jack and maybe a dolly or two (they may all be with my engine stand) though, and I'll definitely be there Saturday provided a time and a place.

Any tools needed? I think my electric impact is here somewhere...

Uncle Ben
01-08-2013, 07:21 PM
By "hoist" do you mean "floor jack?"

euroford
01-08-2013, 08:44 PM
By hoist he was talking an engine hoist.

Lets say 10am Saturday, right here:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Evans+Circle,+Louisville,+CO&hl=en&ll=39.991379,-105.138597&spn=0.004714,0.005246&sll=39.944658,-105.070377&sspn=0.013342,0.020986&oq=evans+circle,+lo&t=h&hnear=Evans+Cir,+Louisville,+Boulder,+Colorado+80027&z=18

Brick ranch house, with a red fj60 in the driveway.

As for tools, bring what you can and what you think you'll need. Otherwise most likely i'll have it! (though i'll admit i've been working on mostly imperial stuff lately, so i'm finding some size gaps in my metric collection and probably should rectify that asap).

arrrg... da interwebs are saying its going to be in the 20's on sat. hopefully thats not true, but if it is maybe we'll move some stuff around and get it into the garage, but we'll have to keep it a roller and get it back out when we are done.

My wife is pretty rad, but also insistant that she gets half of the garage. :D

Uncle Ben
01-08-2013, 08:58 PM
Ahhhhh...silly me. You're welcome to use mine if you would like.

euroford
01-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Ahhhhh...silly me. You're welcome to use mine if you would like.

Thanks man!

baja1d
01-08-2013, 10:06 PM
Hey baja1d, are you just using springs for mockup, then moving on to new/lift springs? If so, I may swap this spring pack out and give you the ones on my driver... I'm not sure if it was my imagination, or the nicer seat, but I liked the way they felt today.

Cheers,
M.

Just found out today that I will not need them after all. I do have a hoist you guys can use but someone will have to pick it up- I have training all day Saturday. 72o-987-42o2

loudbay
01-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Alright! Sounds like something is coming together. I need new gloves if its going to be 20... Yikes.

Thanks naja, I think uncle Ben is local. I ran into him here inLouisville last year, let's go with his. Thank you though. If you change your mind about those springs, let us know.

Cheers, Matt

InsanityIsBorn
01-09-2013, 12:39 AM
Do the research on the alternator, then PM Euroford. If it will work for you, I'm sure Tim would be happy to let you come get it. It's free for you! I'm just trying to get the project gone and get some good karma coming OUR way. Not just me, but to everyone in the club. As for the doors, you're welcome to them too, no crazy rust, but the paint and what not is rough. I was going to install all the glass on my rig, but honestly it may not be worth the trouble...

I have not heard anything about it, but I believe i have found something that should work for me. I am going to see if I can show up on Saturday to help out with everything. If I do I will snag the doors sans glass, as I am planning on turning them into a nice set of half-doors. This is all assuming I have a running vehicle by then as I do not think my bicycle will be very helpful in this >_<

RedCreeper
01-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Any body claim the gas tank on this yet? I have someone looking. thanks.

Kenny

RedCreeper
01-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Have a hoist but no way to transport it.

euroford
01-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Don't worry about it dude, Kevin is within walking distance, so it will be easiest to use his.

I'm pretty sure the gas tank is still up for grabs, so i guess you got dibs!

productive couple of hours for me today, rear axle is now only connected by the springs, front is 3/4 of the way there, ebrake and clutch/brake cylinders are layin in my shop. i'm whooped! starting to find my mojo wrenching on this thang though.

bummers: all the shocks are shot, western got dibs on those. fittings on the brake hard lines were not going anywhere so i took the clippers to them (doubt anybody wanted those!) and i'm glad it didn't get driven much because all of the rubbers lines were shot and leaking like crazy!

SteveH
01-09-2013, 09:51 PM
I should be able to be there with a hoist to snag the 2F out of the engine bay. If a hoist is there or readily available, that would be easier, but I can certainly toss mine in. Let me know.

loudbay
01-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Any body claim the gas tank on this yet? I have someone looking. thanks.

Kenny

Has your someone had the recall done? Boulder Toyota put a brand new one in my 60, and added more fuel than I went in with... You're welcome to this one, but...

Cheers,
Matt

loudbay
01-09-2013, 10:09 PM
I should be able to be there with a hoist to snag the 2F out of the engine bay. If a hoist is there or readily available, that would be easier, but I can certainly toss mine in. Let me know.

Hoist is just around the corner Steve!

loudbay
01-09-2013, 10:15 PM
Someone should bring beer. I can bring a coffee pot. Space heater? Tim, should you and I get it into the garage tomorrow or Friday before any snow? I'll give you a call while I'm working.

Cheers! m.

Uncle Ben
01-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Hoist is just around the corner Steve!

I'll roll it over tomorrow.

RedCreeper
01-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Has your someone had the recall done? Boulder Toyota put a brand new one in my 60, and added more fuel than I went in with... You're welcome to this one, but...

Cheers,
Matt

I will ask. Not sure. Just told him about this and he was interested. Tks for the info.

If he still needs it how is this whole thing working? Just show up saturday with some dirty clothes and get my elbows dirty?

RedCreeper
01-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Is it in good shape?

euroford
01-09-2013, 11:07 PM
I'll roll it over tomorrow.

Sweet, i'll be around all day, and likely obviously working in the afternoon.

Is it in good shape?

Looks pretty solid to me!

Someone should bring beer. I can bring a coffee pot. Space heater? Tim, should you and I get it into the garage tomorrow or Friday before any snow? I'll give you a call while I'm working.

All great idea's, though i'd rather leave it out until Saturday morning, then roll it in if necessary. I have a lot of recent metalwork on the jeep that i haven't painted yet and would like to avoid getting it snowed on if possible. also with my wife gone during that time period, the FJ can enjoy taking up the whole place.

loudbay
01-10-2013, 12:23 AM
I would never imply your CJ needed to get snowed on for my comfort!!! That thing is pretty small, we can all fit and get along, I'm sure of it!

SteveH
01-10-2013, 07:54 AM
A on-site hoist would be sweet - also good for trannys and axles if there are few folks to lift those items.

euroford
01-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Awesome, UB just rolled the hoist over, thanks buddy!!

RedCreeper
01-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Turns out my buddy already had the tank done so looks like i will grab it. what time does this start and how is this working? cost? You may have posted but need to know where im going also. thanks.

Uncle Ben
01-10-2013, 12:50 PM
Awesome, UB just rolled the hoist over, thanks buddy!!

That's what that noise was...I thought you started up the Jeep (Spanish) to go on a joy ride.... :p:

euroford
01-10-2013, 12:58 PM
Turns out my buddy already had the tank done so looks like i will grab it. what time does this start and how is this working? cost? You may have posted but need to know where im going also. thanks.

back on page 4!

RedCreeper
01-10-2013, 03:58 PM
thanks

loudbay
01-10-2013, 07:57 PM
Bring a six pack, we can all share that too!

loudbay
01-10-2013, 07:59 PM
My wife teaches a class til 930 Saturday. I'll be ready just after that. What time you thinking Tim?

InsanityIsBorn
01-11-2013, 12:12 AM
As of now my axle rebuild is going slower than I though (Running low on time issue) so my truck might not be ready to take me anywhere (DD sigh) to come help on Saturday. If someone is coming through from south of Littleton, or nearby and could snag the doors for me, I can pay in homebrewed beer, and/or other beer that you might enjoy. Let me know

euroford
01-11-2013, 08:31 AM
What time you thinking Tim?

Round 10am ish I spose. Or whenever peeps show up to get cranking really! Weather report has changed a bit... looks like "winter storm gandolf" will not be dumping snow in lville and we should have sunny skies, making for a much nicer working environment.

i'm stoked about the hills getting some pow... but i still find this whole naming of winter storms thing a little weird. its like the news has to sensationalize EVERYTHING. end rant... anyways.

so i think i'm getting pretty close on my current objectiveness with this and reaching a stopping point. obviously i don't want to fully pull the axles yet, nor the steering in case we want to move it around.

specter: you got dibs on the trans and tcase, do you also want the clutch slave? if you want it its yours, but if not i it would work really well for my application.

just for grins i'll have to show ya'll my current Micky mouse clutch setup. haha!

:beer:

loudbay
01-11-2013, 02:29 PM
Tim, I'll be there at 10! I think even just you and me and the hoist can get this to a point of no return/destruction tomorrow.

Cheers, m.

spectre6000
01-11-2013, 02:33 PM
I intend to be there as close to 10 as possible. I'm bringing a collection of tools. Will there be a large floor jack? I have one, I've pulled it out, and I can bring it tomorrow, but it's big and heavy and I'd rather not schlep it down the mountain and back up again if it's not going to be used...

euroford
01-11-2013, 02:52 PM
If you brought it, it could be handy, but i reckon we could do without if its too much trouble.

spectre6000
01-11-2013, 02:58 PM
I see it being very useful for removing the running gear from the tranny/transfer out. I don't know where the project stands at this point, but I do know from experience that a team of people wrenching (with a bit of organization/direction) can easily take a car completely down in under a day if so inclined. I haven't worked with this group before, so I'm not sure what to expect in those terms.

euroford
01-11-2013, 03:35 PM
I'm going to guess we'll make some pretty killer progress! My only downside as a wrencher as not being very familiar with yota's, but i've had a couple of days to get to know my way around it.

Also, my teenage son Preston will be around to provide labor and get some learning experience. He's a sharp dude so nobody hesitate to make sure he's kept with his hands full!

RedCreeper
01-11-2013, 08:44 PM
i will be there around 11. have to do someting at 10.

loudbay
01-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Bringing my jack, old and crummy, but full size floor jack. Also bringing the garage coffee pot. Bring your thermos! I'll try to remember the jack stands I have too.

loudbay
01-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Has a Panasonic CD player I want to get out, anyone have stereo key-thingies they can bring that I can try?

SteveH
01-12-2013, 07:40 AM
I should be there at 10, traffic and weather notwithstanding.

euroford
01-12-2013, 09:02 AM
awesome, its two degrees outside! so yeah, first off we'll play a round of non-functional vehicle shove around and get this thing in the garage.

loudbay
01-12-2013, 10:10 AM
For the radio, I'm just going to pull the dash, seems easy enough. Going to bring a box for instrument cluster, heater controls dash parts, etc. then I'll rip the doors off, and finish that piece of front carpet. Im not going to worry about the glass, I'm not enough of a sadist to justify reinstalling it just for a tint job. Hopefully Tim will help me with my dream mongrel after his CJ is wrapped and the tint won't matter anyway. That should get us to motor tranny transfer, and pulling any useable stuff out of the engine bay. Then a plan for scrap...

My brother is using my 60 right now and lost the gas cap, so I gotta remember that too.

Tim, any additional steps I'm not thinking of? Steering? Fuel tank? What else?

spectre6000
01-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Glass is easy peasy. If you want it, I'll help you install it.

loudbay
01-12-2013, 10:19 AM
I appreciate that spectre. I do want it, the tint job is new and it may be a year (or never ) before I get around to my dreamin big project. We can wait til a warm get together for install too.

euroford
01-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Tim, any additional steps I'm not thinking of? Steering? Fuel tank? What else?

yup n yup, but most everything will be pretty easy after get the engine/drivetrain out.

btw: in case anybody gets lost or turned around or whatnot, i'm three one two 909 8006.

(yes chicago area code, company phone, i don't complain)

loudbay
01-12-2013, 10:33 AM
I'm going to save the exhaust too, mine is stinky and I just think its a bad exhaust job, this one still looked pretty nice. If I don't use it, someone will.

loudbay
01-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Putting my makeup on, the wife should be back soon...

loudbay
01-12-2013, 10:47 AM
Floor jack, jack stands, chiltons manual (jic), coffee pot, coffee, will stop for some half/half, my woefully inadequate junk yard tool bucket, gloves...

Anything you've run into that you don't have Tim?

loudbay
01-12-2013, 11:03 AM
I'm rolling out, see you soon....

euroford
01-12-2013, 05:11 PM
pretty productive day today!!

http://i49.tinypic.com/2dskf0m.jpg

spectre6000
01-12-2013, 06:21 PM
A few more from various points for good measure.
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/spectre6000/photocopy4-1_zpse7f87310.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/spectre6000/photocopy-1_zpsdd0a5a27.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/spectre6000/photo-6_zps29d8f5a0.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/spectre6000/photocopy3-1_zpsfddd0ee4.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/spectre6000/photocopy2-1_zpsa44c5942.jpg

euroford
01-13-2013, 09:43 AM
Yup, other than being froooozen that was tons of fun, really nice to meet everybody, and though i don't know that we need to get together to do exactly 'this' anytime soon, we'll have to find some other excuse.

sooooo... LOTS of random FJ60 bits available, and most of it is more than likely to go to the landfill/recycler pretty quick. if you want somethin, or think you -might- want somethin, i'm call me up if i was you.

loudbay
01-13-2013, 09:50 AM
I STILL have some toe and finger tingling going on! :confused:

SteveH
01-14-2013, 08:36 AM
Yes - Monday AM, and my pinkie finger is still buzzing. Great to meet all you folks and get to pull my first engine at less than 20F. Thanks to Matt for the parts and Tim for allowing us to do unholy destruction to the cleanliness of his driveway.

loudbay
01-18-2013, 12:27 PM
We're loading up the 60 body for scrap TODAY! Call me at 303-549-7429 if you have any last minute requests. I'll be in the shop with Tim, so posting here may get overlooked!

Cheers,
Matt

gr8fulabe
01-18-2013, 01:20 PM
Would you guys be willing to cut out the rear drivers quarter panel for me? I was t goi g to ask about it since I figured someone would take the body, but I'd it is going to scrap...

SteveH
01-18-2013, 01:23 PM
I think that particular panel was 'bondo city' - not a pretty thing worth saving.

gr8fulabe
01-18-2013, 01:36 PM
Bummer. Oh well, I've got way bigger issues to tackle first anyway. Thanks for clarifying.

Best
Abe

baja1d
01-18-2013, 05:49 PM
Anybody attending the "Snow Run" that lives up by Tim or Matt? They pulled the hood stand for me today and I was wondering if someone can bring it with them next week?

loudbay
01-19-2013, 09:00 AM
I think that particular panel was 'bondo city' - not a pretty thing worth saving.

Yup bondo city... I'm going to list up all the stuff we thought was worth saving later this weekend. We got it up on the trailer and pulled those axles, and no one died in the process. Good day.:beer:

euroford
01-19-2013, 09:37 AM
yup, getting those axles out was a fine bit of redneck engineering. UB's hoist turned out to be invaluable once again!

http://i50.tinypic.com/2zdytyg.jpg

loudbay
01-19-2013, 09:43 AM
"How much is left on that cutting wheel?"

RedCreeper
01-21-2013, 08:51 PM
not much

loudbay
01-23-2013, 08:44 PM
Here's the box of what's left:

Coolant reservoir
Stereo surround including cubby & switches
Gauge cluster
Rear view mirror
Side mirrors
Door latches
Ignition coil
Overhead light w a few feet of wiring
Radiator and steel shroud
Headlight bezels with turn signal lenses

I think that's about it...

Thanks for everyone's help on this anti-project, especially Euroford for sacrificing his driveway for the last couple weeks. Don't forget to help out someone if they need it, or even if they don't!

Cheers,
Matt