PDA

View Full Version : Snow Tubing suggestions

Fishy
01-05-2013, 09:58 PM
We are planning a snow tubing day in Winter Park for the kids. Ages 6, 4 and 4. Has anyone been to the Colorado Adventure Park at Winter Park Mountain? Or Fraser Tubing Hill?

art hog
01-05-2013, 10:58 PM
Snow Mountain Ranch has one too. It's run by the YMCA. it is in Tabernash.

corsair23
01-07-2013, 10:20 PM
We used to go to the Fraser Tubing Hill years ago (like 30 years ago...LOL) and it was a blast. Not sure how it has changed though. One thing I remember is getting to the top involved sitting in your tube, grabbing a bar as it passed overhead, and then wrapping your legs up over the cable and trying to hold on. Needless to say, there was chaos down the line when someone ahead of you let go and came flying down the tow line :hill:

That and once you got to the bottom of the hill you wanted to get out of the way quickly! Saw a lot of people get taken out at the bottom of the hill.

If things haven't changed much I'm not sure I'd take a 6-year old and 2 4-year olds there...

Fishy
01-07-2013, 11:01 PM
We used to go to the Fraser Tubing Hill years ago (like 30 years ago...LOL) and it was a blast. Not sure how it has changed though. One thing I remember is getting to the top involved sitting in your tube, grabbing a bar as it passed overhead, and then wrapping your legs up over the cable and trying to hold on. Needless to say, there was chaos down the line when someone ahead of you let go and came flying down the tow line :hill:

That and once you got to the bottom of the hill you wanted to get out of the way quickly! Saw a lot of people get taken out at the bottom of the hill.

If things haven't changed much I'm not sure I'd take a 6-year old and 2 4-year olds there...

Thanks, that's good to know. I'll look into it before we go. What little info I could find online makes it look like they attatch your tube to a tow cable. I'm gonna give them a call. I'd rather not have my 4yo twins get mowed down at the bottom of the hill!

JadeRunner
01-07-2013, 11:14 PM
I just got back from there today. My dad has a condo in WP. We were sledding with the kids in center of town off of main street at eh main town park. They have free sleds there and it fun for the smaller kids and free.

The new sledding deal at the ski area looks like a giant luge type thing. Like a small version of the summer luge. We went to the Frazer sledding area that Jeff was talking about last year. There are two pay sledding areas side by side now. We went to the newer one with the big carpet track that takes you up. It was fun but it will cost you.