PDA

View Full Version : 2 meter portable

Air Randy
01-09-2013, 03:55 PM
I have a Yaesu VX-150 that I bought new 3 years ago, it has very little use on it. It has a NiCad battery with rapid desk charger, leather swivel case, lapel microphone and I think I have a cable somewhere that you wire into your vehicle so it charges while you drive. Asking $120

The VX-150 is an ultra compact FM hand-held providing up to five watts of RF power anda wealth of convenient features for the 2m amateur band. The VX-150 has rubber gasketseals around all external controls and connectors to help keep out dust and rain or spray,assuring years of reliable operation even in harsh environments.

Sixteen multi-function keys provide the ultimate in programmability, with 199 freely tun-able memories and two VFOs. All memories store repeater shifts or separate tx/rx frequen-cies, CTCSS (Continuous Tone Controlled Squelch System) or DCS status. You also getone instant-recall "Home" channel memory and ten special purpose memories for limitedsubband tuning/scanning.

Busy channel band or selective memory scanning is providedalong with priority channel monitoring; 1 MHz up/down stepping; ARS (automatic re-peater shift) when tuned to repeater subbands; plus a top panel rotary dial for memory andfrequency selection. The keypad serves as a DTMF encoder during transmission, and up to9 DTMF memories can store 16 digits each for quick playback of commonly used num-bers.The liquid crystal display shows seven frequency digits, memory selection, CTCSS tonefrequency, and includes a bargraph S/PO meter. Yaesu's power saver system can be set bythe operator for optimum sampling/standby ratio, or can be turned off for packet operation.And our new APO (Automatic Power Off) system shuts off the transceiver to avoid deadbatteries if you doze off or are called away unexpectedly.Operation under difficult conditions is simplified by a lamp button illuminating the displayand backlit translucent keypad, diatonically assigned function-dependent keypad beeps

DaveInDenver
01-09-2013, 04:32 PM
The radio that replaced this is the VX-250, which is now even at the super good price with the current $15 Yaesu rebate ends up around $125 and that's without all the extra stuff. Good deal people.

I was thinking about getting a second HT and this is very tempting.

Inukshuk
01-09-2013, 04:46 PM
I have been looking lately. I'll take it!

CardinalFJ60
01-09-2013, 05:06 PM
those are great radios! in fact, although I have a fancy schmancy 6r and now an 8gr (thanks Santa!), I do love the simplicity of my ft-250.

timmbuck2
01-10-2013, 09:16 AM
2nd in line if Daniel has to change his mind :)

Inukshuk
01-10-2013, 10:01 AM
2nd in line if Daniel has to change his mind :)

You can borrow it anytime! :thumb: