PDA

View Full Version : FJ60 Power Steering Gearbox Rebuilt

rover67
01-19-2013, 01:41 PM
Freshly Rebuilt Power Steering Gearbox.

Fits an 85 FJ60. They came with a few different bolt patterns which are easy to tell apart by just looking. One had offset bolt holes, the other didn't. take a look at the pictures to make sure it is what you need. This one has offset holes.

I got it for $200 + shipping from cruiser outfitters then rebuilt it with all new teflon rings and seals ($40 in parts + labor). It looked really nice inside, no real wear at all. I no longer need it as I already have another spare.

How does $200 sound?

I need to get it gone. It just sits around.

Pickup at my place in Boulder (near 30th and Baseline)

-Marco

gr8fulabe
01-20-2013, 01:38 PM
Any idea if this is the same as my 89 fh62?
Thanks
Abe

nattybumppo
01-20-2013, 02:31 PM
The fj62 use the off-set holes like this one. But it looks like yours is different...maybe diesel or something? Hey, what's the deal on that new icon. Do you have your paki-style tops up and running?

rover67
01-20-2013, 03:31 PM
not sure Abe, you are welcome to grab it and check it out though. Just lemme know. I can leave it somewhere where it's easy for you to swing by and get it, if it doesn't fit no big deal.

gr8fulabe
01-21-2013, 11:46 AM
The fj62 use the off-set holes like this one. But it looks like yours is different...maybe diesel or something? Hey, what's the deal on that new icon. Do you have your paki-style tops up and running?

Hey Sascha,
It is an FJ62, that was a phone typo yesterday, so hopefully maybe this one will work for me! Almost up & runnin on the tops. My first PO (only hardware at the moment, OEM frames & doors, etc...), hits the port of Long Beach today actually. Large box from Pakistan means it will go through Xray most likely, but I hope to have it in hand by the end of January! Continuing development on the soft tops. The first two I got were pretty good & I think could be sold as-is without too much issue. But I figure you only get one chance at a first impression, so we are working on some details to make them as good as possible (you all know the, "locally sourced" issues that can come with Pakistani tops, so we are working to make all potential issue points (zippers, hardward & such) US sourced ( or Japan in the case of YKK zippers, etc...). But I hope to have a finished goods PO in place very soon, and a goal of being able to have them in stock before Cruise Moab. With luck maybe I can sign up to be a vendor for vendor night & get lots of eyes on the produts.
Best,
Abe

gr8fulabe
01-21-2013, 11:48 AM
not sure Abe, you are welcome to grab it and check it out though. Just lemme know. I can leave it somewhere where it's easy for you to swing by and get it, if it doesn't fit no big deal.

Thanks Marco, that sounds great. Are there differences between the internals on various years, or is it only the bolt patterns that changed? Any idea? If it works for my truck, I'll take it, as I'm told mine has a lot of play & needs a rebuild or replacement.

Thanks,
Abe