PDA

View Full Version : All is said and done.....

Man Jerk
08-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Hey all,

I've been lurking and posting occasionally here for a while. My name is Mark and I've got an FJ60 that I seem to have a problem putting dents in ;)

Anyway, why should you care???

I think I have alluded to this before, but I am moving out into your neck of the woods. Not your woods necessarily but down in the springs. We spent last week in town looking for jobs and housing. Met up with a couple of guys from the CLC for a few beers one night.

Signed a lease on a place that is about 1 block from the garden of the gods
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/MarkDJ/Garden%20of%20the%20gods%20house/goghouse016.jpg

here's my view from the bedroom window :thumb:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/MarkDJ/Garden%20of%20the%20gods%20house/goghouse031small.jpg

My wife Christy god a confirmed job offer today :cheers: , which is pretty much her dream job. I did a little dance after she called and gave me the news today. I'm anticipating a call back in the next couple of days from an interview I did. So every thing is coming together.

Moving day is September 9th.

Just for a little background, I lived in the springs until I was 14. Lived in Minnesota since. My wife has never lived outside Minneapolis, and could not be more excited to move out there.

:blah:

wesintl
08-08-2006, 04:27 PM
Congrats, I know the feeling. :cheers:

We'll be looking for you on some late season runs and Cruise Moab. :thumb:

Hulk
08-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Nice view out your window! Welcome back to Colorado.

nuclearlemon
08-08-2006, 11:38 PM
you coming to the rally? ;)

gcmandrake
08-09-2006, 12:01 PM
From the photo, it looks like your place is right next to where I ride my MTB through GoG to Red Rocks Park. Welcome to Colorado!

the Other Matt

Man Jerk
08-09-2006, 03:25 PM
you coming to the rally? ;)

Nope. Just not the right timing. We originally planned on moving in June, but stuff happened, so I won't be back out there until September 9th. :(

Rzeppa
08-09-2006, 04:43 PM
Hi Mark, welcome to Colorado!

Man Jerk
09-06-2006, 05:15 PM
3 days...

Be there on Saturday night. :blah:

wish me luck!

corsair23
09-07-2006, 12:29 AM
Welcome back to the land where you don't have to plug your vehicle in when you go shopping in the winter...LOL

wesintl
09-07-2006, 10:49 AM
As long as you're not shopping in gunnison or alamosa your fine. Even plugged in my **** wouldn't start in gunni. Gunnison is the 2nd coldest place in the lowet 48 behind international falls.

Be safe on the trip out Mark. Hopefully we'll see you soon. :)

Chris
09-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Just for a little background, I lived in the springs until I was 14. Lived in Minnesota since. My wife has never lived outside Minneapolis, and could not be more excited to move out there.

Welcome Back to CO Mark. My wife & I lived in Minneapolis for 25 years before moving here about 4 years ago. If your experience is anything like ours you both will never consider going back.

Man Jerk
09-12-2006, 08:39 AM
Welcome Back to CO Mark. My wife & I lived in Minneapolis for 25 years before moving here about 4 years ago. If your experience is anything like ours you both will never consider going back.

Where aboot did you live.

We are all settled in. Working on unpacking.

The drive really sucked big time. I rented a Penske 22' International diesel and it was a really nice truck. Put the wagon on a tow dolly behind it and had reservations about the tow dolly, but it did just fine. It poured rain the entire time we were in Nebraska. Took way too long, but that's in the past now.

I tell ya, I grew up seeing the mountains every day as a kid. Being here again now, I tell myself that I will never take them for granted again.

Good to be back!

Rezarf
09-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Welcome,

I am in the springs all the time if you want to take a quick senic drive up Rampart sometime let me know, it is a great little fire road with great views.

Drew

Chris
09-12-2006, 02:08 PM
Hey Mark, sorry the drive was bad but look on the bright side, you won't have to do it again. ;)

We lived in St. Paul (Rice Street close to the capital) then fridley, Northeast Mpls (Nordeast) and finally New Brighton to raise the kids. It was nice raising the kids there but now that they're grown no reason to even go back for a visit.

Where did you settle here? I seem to recall Aurora but too lazy to read back posts.

You mention not taking the mountains for granted - it constantly amazes me that so many people do. :eek:

Having the midwest background that's not about to happen to us. Mountains - damn! Should've moved here long ago!

:blah: :blah: :blah:

Where aboot did you live.

We are all settled in. Working on unpacking.

The drive really sucked big time. I rented a Penske 22' International diesel and it was a really nice truck. Put the wagon on a tow dolly behind it and had reservations about the tow dolly, but it did just fine. It poured rain the entire time we were in Nebraska. Took way too long, but that's in the past now.

I tell ya, I grew up seeing the mountains every day as a kid. Being here again now, I tell myself that I will never take them for granted again.

Good to be back!

Man Jerk
09-12-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm down in Co springs.