PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Pulled...Literally

Air Randy
01-23-2013, 04:59 PM
As Al Pacino said in Scarface "Say Hello to my little friend" :D

I just picked it up today, its a Colt M4 carbine with 2-30 rounds magazines. It's chambered for 22 LR so its not a "real" assault weapon by any stretch, just a high quality lookalike wannabe that shoots cheap ammo for plinking and small game. Crappy photo and the kitchen table cloth doesnt make for a great background :D

A friend owned it and was freaking out thinking he was going to end up owning an illegal firearm that he could never sell. Why would I want to argue with his reasoning? So I picked it up for a real good price :D

Amazingly, its almost impossible to find 22LR ammo. Every where you go it is sold out and no one knows when they will get more, I guess the hoarders are going nuts thinking its not going to be available in the future. So I called in a favor from a friend at Wally World and I now have 2000 rounds. That should satisfy my target shooting urges until things return to normal for ammo sales. :thumb:

PabloCruise
01-23-2013, 05:19 PM
Long live the Second Amendment!

rover67
01-23-2013, 05:25 PM
cool, those can be fun in 22LR.

I can't find 223 or 7.62 anywhere. kinda sucks.

Can't go shoot those i guess.

baileyfj40
01-23-2013, 06:30 PM
I have its big brother! Hehe! AR-15!

theboomboom
01-23-2013, 06:36 PM
That'll be a fun one, way to score! :thumb:

Red_Chili
01-24-2013, 07:10 AM
The paranoia creates its own problem. In 08 I couldn't find primers or BST bullets to save my skin... when I finally did I, too, hoarded. I'm set now. So I guess I am part of the problem but I didn't pay too much.

The paranoids haven't figured out they are being played by those making a quick buck.

Corbet
01-24-2013, 08:05 AM
I went to the local Las Vegas gun show over the past weekend while visiting my uncle. The paranoia is stupid. AR's were going for 2500-3000. Ammo was sold out an hour after the show opened. Same BS as last time we had this scare.

That should be a fun plinker Randy. But 2000 rounds may not last as long as you think.

SteveH
01-24-2013, 08:30 AM
That should be a lot of fun to shoot...

It's chambered for 22 LR so its not a "real" assault weapon by any stretch

Just wait until Congress gets done with their 'definition'... afterall, it's black, isn't it? ;-)

Bighead
01-24-2013, 08:50 AM
That should be a lot of fun to shoot...

It's chambered for 22 LR so its not a "real" assault weapon by any stretch

Just wait until Congress gets done with their 'definition'... afterall, it's black, isn't it? ;-)

And it has a pistol grip...

Uncle Ben
01-24-2013, 08:56 AM
That's a really fun plinker Randy! Great score! I was shocked when I heard 22LR was unobtainable a few weeks ago. I usually buy ammo by the case so I haven't bought 22lr in years. Marco, I'll sell you 223 by the box....how about $50 per 20 rnds? :lmao::lmao: Oh....BTW I see that it has something on the muzzle....that must be a "silencer." :rolleyes::lmao::lmao:

euroford
01-24-2013, 09:14 AM
score! the paranoia is astounding... i've been wanting to buy another handgun for awhile but i figure there is probably no point in even bothering to shop right now. i figure after all this blows over i'll be able to score something cheap.

DaveInDenver
01-24-2013, 11:49 AM
Neat. That looks like the dedicated Walther-made one. It's IMHO quite a bit nicer than the M&P15-22.