PDA

View Full Version : Outlaws Run 2013 October 6-12

bh4rnnr
01-26-2013, 02:53 PM
It's back to the wonderful state of Wyoming for this years run. A west to east run this year. From Montpelier Id to Hole in the Wall. Lots of great country.

Places of interest for this years run:

Montpelier, Id.
Grand Canyon of the Snake River
Jackson, Wyo
Grays River
Green River Lakes
Mosquito Lakes
Union Pass
The Open Door
Hot Springs at Thermopolis
Torreys Lake
Sink Hole ST Park
Atlantic City
Hole in the Wall.

Lots of othe great stuff to check out this year. Got a big list of places to check out from a friend in Wyoming. Still need to finalize the weeks agenda, but it's shapping into a awesome run.

Plan is to Start in Montpelier, Id and make our way to Hole-in-the-Wall, in the Big Horn Mountains. Looking at the meeting spot for the trip. Bear Lake is looking like a great place to meet up:cool:.

Started a new thread so there wouldnt be any confusion about dates:blah:.

:beer::beer:

Corbet
01-27-2013, 10:12 PM
Looks like a great trip. I can't make those dates :mad: Maybe next year.

Woodsman
01-28-2013, 08:20 AM
Perry, at this point, these dates look good for me.

Please put me down for it. :cheers:

Old40Dog
01-28-2013, 08:24 AM
In! :thumb: Trailer has been torn down for paint & some re-work. Looking forward to an other epic trip!

Updated trailer pic.

CardinalFJ60
01-28-2013, 08:41 AM
..as in "in like". :thumb::thumb::D

MDH33
01-28-2013, 09:00 AM
Looks good for me too Perry. Hall pass applied for. :thumb:

How difficult is the route? Might drive the open diff Hilux on 31's. (RTT and better gas mileage ;) )

bgoodheart
01-28-2013, 09:21 AM
I'm thinking those dates just might work. Looks like a great trip, Perry.

Inukshuk
01-28-2013, 10:06 AM
Good talking yesterday - great how excited you are 8 months away. Fun to have these things to look forward to. I'll keep everyone updated on the timing of a trip my mom and I are taking. May not be able to swing the entire week this year, but for great reasons.

bh4rnnr
01-28-2013, 09:16 PM
Looks like a great trip. I can't make those dates :mad: Maybe next year.

Bummer Corbet:mad:

Perry, at this point, these dates look good for me.

Please put me down for it. :cheers:

Will do!

In! :thumb: Trailer has been torn down for paint & some re-work. Looking forward to an other epic trip!

This run could very well rival Outlaws 11!!!!!

..as in "in like". :thumb::thumb::D

I'll allow you to tag along only if you get that Jeep lifted.....

Looks good for me too Perry. Hall pass applied for. :thumb:

How difficult is the route? Might drive the open diff Hilux on 31's. (RTT and better gas mileage ;) )

Awesome Martin!!

Dont miss out on this years stop at the Mercantile BLDG at Atlantic City!

Easy route. Hilux would do well.

I'm thinking those dates just might work. Looks like a great trip, Perry.

On the list!

Good talking yesterday - great how excited you are 8 months away. Fun to have these things to look forward to. I'll keep everyone updated on the timing of a trip my mom and I are taking. May not be able to swing the entire week this year, but for great reasons.

Hope you can make it for the full trip Daniel! Good to catch up:). Please keep us updated. Join us in Atlantic City for another fun filled evening?

cruiseroutfit
01-28-2013, 11:47 PM
Inski.

CardinalFJ60
01-29-2013, 01:42 AM
Inski.

:cool::thumb:

perry...consider the jeep lifted. done and done. :D i just need hockey pucks, right?

bh4rnnr
01-29-2013, 07:25 AM
Inski.

:cool:

So the first part of the trip will be a mix of highway and dirt, lots of ground to cover. Planning a night in Jackson Hole. The first part of the trip will also be passing through Grizzly country.

Hulk
01-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Just put it on my calendar. In.

CardinalFJ60
01-29-2013, 08:36 PM
:thumb: I feel as if we have some unfinished business to attend to...."in the name of science".

rover67
01-29-2013, 09:08 PM
s h i t.

I may have to make this happen.

Fishy
01-29-2013, 09:39 PM
s h i t.

I would LOVE to make this trip. Passing through some phenomenal fishing country, and some of my favorite spots. I'd like to keep a 5wt rigged up just in case we stop along one of the many rivers/lakes on this route!

cruiseroutfit
01-29-2013, 11:13 PM
I'm afraid of no bear. I am afraid of science experiments.

Fishy
01-30-2013, 12:08 AM
The first part of the trip will also be passing through Grizzly country.
Man, do I want to get back out there. This trip looks to be ALL TIME! :bowdown:

I'm afraid of no bear. I am afraid of science experiments.

Still makes the hair on my arms stand up. :eek:

bh4rnnr
01-30-2013, 10:33 AM
Man, do I want to get back out there. This trip looks to be ALL TIME! :bowdown:

Still makes the hair on my arms stand up. :eek:

EEKS!

We only saw one grizzly while in Cook city, MT. Think Daniel was lucky enough to get a pick....

VBRoamer
01-30-2013, 03:52 PM
I'm in.

I still remember the great bear discussion in '11 when the guy looking for a cell signal told us about the bear who climbed onto the roadbuilding equipment a mile from where we were planning to camp. The bear then proceeded to watch the workers for several hours. Probably thinking about which one to have for dinner.

CardinalFJ60
01-30-2013, 04:40 PM
I'm in.

I still remember the great bear discussion in '11 when the guy looking for a cell signal told us about the bear who climbed onto the roadbuilding equipment a mile from where we were planning to camp. The bear then proceeded to watch the workers for several hours. Probably thinking about which one to have for dinner.

I swear they were thinking this....

CardinalFJ60
01-30-2013, 04:41 PM
this....

Fishy
01-31-2013, 12:58 AM
EEKS!

We only saw one grizzly while in Cook city, MT. Think Daniel was lucky enough to get a pick....

Those pics were only about 20 flying miles from Cooke City. We drove that 2 track as far as we could, then hiked in to fish a small stream. We bumped into that bear on the way back to the truck. About 30 yards away before we saw each other. We backed away slow and sweet talked her a little. She stood up to get a better sniff/look, and turned and walked away. I pointed the camera, my brother pointed the bear spray. But I'm faster than he is, so I wasn't worried.

Sorry to hijack this awesome trip planning thread Perry, I'm done. Hopefully, I'll be signing on. I planted the seed into my wifes ear this morning on our breakfast date.

bh4rnnr
01-31-2013, 07:26 AM
Those pics were only about 20 flying miles from Cooke City. We drove that 2 track as far as we could, then hiked in to fish a small stream. We bumped into that bear on the way back to the truck. About 30 yards away before we saw each other. We backed away slow and sweet talked her a little. She stood up to get a better sniff/look, and turned and walked away. I pointed the camera, my brother pointed the bear spray. But I'm faster than he is, so I wasn't worried.

Sorry to hijack this awesome trip planning thread Perry, I'm done. Hopefully, I'll be signing on. I planted the seed into my wifes ear this morning on our breakfast date.

No need to be sorry. Think its good to be talking about Grizzly's. Dont think the group was as prepared as we could have been last time we were in Grizzly country.

bh4rnnr
01-31-2013, 07:29 AM
Just put it on my calendar. In.

Sweet. Once an Outlaw, always an Outlaw:D

s h i t.

Be great to have you along:cool:

I would LOVE to make this trip. Passing through some phenomenal fishing country, and some of my favorite spots. I'd like to keep a 5wt rigged up just in case we stop along one of the many rivers/lakes on this route!

Thinking about bringing the ol Fly Rod for that reason, though I may need to do some practice trips before hand up to the family property:blah:

I'm in.

Great, as always, to have you along for the run this year Vince:thumb:

Fishy
01-31-2013, 10:22 AM
No need to be sorry. Think its good to be talking about Grizzly's. Dont think the group was as prepared as we could have been last time we were in Grizzly country.

I was always more concerned about crossing paths with a moose than a bear. Either in a vehicle, or out on foot. Moose can be foul tempered and ready to stomp a mud hole in your a** very quickly. Especially early and late in the season.

Do you have a map made up of your planned route?

smslavin
01-31-2013, 10:29 AM
Now that there are dates, I'm going to try like hell to make this happen. Would love to do this.

bh4rnnr
02-01-2013, 07:35 AM
I was always more concerned about crossing paths with a moose than a bear. Either in a vehicle, or out on foot. Moose can be foul tempered and ready to stomp a mud hole in your a** very quickly. Especially early and late in the season.

Do you have a map made up of your planned route?

Still finalizing everything. Hope to have something this weekend

Now that there are dates, I'm going to try like hell to make this happen. Would love to do this.

Hope you can make the trip:)

Hulk
02-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Sweet. Once an Outlaw, always an Outlaw:D

Hell yeah!

http://rustybrain.com/haha/outlaw.gif

Woodsman
05-13-2013, 10:36 AM
:campfire:

How much longer ?

:thumb:

bh4rnnr
05-14-2013, 07:28 AM
:campfire:

How much longer ?

:thumb:

4months, 23 days:p:.

mozes
05-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Im planning if i can come!!

bh4rnnr
07-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Just bumping for a reminder to fellow Outlaws;).

Also going to close the run since it's getting pretty big. Will update thread this week.

Ready for some Outlaw Country:cool:.

:beer:

MDH33
07-21-2013, 08:22 PM
Just bumping for a reminder to fellow Outlaws;).

Can't wait! :guapo:

Old40Dog
07-22-2013, 03:55 PM
:D Countdown - 78 Days Remaining! :D

CardinalFJ60
07-22-2013, 05:41 PM
love the barbed wire Dave!!! Can't wait. just got the A-ok from the bosses. (both work and Home)

Inukshuk
07-22-2013, 09:22 PM
love the barbed wire Dave!!! Can't wait. just got the A-ok from the bosses. (both work and Home)

Nice! Still working on my overall schedule for the fall. My Outlaws had just got a bit more outlaw. New thread coming up.

jonharis
07-29-2013, 03:05 PM
I'm thinking I would really like to join you on this. If a few people cancel, I'd be interested in filling a slot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MDH33
07-29-2013, 03:59 PM
Plan is to Start in Montpelier, Id and make our way to Hole-in-the-Wall, in the Big Horn Mountains. Looking at the meeting spot for the trip. Bear Lake is looking like a great place to meet up:cool:.

Just looking at some maps and locations on the route. I might take two days to get to Montpelier. Thinking of camping along the way at Dinosaur or Flaming Gorge. That country is too nice to just blast through in a day. ;)

Hulk
07-29-2013, 11:23 PM
I yam still in, Mssr. Capitan.

CardinalFJ60
07-30-2013, 07:56 AM
Bear Lake is looking like a great place to meet up:cool:.

Ummm...is there a "Fluffy Kitten Lake" or a "Puppy Falls" to meet at instead? :D

bh4rnnr
07-31-2013, 07:40 AM
:D Countdown - 78 Days Remaining! :D

Nice Dave:cool:

I'm thinking I would really like to join you on this. If a few people cancel, I'd be interested in filling a slot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Got you on the waiting list.

Just looking at some maps and locations on the route. I might take two days to get to Montpelier. Thinking of camping along the way at Dinosaur or Flaming Gorge. That country is too nice to just blast through in a day. ;)

Could always stop at Diamond Mountian and look for Cassidys hangout;)

I yam still in, Mssr. Capitan.

Ummm...is there a "Fluffy Kitten Lake" or a "Puppy Falls" to meet at instead? :D

Nah, just "Sissy Lake":hill:

cruiseroutfit
08-01-2013, 06:38 AM
Yeah buddy...

Squishy!
08-01-2013, 07:46 AM
Man this looks like an awesome run! I am so going next year.

bh4rnnr
08-21-2013, 08:18 PM
So i'm still finalizing the agenda... Things like: Do we meet up at/camp @ Bear Lake on Saturday then go from there, explore Montpelier etc.

Originally, I planned first nights camp along the Gray River, and check out the Dead Mans Mine. Though fun, a bit out of the way. Thinking now the first night will be in Jsckson. Looks to be a fun pass (RD 31000) coming in from HWY 89.

Green River Lakes along with some hot springs will be the early goodness of the trip.

Would be nice to get a headcount of who's still wanting to make the trip.

Planning on posting the final agenda for the week this weekend.

Old40Dog
08-21-2013, 09:37 PM
So i'm still finalizing the agenda... Things like: Do we meet up at/camp @ Bear Lake on Saturday then go from there, explore Montpelier etc.

Originally, I planned first nights camp along the Gray River, and check out the Dead Mans Mine. Though fun, a bit out of the way. Thinking now the first night will be in Jsckson. Looks to be a fun pass (RD 31000) coming in from HWY 89.

Green River Lakes along with some hot springs will be the early goodness of the trip.

Still in! Vote for Bear Lake meet up...and i'll raise ya :beer::beer:

MDH33
08-21-2013, 09:57 PM

I was thinking the run started on the 6th. If we're meeting in Jackson on Sat. the 5th, that means leaving Friday the 4th for the 10-12 hr drive up there. Need to see if that's possible. 4th thru the 12th is a bunch of time.

bh4rnnr
08-22-2013, 07:34 AM
I was thinking the run started on the 6th. If we're meeting in Jackson on Sat. the 5th, that means leaving Friday the 4th for the 10-12 hr drive up there. Need to see if that's possible. 4th thru the 12th is a bunch of time.

Sorry for the confusion Martin. The thought is to have the starting/meeting point be Bear Lake, and still have it be on Saturday. Think I had the 6th set in my head as Saturday, not Sunday:rolleyes:.

MDH33
08-22-2013, 08:25 AM
Sorry for the confusion Martin. The thought is to have the starting/meeting point be Bear Lake, and still have it be on Saturday. Think I had the 6th set in my head as Saturday, not Sunday:rolley,s:.

Got it. Might drive all day Saturday and get to the meet up spot in the evening then. Anyone want to caravan?

Hulk
08-22-2013, 11:23 AM
I'm still in. Where is Bear Lake?

CardinalFJ60
08-22-2013, 05:23 PM
here. in the SE corner of ID crossing into Utah's Northern border. Near Montpelier, ID.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213083255511816243384.0004e490ae35b60251437&msa=0&ll=41.508577,-105.820312&spn=38.378393,77.783203

And not specifically where that pin is dropped...camp will be somewhere else. :thumb:

Hulk
08-23-2013, 02:00 AM
OK, that looks cool. Not super close to Jackson, though.

bh4rnnr
08-23-2013, 07:35 AM
here. in the SE corner of ID crossing into Utah's Northern border. Near Montpelier, ID.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213083255511816243384.0004e490ae35b60251437&msa=0&ll=41.508577,-105.820312&spn=38.378393,77.783203

That be it:thumb:. Still need to figure out camping for that area, friend from Lander gave me some suggestions. Will figure out this weekend.

And not specifically where that pin is dropped...camp will be somewhere else. :thumb:

OK, that looks cool. Not super close to Jackson, though.

Yeah, not to close. there will be some pavement while in route to Jackson from Montpellier, we do get to pass through the Grand Canyon of the Snake River:cool:. There is a dirt pass road that will take us into Jackson from the Highway.

Old40Dog
08-24-2013, 07:04 AM
Got it. Might drive all day Saturday and get to the meet up spot in the evening then. Anyone want to caravan?

If you wanna stay off the interstates as much as possible I might be interested. Here' s pretty much the route I'm thinking.

MDH33
08-24-2013, 07:46 PM
If you wanna stay off the interstates as much as possible I might be interested. Here' s pretty much the route I'm thinking.

Dave, are you planning to leave Saturday AM? If so, what time do you think you'll land at the meetup spot? I'm all for staying off the interstate. :thumb:

Perry, is the meetup spot Saturday also the camp for that night?

Old40Dog
08-25-2013, 09:40 AM
Dave, are you planning to leave Saturday AM? If so, what time do you think you'll land at the meetup spot? I'm all for staying off the interstate. :thumb:

I believe the intent is for them to be the same. I can be ready to leave as early as 5-6 AM on Saturday. We could be at there in time for :happyhour: with dinner already prepared on the manifold cooker.

bh4rnnr
08-25-2013, 10:31 AM

I believe the intent is for them to be the same. I can be ready to leave as early as 5-6 AM on Saturday. We could be at there in time for :happyhour: with dinner already prepared on the manifold cooker.

Dave is correct Martin, though i'm still searching for a good camp for the night. A friend was mentioning something about camps on the east side of the lake. Worst case we can pick a town close by to meet at then go from there.

Just about have everything finalized for the route. Only questions are Thursday. Will post itinerary. Was thinking about maybe heading out Friday after work in the hopes of meeting up with Grandpa in SLC for breakfast, but thinking I may just caravan out with you guys.

bh4rnnr
09-01-2013, 11:53 AM
I still haven't been able to find a good campsite (other than the established FS ones) around Bear Lake. Thinking it would be best for us to meet at Laketown, Utah then go from there to find camp for the first night. Looks like there's routes along both sides of the lake. Dave and Martin, i'm most likely going to head out with you guys on Saturday.

Also, this is who I have so far for a yes on coming:

Sean Boland
Shawn Cardinal
Daniel Linn
Dave K
Martin Huber
Matt Farr
Kurt Williams
James K (woodsman)
and myself.

Waiting list is:

John Harris. John, Vince isn't able to make the run this year, if your still interested in going I can put you in his spot.

Ready to get out there!

jonharis
09-02-2013, 09:03 PM
I'm in. Really looking forward to this! Looks like an incredible lineup and great route possibilities! Let me know what I can bring to help things out. I have two ReStop personal lavatory systems, the complete system with the tent enclosure. I'm happy to bring one or both and be responsible for setup/teardown on nights where they are required. Are there any active fire bans in WY right now? I could bring a Campfire-in-a-Can as well. And Fireball, Yeah, Fireball.

Again, looking forward to revisiting old friends and making some new ones. :cheers:

Jonathan Harris

bh4rnnr
09-04-2013, 07:40 AM
I'm in. Really looking forward to this! Looks like an incredible lineup and great route possibilities! Let me know what I can bring to help things out. I have two ReStop personal lavatory systems, the complete system with the tent enclosure. I'm happy to bring one or both and be responsible for setup/teardown on nights where they are required. Are there any active fire bans in WY right now? I could bring a Campfire-in-a-Can as well. And Fireball, Yeah, Fireball.

Again, looking forward to revisiting old friends and making some new ones. :cheers:

Jonathan Harris

Will be fun to have you along this year:cheers:.

Thanks for the offers on stuff to bring. Figure we can dive into that as the trip gets closer.

Fishy
09-04-2013, 10:51 AM

Jonathan Harris

We don't have to worry about this group not lining the ReStop bucket before making a deposit. These fellas are a little more seasoned than some of the 100s in the Hills group. Setup/Tear down should be a clean breeze.

The mystery of the Phantom Pooper lives on to this day. :rant:

Old40Dog
09-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Outlaw Run caravan leaving Evergreen taking the "Scenic Route" mostly on US 40 in 30, 29, 28, 27, 26, 25, 24, 23, 22, 21, 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 0 days! :wav: but who's counting...:cool:...Interested in joining us?

Proposed route map in Post #54 (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=19052&page=6).

So far its;
Perry
Martin :(
Dave
Matt
Dan L.
Dan K. :(
Shawn

Hulk
09-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Outlaw Run caravan leaving Evergreen taking the "Scenic Route" mostly on US 40 in 30 days! :wav: and counting...:cool:...down...Interested in joining us?

Proposed route map in Post #54 (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=19052&page=6).

So far its;
Perry
Martin
Dave

I may be in, if I can get my stuff packed up early enough to join you. That's a cool route. Chris Davis and I did back roads all the way to SLC the year we went to Rubithon, and the route was the same until you turn north to head to WY.

CardinalFJ60
09-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Hmmmmm.....I could be convinced...

Outlaw Run caravan leaving Evergreen taking the "Scenic Route" mostly on US 40 in 30 days! :wav: and counting...:cool:...down...Interested in joining us?

So far its;
Perry
Martin
Dave

dan1554
09-06-2013, 11:38 AM
Man, I suck at forums. Looks like I have a lot of reading to do! Looked at the scenic route, and am also interested, so count me in. Cant wait for this. Trying to get my York OBA setup complete before then, but otherwise the truck is in great shape. Just have to throw everything in the back and go.

bh4rnnr
09-09-2013, 05:56 PM
Looking to be a fun group for the caravan. Hope to do some work on the truck this weekend since it'll be free. Was just here this past weekend:D,

Toas next weekend....

Ready for some Outlaws!

bh4rnnr
09-14-2013, 03:45 PM
So here is the basic itinerary for the trip. Still trying to finalize Thursday, but not to worried about that.

------------

Saturday: Arrive at camp, Bear Lake.

Sunday: Depart Bear Lake. Stop at Montpelier Id, site of Wild Bunch Robbery. Highway 89 through Grand Canyon of the Snake River to Jackson. Possible route into Jackson: Fall Creek Road and Pritchard Pass (Need to do more research).

Monday: Head out of Jackson SW via Highway 191. Early lunch at the Open Door road 30500. Leave time to dip in the hot springs. Gas options once out of Jackson: Hoback Junction. Recommend at least two extra Jerry cans. From the open door, back track to 191 and continue SW. Exit on to Forty Road, then North on 352. Stay in 352/Green River Lakes road to Green River Lakes and Camp.

Monday night camp at Green River Lakes.

Tuesday: Back track on Green River Lakes Road to Moose-Gypsum road to 353. Cross river to Rock Creek Road. North on 600/Union Pass Road. Lunch at Mosquito Lakes. Union Pass/ 263, 240 to Highway 287. Depending on time and fuel, head NW on 287 to Brooks Lake, road 515. Highway 287 SW to Dubois.

Tuesday night camp at Torrey Lake, road 411 (trail lake road).

Wednesday: Highway 287 SW to Lander. Louis Lake Road/Sinks Canyon South. Lunch at tower (talk more with K.C about route or have him guide us). Louis Lake Road to South Pass City. Explore Corisa Mine.

Camp at Atlantic City, use camp from 2009 run.

Thursday: Hudson-Atlantic City road 2302 to Highway 287. 287 East to Jeffery City. Explore Jeffery city for a little bit. Ore Road (5) north to Black Camp Road (508). Black Camp Road to Highway 287. 287 West to Shashoni. Highway 20 north to Birdseye Pass (170). Birdseye Pass to Thermopolis. If have time, hot springs in Thermopolis. Buffalo Creek Road (5) Thermopolis. Buffalo Creek to Dry Bridger Road (269). Badwater road (117) to Cedar Gap road (102).

Friday:

Head to Hole in the Wall. Hike Hole in the wall, camp along Buffalo Creek (2009 camp).

Saturday:

Outlaw Cave via Barnum road and Hole in the Wall Ranch. Hike Outlaw Cave.

Home Sunday.

----------

Some thoughts:

Sundays thoughts was to spend the night in Jackson. Thought it would be fun to check out the town. Was going to spend some time looking at hotel rooms etc if this s something wed want to do. Or we can bag the idea all together and camp somewhere else. Totally game.

We will be spending a good amount of time in Bear country. Might be good to spend some more time on this subject during preparation. Who has bear spray/weaponry etc. I'm sure D. Linn and Stan can add some good tips for camping in bear country.

Theres a few other things but cant think of them right now....

Ready for the run!!!

Old40Dog
09-14-2013, 09:25 PM
Lookin' good Perry! :)

I would suggest that there is dispersed camping in the Mosquito Creek area of Fall Creek Road for those that may want to camp before getting into Jackson. Personally, I will feel more like a motel/hotel room about Wednesday. :D But I plan to have the shower onboard again! (Dan will remember Judith Landing 2011)

Perhaps we could meet up at a breakfast place in Jackson Monday morning to save some time?

CardinalFJ60
09-14-2013, 10:05 PM
I'll Post up some repeaters in case the ham geeks want to program a few in for the route.

The 60 feels dialed in. I think I addressed the weird voltage gremlins, added a cool LED light for finding camp at night (not that that ever happens in Outlaws country ;) ) I'm so ready to GET OUT. :thumb:

Perry, Let's hook up this week for a beer. (So Far, monday is out...showing the Subaru to a perspective buyer).

(I have bear spray...x2) :o

Old40Dog
09-14-2013, 10:25 PM
I'd like to join you guys if you can do Tuesday...otherwise I'm out this week and next too.

(So Far, monday is out...showing the Subaru to a perspective buyer).
:o

Yeah, you gotta get rid of that thing! :eek:

I'm bringing some bigger bangs...Springfield 1911 and a Colt Police Special!

bh4rnnr
09-15-2013, 12:13 PM
Lookin' good Perry! :)

I would suggest that there is dispersed camping in the Mosquito Creek area of Fall Creek Road for those that may want to camp before getting into Jackson. Personally, I will feel more like a motel/hotel room about Wednesday. :D But I plan to have the shower onboard again! (Dan will remember Judith Landing 2011)

Perhaps we could meet up at a breakfast place in Jackson Monday morning to save some time?

I'm game for camping if that's what the group wants to do:).

I'll Post up some repeaters in case the ham geeks want to program a few in for the route.

The 60 feels dialed in. I think I addressed the weird voltage gremlins, added a cool LED light for finding camp at night (not that that ever happens in Outlaws country ;) ) I'm so ready to GET OUT. :thumb:

Perry, Let's hook up this week for a beer. (So Far, monday is out...showing the Subaru to a perspective buyer).

I'd like to join you guys if you can do Tuesday...otherwise I'm out this week and next too.

Yeah, you gotta get rid of that thing! :eek:

I'm bringing some bigger bangs...Springfield 1911 and a Colt Police Special!

I'm game for getting together this week. Tuesday would be best for me as well. Will bring maps.

Dave, your making me feel small with my little .22 Ruger.

Old40Dog
09-15-2013, 12:56 PM
I'm game for getting together this week. Tuesday would be best for me as well. Will bring maps.

Just name the :beer: place and :beer: time! Calling all Outlaws! :perry: All are welcome!

Dave, your making me feel small with my little .22 Ruger.

You should probably just sleep close to my rig and id\f necessary plan on firing a warning shot to wake me up! You'll likely only piss off a bear with that little Ruger! :hill:

4runner
09-15-2013, 06:16 PM
Why don't you all add the Outlaw Cave to run.

What day are you guys going to be at Hole in the Wall?

bh4rnnr
09-16-2013, 07:46 AM
Just name the :beer: place and :beer: time! Calling all Outlaws! :perry: All are welcome!

You should probably just sleep close to my rig and id\f necessary plan on firing a warning shot to wake me up! You'll likely only piss off a bear with that little Ruger! :hill:

How does Wynkoop sound? Say 5pm, that way Cardinal can make it....

And Dave, i'll just be the guy that gives the warning shot....

Why don't you all add the Outlaw Cave to run.

What day are you guys going to be at Hole in the Wall?

Outlaw Cave is on the agenda. Hole in the Wall Friday the 12th.

Old40Dog
09-16-2013, 08:07 AM
Outlaw Run caravan leaving Evergreen taking the "Scenic Route" mostly on US 40 in 30, 29, 28, 27, 26, 25, 24, 23, 22, 21, 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3,, 2, 1 0 days! :wav: but who's counting...:cool:...Interested in joining us?

So far its;
Perry
Martin:(
Dave
Matt
Dan L.
Dan K. :(
Shawn

Anybody else?

On the calendar!

Hulk
09-16-2013, 06:09 PM
Ugh, Tuesday is completely out for me -- I have 2 scout meetings. I could probably do Wednesday or Thursday. I could use some planning help, too, since I was only on the run for 2 days last year. I'm going to need to bring more supplies, esp. food.

dan1554
09-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Pretty iffy for me too. I *might* be able to make it, but wouldn't count on it. Excited to see the old gang.

bh4rnnr
09-16-2013, 09:38 PM
Ugh, Tuesday is completely out for me -- I have 2 scout meetings. I could probably do Wednesday or Thursday. I could use some planning help, too, since I was only on the run for 2 days last year. I'm going to need to bring more supplies, esp. food.

Pretty iffy for me too. I *might* be able to make it, but wouldn't count on it. Excited to see the old gang.

How does Wed look? Thursday I got a Dork Squad dinner, then it's off to Toas for the weekend. Could meet up next week to, probably better next week.

Old40Dog
09-16-2013, 10:54 PM
How does Wed look? Thursday I got a Dork Squad dinner, then it's off to Toas for the weekend. Could meet up next week to, probably better next week.

Could do Wednesday. Thursday is CM 2014 Committee Meeting. In Phoenix next week at conference all week.

dan1554
09-16-2013, 11:00 PM
Wed. works! And tomorrow is definitely a no-go for me.

Hulk
09-17-2013, 02:20 AM
Pretty sure I can do Wednesday. 7:00 or 7:30 would be good. Where? South of downtown is better for me, but I can meet wherever.

Old40Dog
09-17-2013, 04:37 PM
So are we Wednesday now? If so, what time?

rover67
09-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Bummer. Turns out I can't make it for this year.
Y'all have fun.

bh4rnnr
09-17-2013, 10:27 PM
Pretty sure I can do Wednesday. 7:00 or 7:30 would be good. Where? South of downtown is better for me, but I can meet wherever.

So are we Wednesday now? If so, what time?

Lets plan on Wynkoop. Seems like it would work best for everybody.... Meet 6:30ish?

Bummer. Turns out I can't make it for this year.
Y'all have fun.

:(:(.

Old40Dog
09-17-2013, 10:29 PM
Lets plan on Wynkoop. Seems like it would work best for everybody.... Meet 6:30ish?

:(:(.

I can make that work.

Hulk
09-18-2013, 12:00 AM

I'll see you there. I may not make it by 6:30 but should be there by 7:00. Is there parking down there? The city is a hassle, man.

bh4rnnr
09-18-2013, 07:34 AM
I'll see you there. I may not make it by 6:30 but should be there by 7:00. Is there parking down there? The city is a hassle, man.

Theres a parking lot at 16th and Wazee. along with one up 18th from Wynkoop, closer to Blake. Don't know how street parking will be.

There is a Rockies game tonight but it's at 6:40, so things should be died down by then...

4runner
09-18-2013, 09:51 PM

And Dave, i'll just be the guy that gives the warning shot....

Outlaw Cave is on the agenda. Hole in the Wall Friday the 12th.

You guys wouldn't mind if I tagged along for Hole in the Wall or Outlaw Cave would ya? Good reason to get out of Sheridan plus I haven't down a trip with you all since Ouray a few years back.

bgoodheart
09-19-2013, 12:55 PM
A few things have conspired against it, and I'm out for this year. Hope you guys have a blast.

Old40Dog
09-19-2013, 03:04 PM
A few things have conspired against it, and I'm out for this year. Hope you guys have a blast.

Dang! :(

bh4rnnr
09-20-2013, 09:46 AM

Bummer man. Maybe next year..

Hulk
09-22-2013, 07:53 PM
Just a quick question: are we primitive camping in really remote areas? Do I need to buy a potty and some wag bags?

Inukshuk
09-23-2013, 12:29 AM
Just a quick question: are we primitive camping in really remote areas? Do I need to buy a potty and some wag bags?

a shovel.

cruiseroutfit
09-23-2013, 12:25 PM
Wednesday: Highway 287 SW to Lander. Louis Lake Road/Sinks Canyon South. Lunch at tower (talk more with K.C about route or have him guide us). Louis Lake Road to South Pass City. Explore Corisa Mine.

Camp at Atlantic City, use camp from 2009 run.

Thursday: Hudson-Atlantic City road 2302 to Highway 287. 287 East to Jeffery City. Explore Jeffery city for a little bit. Ore Road (5) north to Black Camp Road (508). Black Camp Road to Highway 287. 287 West to Shashoni. Highway 20 north to Birdseye Pass (170). Birdseye Pass to Thermopolis. If have time, hot springs in Thermopolis. Buffalo Creek Road (5) Thermopolis. Buffalo Creek to Dry Bridger Road (269). Badwater road (117) to Cedar Gap road (102).

Friday:

Head to Hole in the Wall. Hike Hole in the wall, camp along Buffalo Creek (2009 camp).

Saturday:

Outlaw Cave via Barnum road and Hole in the Wall Ranch. Hike Outlaw Cave.

So I'm likely going to plan to meet you gents sometime on Wednesday in the Lander/South Pass City on Wednesday afternoon/evening. I'd like to see the Corisa Mine so I'll try to be there earlier than later. It is about 4 hours from Sandy to SPC, if I bail at 7AM I can be there around lunch including a fuel stop. I'll stick around through Sunday and head home to SLC from there.

Sound like that will work Perry?

Hulk
09-23-2013, 06:41 PM

a shovel.

So the answer is yes? I should get a porta-potty setup?

CardinalFJ60
09-23-2013, 08:21 PM
typically we'll have a combination of strategically placed camps near pit toilets and primitive locations. I know of two possible sites on this run with them. That said, a shovel usually sufficient on the other days. If you want an excuse to get one...go for it. I made that excuse for Outlaws '11

bh4rnnr
09-23-2013, 08:36 PM

We will be remote, yet close to places to po. So your discretion on wag bags. I think Green River Lakes has facilities. Hole in the Wall does not.

So I'm likely going to plan to meet you gents sometime on Wednesday in the Lander/South Pass City on Wednesday afternoon/evening. I'd like to see the Corisa Mine so I'll try to be there earlier than later. It is about 4 hours from Sandy to SPC, if I bail at 7AM I can be there around lunch including a fuel stop. I'll stick around through Sunday and head home to SLC from there.

Sound like that will work Perry?

Sounds great Kurt. Plan to join you for South Pass.

cruiseroutfit
09-24-2013, 12:09 AM
Have you spoken with anyone at South Pass City re: mine tours or tours of the city?

"The Final Carissa Mill Tour of the 2013 Season will be September 28th - Call for reservations - 307-332-3684"

Might be worth calling to see if they can arrange a special group tour otherwise it's looking like it will be locked up. Might bump my schedule a bit.

Inukshuk
09-24-2013, 12:27 AM
So the answer is yes? I should get a porta-potty setup?

A shovel and some TP. Maybe a lighter to burn the TP. Per BLM and FS regs, its called a "cat hole", should be 6-8" deep and 100' from water. Perfectly legal. Hard to read the morning paper though. :hill:

Woodsman
09-24-2013, 07:06 AM
A shovel and some TP. Maybe a lighter to burn the TP. Per BLM and FS regs, its called a "cat hole", should be 6-8" deep and 100' from water. Perfectly legal. Hard to read the morning paper though. :hill:

A couple of pages back, Jon Harris mentioned having a complete lavatory setup he could bring along if folks bring their own bags. I don't think anyone commented back on whether he should bring it but I wouldn't complain.

I will be bringing my PETT toilet either way, in case its needed. :thumb:

bh4rnnr
09-24-2013, 07:40 AM
Have you spoken with anyone at South Pass City re: mine tours or tours of the city?

"The Final Carissa Mill Tour of the 2013 Season will be September 28th - Call for reservations - 307-332-3684"

Might be worth calling to see if they can arrange a special group tour otherwise it's looking like it will be locked up. Might bump my schedule a bit.

Will call this week and see if we can get something set up.

You should try and join us for the drive into AC from Lander. Trying to get K.C. to be our guide.

Old40Dog
09-24-2013, 09:28 AM

Jonathan Harris

Jonathan, One ReStop sounds like a great idea for several of the camps. Don't expect any fire bans. See ya soon!

bh4rnnr
09-25-2013, 07:46 AM
Will call this week and see if we can get something set up.

You should try and join us for the drive into AC from Lander. Trying to get K.C. to be our guide.

Looks like they will be closing for the season for some repair work. Contractor starts work on the 2nd of October. Bummer.

jonharis
09-29-2013, 12:52 PM
Getting excited. I plan to leave GJ on Saturday to meet up with you guys at or en route to Bear Lake. I need to study the route a bit to see where a good meeting spot would be. I'll have the enclosed lavatory setup that James Mentioned and can set up when needed. The girls are in the middle of potty training so it's good for them to have. If you aren't into S?!$!?g in the woods anyone is welcome to use it as well.

Lots on the list this week. I need to repack wheel bearings and replace rotors. I also think I have a sticking rear piston. Not sure if I should replace the caliper or try to rebuild.

CardinalFJ60
09-30-2013, 11:33 AM
This should probably move to an Outlaws email thread but wanted to get us thinking about it.Perry or Dave ...did you guys get the final Outlaw list with emails?

Thinking about food, water and other things. Nak had posted up in the past about not needing 10 stoves, 10 lanterns, 25 chairs, etc. smart.

Breakfasts: typically a combination of group breakfasts where we all contribute something (eggs, bacon/sausage, burrito makings, pancakes, hash browns, etc) and fend for yourself breakfasts in case we need to break camp and hit the trail (cereal, oatmeal, etc).

Lunches - typically on your own, sandwiches, snacks, manifold meals, etc.

Dinners - in the past we've had good luck with impromptu groups meals but not mandatory by any means. "hey, I've got pasta...anyone got sausage or something to add??". with a larger group maybe we should verrrrry loosely structure this. Meat night? pasta night? quesadilla night? Burger night? everyone's favorite...."Weiner Night".

Also to think about is the other group gear...Tables? lanterns/lighting? stoves? pots/pans? awnings?

again...probably best to move this to the group email.

Who's Excited!!!!!!?????:thumb::thumb:

dan1554
09-30-2013, 05:00 PM
Its going to be a loooong week. (from http://bearlakeutah.org/)

http://bearlakeutah.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/slider11.jpg

CardinalFJ60
09-30-2013, 05:38 PM
I pulled some repeater info from the interwebs...I found conflicting information on the tones. I've added the options below. If someone has the ARRL repeater book or maybe knows of a more reliable place to verify, go for it and update as needed. I just couldn't find a definite answer.

Listed as Freq (PL tone)

Wyoming

Rock Springs
146.610 (100 or 107.2?)
146.670 (151.4 or 100 or none?)
146.940 (100 or none?)
444.500 (123)
444.700 (100)

Green River, WY
146.805 (none)

Kemmerer
147.090 (none)
147.390 (100 or none?)
449.825 (none)

Alpine
146.610 (123)

Jackson
146.730 (123)
447.700 (123)

Thermopolis
449.675 (none)

Bear Lake/Cokeville
147.120 (123)**Bear lake ID down for maint**
147.300 (100) (cokeville) open

bh4rnnr
09-30-2013, 08:41 PM
This should probably move to an Outlaws email thread but wanted to get us thinking about it.Perry or Dave ...did you guys get the final Outlaw list with emails?

Thinking about food, water and other things. Nak had posted up in the past about not needing 10 stoves, 10 lanterns, 25 chairs, etc. smart.

Breakfasts: typically a combination of group breakfasts where we all contribute something (eggs, bacon/sausage, burrito makings, pancakes, hash browns, etc) and fend for yourself breakfasts in case we need to break camp and hit the trail (cereal, oatmeal, etc).

Lunches - typically on your own, sandwiches, snacks, manifold meals, etc.

Dinners - in the past we've had good luck with impromptu groups meals but not mandatory by any means. "hey, I've got pasta...anyone got sausage or something to add??". with a larger group maybe we should verrrrry loosely structure this. Meat night? pasta night? quesadilla night? Burger night? everyone's favorite...."Weiner Night".

Also to think about is the other group gear...Tables? lanterns/lighting? stoves? pots/pans? awnings?

again...probably best to move this to the group email.

Who's Excited!!!!!!?????:thumb::thumb:

Good thoughts, thanks for putting this out there. Feel asleep watching the Broncos last night.

Communal meals have been a fun addition to the trip. Maybe plan on one main cores for the week that you bring? Everybody else chip in?

Its going to be a loooong week. (from http://bearlakeutah.org/)

http://bearlakeutah.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/slider11.jpg

Dang. :cool:

Also to note:

Just got a heads up that Lander was supposed to get 8" of snow last week. Might be best to pack for cold weather. Lets hope for an Indian summer....

Old40Dog
10-01-2013, 07:23 AM
I pulled some repeater info from the interwebs...I found conflicting information on the tones. I've added the options below. If someone has the ARRL repeater book or maybe knows of a more reliable place to verify, go for it and update as needed. I just couldn't find a definite answer.

Listed as Freq (PL tone)

Wyoming

Rock Springs
146.610 (100 or 107.2?)
146.940 (100 or none?)
444.500 (123)
444.700 (100)

Green River, WY
146.805 (none)

Kemmerer
147.090 (none)
147.390 (100 or none?)
449.825 (none)

Alpine
146.610 (123)

Jackson
146.730 (123)
447.700 (123)

Thermopolis
449.675 (none)

Bear Lake/Cokeville
147.120 (123)**Bear lake ID down for maint**

I added these to a Call Sign :yagi: list that I'll have printed for everyone on the run.

Good thoughts, thanks for putting this out there. Feel asleep watching the Broncos last night. :clap:

Communal meals have been a fun addition to the trip. Maybe plan on one main cores for the week that you bring? Everybody else chip in?

Shawn, were you only drinking beer :beer2: at Wynkoop? But yes, an email to everyone would be a great idea. I've got Posole. :D

Just got a heads up that Lander was supposed to get 8" of snow last week. Might be best to pack for cold weather. Lets hope for an Indian summer....

:camping:Taking the -30 bag just in case. :campfire: Likely to see snow especially in NW Wyoming this time of year.

CardinalFJ60
10-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Shawn, were you only drinking beer :beer2: at Wynkoop? But yes, an email to everyone would be a great idea. I've got Posole. :D

Hah, I can neither confirm nor deny that. ;) MMMMM....I love that Posole!!! Bring it on!

bh4rnnr
10-01-2013, 08:31 PM
Hah, I can neither confirm nor deny that. ;) MMMMM....I love that Posole!!! Bring it on!

I think you were drinking....:beer:

Got maps from Markofsky. Thanks buddy!! Gonna miss ya!

For meeting up at Bear Lake, lets plan on Laketown, Ut. Set time? James K has ham but no lic.

Old40Dog
10-01-2013, 10:11 PM
I think you were drinking....:beer:

Really? He must have been the only one...then...

Got maps from Markofsky. Thanks buddy!! Gonna miss ya!

We're all gonna miss him. :(

For meeting up at Bear Lake, lets plan on Laketown, Ut. Set time? James K has ham but no lic.

If we actually leave El Rancho around 7 AM, we should be to Laketown around 5 PM.

I put James on the Ham Call Sign List as "NěNE" :D

Inukshuk
10-02-2013, 12:09 AM
We're all gonna miss him. :(

jonharis
10-02-2013, 12:36 AM

Likewise. Wish you could be there.

So I think i'm going to take139/40/191 to Bear Lake on Saturday. Looks like 6:50 trip and avoids SLC and 15. Is anyone else passing through GJ? It would be cool to caravan from their or Rangely or Dinosaur. Is an exact camping spot determined? In lieu of recent weather I will be packing the Big Buddy and extra propane. Floor space in the Adrenalin can be bought.......everything is for sale.

Map (https://www.google.com/maps/preview#!data=!1m4!1m3!1d2666209!2d-109.8981731!3d40.7921633!4m23!3m22!1m5!1sGrand+Junction%2C+CO!2s0x8746d6e322e77057%3A0xcc63f451cebf7c56!3m2!3d39.0638705!4d-108.5506486!1m5!1sBear+Lake!2s0x875410d7d78ba287%3A0x727136c52a59bb2a!3m2!3d42.0299239!4d-111.3321974!3m8!1m3!1d85423!2d-108.5698355!3d39.085692!3m2!1i1366!2i662!4f13.1!4i1&fid=0)

Old40Dog
10-02-2013, 07:26 AM
Likewise. Wish you could be there.

So I think i'm going to take139/40/191 to Bear Lake on Saturday. Looks like 6:50 trip and avoids SLC and 15. Is anyone else passing through GJ? It would be cool to caravan from their or Rangely or Dinosaur. Is an exact camping spot determined? In lieu of recent weather I will be packing the Big Buddy and extra propane. Floor space in the Adrenalin can be bought.......everything is for sale.

Map (https://www.google.com/maps/preview#!data=!1m4!1m3!1d2666209!2d-109.8981731!3d40.7921633!4m23!3m22!1m5!1sGrand+Junction%2C+CO!2s0x8746d6e322e77057%3A0xcc63f451cebf7c56!3m2!3d39.0638705!4d-108.5506486!1m5!1sBear+Lake!2s0x875410d7d78ba287%3A0x727136c52a59bb2a!3m2!3d42.0299239!4d-111.3321974!3m8!1m3!1d85423!2d-108.5698355!3d39.085692!3m2!1i1366!2i662!4f13.1!4i1&fid=0)

The Denver caravan should be coming thru Vernal, UT (40 & 191) around 1 pm'ish.

dan1554
10-02-2013, 10:20 AM
If we actually leave El Rancho around 7 AM, we should be to Laketown around 5 PM.

Is this where the Denver folks are meeting to caravan? I'm assuming its your place, Dave. I haven't been there before, can I get an address?

bh4rnnr
10-02-2013, 09:31 PM
Another 8" tonight in Lander. Looks to be overcast next week. Winter gear and :beer: should do the trick. Union Pass could be interesting. Might need a plan B.

Old40Dog
10-03-2013, 09:10 AM
Another 8" tonight in Lander. Looks to be overcast next week. Winter gear and :beer: should do the trick. Union Pass could be interesting. Might need a plan B.

It gonna be quite "Fall like"! Here's Laketown,UT & Jackson WY forecasts.

CardinalFJ60
10-03-2013, 03:56 PM
sooo....firewood that's out there to be scavenged might be a tad wet from the snow. something to think about.

the weather reports I've seen look similar - 50's in the day and sunny. 30's at night. :D:thumb:

Old40Dog
10-04-2013, 02:03 AM
Is this where the Denver folks are meeting to caravan? I'm assuming its your place, Dave. I haven't been there before, can I get an address?

Meet up is at the McDonald's @ El Rancho at 6:30 AM. From Denver, take I-70 West to exit 252, Evergreen Parkway, Left at 1st traffic light, McDonald's on ur Left.

sooo....firewood that's out there to be scavenged might be a tad wet from the snow. something to think about.

the weather reports I've seen look similar - 50's in the day and sunny. 30's at night. :D:thumb:

Some dry wood for at least the first 2 days would likely be a good idea. Let's each try to bring a few pieces each and we should be good. We can probably burn :campfire: some of the local stuff once we git'r goin'.

bh4rnnr
10-04-2013, 07:38 AM
Will be there.

CardinalFJ60
10-04-2013, 10:07 AM

Listed as Freq (PL tone)

Wyoming

Rock Springs
146.610 (100 or 107.2?)
146.940 (100 or none?)
444.500 (123)
444.700 (100)

Green River, WY
146.805 (none)

Kemmerer
147.090 (none)
147.390 (100 or none?)
449.825 (none)

Alpine
146.610 (123)

Jackson
146.730 (123)
447.700 (123)

Thermopolis
449.675 (none)

Bear Lake/Cokeville
147.120 (123 or 100?)**Bear lake ID down for maint**

Laketown, UT (south side of Bear lake)
147.020 (100)
449.700 (100)

Another Bear Lake:
147.380 (100)

jonharis
10-04-2013, 10:32 AM
I'll load my camper up with as much wood as I can carry. If I'm motivated I'll toss some on the roof rack. We are gonna need a lot of it I feel.

Welcome to winter folks. It even snowed in Grand Junction last night.

Woodsman
10-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Since I was unable to leave yesterday (or this morning) it looks like I'll have to plan on meeting up with everyone Sunday morning . . . possibly in Montpelier, Idaho.

Too many "to do" items that absolutely had to get done.

CardinalFJ60
10-04-2013, 11:47 AM
It's kinda fun meeting on the road and syncing up...I love it. grab the repeater infor for montpelier and monitor 146.460, we'll get together for sure. :thumb:

CardinalFJ60
10-04-2013, 11:48 AM
I'll load my camper up with as much wood as I can carry. If I'm motivated I'll toss some on the roof rack. We are gonna need a lot of it I feel.

Welcome to winter folks. It even snowed in Grand Junction last night.

yep..snowed all morning here in Lafayette. not sticking much. I've got like 3 storebought bundles packed up now.

jonharis
10-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Getting a super late start. Just leavin GJ. 7-8 hours to bear lake. Can someone post or PM me the camp location?

cruiseroutfit
10-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Jon, did you get a contact info email? I'll be looking for you gents on Wednesday evening in the Atlantic City area. Monitoring 146.620?

jonharis
10-05-2013, 02:50 PM
I got it a while back from Dave and sent my info back.

cruiseroutfit
10-05-2013, 03:18 PM
I got it a while back from Dave and sent my info back.

Dave sent me an email for contact info but never one with everyone's. If possible, please forward and I'll see you Wednesday night in AC. If plans get super wild and you guys are nowhere near South Pass or AC on Wednesday, please LMK.

jonharis
10-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Edit: got turned around due to family situation that needed to be addressed. Not sure if I'll make it up mid week or not now. Enjoy guys.

cruiseroutfit
10-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Good times! Everyone make it home safe?

CardinalFJ60
10-14-2013, 09:40 AM
great trip, great fun, great people. thanks for making it out there, Kurt. Going through pics and will post in the trip report that I think Perry will start.

Woodsman
10-15-2013, 01:49 AM
I just got home.

bh4rnnr
10-15-2013, 07:37 AM
great trip, great fun, great people. thanks for making it out there, Kurt. Going through pics and will post in the trip report that I think Perry will start.

Will start once finished going through pics.

A teaser for now.

CardinalFJ60
10-15-2013, 09:02 AM
the anticipation is killing me!

CardinalFJ60
10-15-2013, 09:24 AM
I just got home.

Glad to hear you're back. I was watching the weather, did you hit those nasty storms I saw on the news?

It was great to raise havoc with ya' last week. :thumb:

Woodsman
10-15-2013, 06:22 PM
Glad to hear you're back. I was watching the weather, did you hit those nasty storms I saw on the news?

It was great to raise havoc with ya' last week. :thumb:

There was some nasty stuff rolling across Nebraska as I made my way through. It got interesting a couple of times so I stopped for the night . . . and took a shower. :perry:

I made a FB post as I was cruising through Iowa and fellow Cruiserhead Art Shramm of DesMoines saw it and invited me to stop by. He works at the headquarters of Kum and Go, a company that operates a few hundred fuel stations so that made for a photo op with their sign (lol I do not make this up).

Thanks again to everyone that made this a great week. Good people, great :camping:, awesome country. I will do my best to make it again next year.

cruiseroutfit
10-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Excited to see an official trip report and your pics. I put up a brief trip report and some of my favorite pics on ExpeditionUtah: http://www.expeditionutah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3562