PDA

View Full Version : Snow (?) pizza run 2013

Kenon698
01-26-2013, 09:05 PM
Thanks Scott for another great run. A bunch of great people. I hope someone will post some pictures. I forgot the camera again.

Dirt Claude
01-26-2013, 09:16 PM
Jake and I had a great time today, the pizza was good too. Thanks for putting this together Scott!

loudbay
01-26-2013, 10:39 PM
I'm hoping for those pics too!

Inukshuk
01-26-2013, 11:07 PM
The group at pizza

Inukshuk
01-26-2013, 11:17 PM
There was some snow.

Inukshuk
01-26-2013, 11:26 PM
some rocks
Jayna loves snow
flipping a big boulder with a front axle.

Inukshuk
01-26-2013, 11:30 PM
My tow loop tie down loop failed sending the shackle rocketing into the center of UB's spare (a perfect spot really) with velocity to deform and bash off his license plate, bend the bracket and make a divot in the rim. It could have ended really badly. Its clear that my loop had cracked most of the way through earlier. I think they are fine tow points, just needing to be part of preventative maintenance. They get smacked on rocks a lot.

Edit: I took the photos down because I want to do some more research on them and not hijack an otherwise all-fun run thread! I'll start a new thread later.

baja1d
01-27-2013, 06:46 AM
It was fun.... May have to do another run in the next month or two when there's a little more snow. Or we could hit the St. Vrain Trail!!! :eek:

loudbay
01-27-2013, 08:16 AM
Looks like you guys had a great time! That tow hook failure is pretty scary... Lets call those tie down loops from now on.
Cheers,
Matt

Old40Dog
01-27-2013, 09:15 AM
Thanks Scott! :thumb: We had a great day with great friends! :beer:

Rzeppa
01-27-2013, 11:01 AM
Looks like not much snow at the lunch spot, but plenty in other places. Linda and I enjoyed catching up with you guys for the pizza.

I got my new rear bumper parts all lined up last night to start tacking them together today. After the main parts are tacked together, then they get finish welded and then I will start on the swing out stuff and latch and all that. Add another 4 days or so to paint and I am realistically at least 2 weeks away from having a 60 with a finished rear bumper.

subzali
01-27-2013, 11:24 AM
Uncle Ben painted his hood?! :eek:

FJCDan
01-27-2013, 11:29 AM
Fun run again Scott. The boys and I had a great time. I have some pic's, but will have to post later. Gotta run and suck a flood up. Thanks again Dan

Dmitry
01-27-2013, 12:04 PM
Great photos, Daniel!

bh4rnnr
01-27-2013, 12:34 PM
Looks like a fun time. Great pics Daniel.

JadeRunner
01-28-2013, 08:54 AM
Ah. Took some time away from the computer. That was nice.

The snow run was fun. About 23 rigs and 35 for pizza. Yankee Hill did manage to offer some challenging snow up high despite the lack of anything fresh. Kevin took his small group down the north side from the middle playground and found some challenge. They manage to go all the way down and circle back up to the middle parking lot.

Going up around the Yankee Hill at the top was fun. Then coming down Yankee Hill I didn't have enough speed, sunk in and had to have Kevin winch me down and through. Rudy was right behind me and did the same thing as well as others (it was nice seeing Rudy again). BJ made it through fine. Got some sledding in at the glacier area. Then took OMG Hill down into Idaho Springs and made it for pizza around 4pm.

We will certainly have to get back up after the next good snow. I miss the fresh stuff.

Here is Randy finding a little challenge that took him some work to get through. We are all able to blast through it after him.

nakman
01-28-2013, 09:39 AM
.. Lets call those tie down loops from now on.

Agreed, wow. I've always been an advocate of those things for recovery, but this has definitely opened my eyes. Something to give a closer look to during future tech inspections, etc. for sure.

And nice pics! Looks like a great run. Sorry I missed this one, we didn't win the Pinewood Derby either. :o

Inukshuk
01-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Agreed, wow. I've always been an advocate of those things for recovery, but this has definitely opened my eyes. Something to give a closer look to during future tech inspections, etc. for sure.

Fixed. New thread on this is pending. :blah:

leiniesred
01-28-2013, 01:16 PM
Scott: Thank you for lining up this classic run. It was fun to be able to drive around with less snow. Different stuff to see up there without snow masking everything.

Here are a few pictures of Treeroot coming down Yankee Hill with the right amount of momentum.

TonkaToy
01-28-2013, 04:29 PM
It was a very fun day. Thanks to everyone that came out to make it so! Bummer that the old 40 wasn't up to playing but we enjoyed riding with Rudy in his Jeep. My kid (Dillon) is a Jheep guy so he is still giving me crap about it!
As soon as I get the parts I ordered in for the brakes, I will fix my little 'fuel tank' issue and be ready for another snow run!

FJCDan
01-28-2013, 08:09 PM
OK now that the power is back on I can get some pictures up.

Steve being pulled down YH. Most of winching was everyone being pulled down YH.
Group shot having lunch.
Hundy being pulled down YH.
Treeroot bashing down YH.
UB down YH.
Meanie over by the glacier.

Rudy, Hey that was great breaking all the trail for the YH loop. There was some straping going on there.

Great Run Scott.:bowdown::bowdown::thumb:

FJCDan
01-28-2013, 08:16 PM
Now for the poser shots.

MTSN
01-29-2013, 08:49 AM
It was greating meeting all you guys, and my passengers and I had a blast! I appreciated the help getting unstuck from the snow that was a little deep for my low rider :D

Unfortunately I didn't snap any pics, but my friend who was in the backseat took a couple with her phone. I really the FJ in distance through the windshield. I'm looking forward to the next meeting and run!

AxleIke
01-29-2013, 11:41 AM
Wow! Great run! Looks like a blast!

Who has the white 4runner? What size are those tires?

Cheers!

Dirt Claude
01-29-2013, 12:25 PM
That would be me, 255/85/16 BFG KM2s. Love them

FJBRADY
01-29-2013, 09:06 PM
I missed a good time. Have not missed this run since joining the club, always fun.

Good news: day 2 of antibiotic script after my flu turned into bronchitis, now that's what I call fun. :)

JadeRunner
01-29-2013, 09:39 PM
We missed you there Brady. As well as many others. We will have to get back up there soon.

Fishy
01-29-2013, 11:20 PM
We missed you there Brady. As well as many others. We will have to get back up there soon.

Sorry I missed this one too. Looks like fun. It was only 40 days ago that we went up there. I can't believe how little snow is left from that storm!

Snowed yesterday and today.....;) Just in case you plan another.

RockRunner
01-30-2013, 12:37 PM
I missed a good time. Have not missed this run since joining the club, always fun.

Good news: day 2 of antibiotic script after my flu turned into bronchitis, now that's what I call fun. :)

Looks like you and I were in the same boat sort of. Sick too but did not have a truck to run anyway. Could have brought the Dodge Like Randy and would have been fine I guess.

Looks like everybody had fun as usual no matter the snow, good job Scott:thumb:

JadeRunner
01-31-2013, 08:08 AM
Too bad Tom. You have been a regular on the snow runs for quite a few years. Glad you didn't sell your Runner and triing to get it trail ready again.