PDA

View Full Version : Weekend after the meeting wheeling trip

Uncle Ben
02-07-2013, 12:14 PM
As a kicker to Nakmans awesome enthusiasm about putting fun back into meetings and the club last night I would like to see another trend reappear. Back when Mike Aaron and I created the Event Coordinator position we made sure the weekend after the meeting there was always a simple local run. This was always moderately attended but made a great subject of conversation in the newsletters/forum. I am willing to lead some of those runs again but this weekend is not one of them. Scott mentioned at the SPR that he wanted to head back to Yankee when there was some snow. This will probably be a great opportunity weekend for just that. Who's in and who can break trail? What say ye Wheelers of the Sun? :)

bgoodheart
02-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Saturday? We might be up for another trip up there.

Hulk
02-07-2013, 05:32 PM
Monthly club run on the Saturday after the first Wednesday -- I like it.

Squishy!
02-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Awesome! I'd be down if I had a snow worthy rig :( I really like that idea though. It's a nice boost to those who've just joined and would be great way to keep people regularly involved.

AxleIke
02-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Hmmm, maybe next month.

I'll be hanging doors this weekend.

Uncle Ben
02-07-2013, 08:33 PM
It looks like I can lead the one next month.

nakman
02-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Awesome!!! Unfortunately I'm still a clunk away from a wheelin' truck... :o I've got Saturday afternoon reserved for some much needed garage time, then Sunday is the :Princess:'s birthday and I'm cookin' dinner..

But I love the spirit of this, hopefully a few can get out this weekend and I've got a better schedule in March! :thumb:

bh4rnnr
02-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Cool to see this excitment.

I tried to keep it going when I was Event Coordinator. Hard to get comitments. Folks are busy. Understandable. Hope to make some runs once I get the 4runner back to a 100%.

Old40Dog
02-19-2013, 09:53 PM
Post it on the Forum....They will come...if they can...:hill:

nattybumppo
02-23-2013, 02:49 PM
Great idea UB! Thanks for the suggestion.

J Kimmel
02-23-2013, 03:09 PM
wish I could go!!!!

in the summer :)

Uncle Ben
02-23-2013, 05:33 PM
I am thinking of simple. Another trip up Yankee Hill with the recent snow should be entertaining! Watch for details......

Kenon698
02-23-2013, 10:38 PM
I would love that. If I am in town I will be there.

JadeRunner
02-23-2013, 10:40 PM
I like the idea of a run the weekend or soon after the meeting. I'm in Manhattan for the weekend and flying back in tomorrow. I hear we are getting snow . So perhaps a mid week run.

Fishy
02-24-2013, 07:39 AM
I hear we are getting snow . So perhaps a mid week run.

Now you're talking!

FJBRADY
02-24-2013, 07:44 AM
I like the idea of a run the weekend or soon after the meeting. I'm in Manhattan for the weekend and flying back in tomorrow. I hear we are getting snow . So perhaps a mid week run.

I could swing mid week this week. :)

Fishy
02-24-2013, 04:10 PM
I am thinking of simple. Another trip up Yankee Hill with the recent snow should be entertaining! Watch for details......

I like the idea of a run the weekend or soon after the meeting. I hear we are getting snow . So perhaps a mid week run.

I could swing mid week this week. :)

Do I smell a Wednesday Snow Run cooking? ;)

JadeRunner
02-25-2013, 09:05 PM
I wont be able to go this week. Plus, It's "early release" for the kids on Wed. so I'm out.

Uncle Ben
02-26-2013, 03:19 AM
I wont be able to go this week. Plus, It's "early release" for the kids on Wed. so I'm out.

So does that mean this tread is back on track or is someone else stepping up to lead?

FJBRADY
02-26-2013, 08:25 AM
The stars have aligned, who is in?

Fishy?
UB?....what were you doing up at 3:19am?
Ken Davidson?
Cmon Davis play hooky, I know you want to.

9:30 at the cementary and promptly leave at 9:35.

Fishy
02-26-2013, 09:40 AM
The stars have aligned, who is in?

Fishy?
UB?....what were you doing up at 3:19am?
Ken Davidson?
Cmon Davis play hooky, I know you want to.

9:30 at the cementary and promptly leave at 9:35.

For some reason, I woke up at 5am this morning on my day off...... And thought "huh, UB gets up really early"

Working out the details......I'll know by noon.
Should I post something in the "Staging Area"?

FJBRADY
02-26-2013, 09:42 AM
For some reason, I woke up at 5am this morning on my day off...... And thought "huh, UB gets up really early"

Working out the details......I'll know by noon.
Should I post something in the "Staging Area"?

Yes post it up.

Uncle Ben
03-02-2013, 08:04 AM
Meet at the cemetery at 09:30. Run what ya brung. Hope for deep drifted snow!

Uncle Ben
03-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Looks like I doing solo! Bring it awn! I fear no drift before its time! :D

FJBRADY
03-02-2013, 04:26 PM
I am fity fity at this point.
Weekday works best for me.

Uncle Ben
03-02-2013, 04:33 PM
I am fity fity at this point.
Weekday works best for me.

Normally weekday"s would be mo betta for me too. My weekday's have not been long enough lately! :(

Kenon698
03-02-2013, 05:03 PM
3-9-13
9:30 I am in.:thumb:

nuclearlemon
03-02-2013, 07:15 PM
we're in for a short day...dinner reservations downtown that evening

cool breeze
03-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Would like to attend if my driveshaft is fixed by weeks end...still havent wheeled with yall yet!

FJBRADY
03-04-2013, 08:14 AM
Alright I am in.

Uncle Ben
03-04-2013, 08:17 AM
146.460 and/or cb 4. Hopefully the balmy weather this week won't melt all that's up there!

akingf5371
03-04-2013, 11:45 AM
I'm down too! I guess we'll talk about this at the meeting?

Uncle Ben
03-04-2013, 12:24 PM

What do you need to know? It's a "Run what ya brung" run which means what ever you feel like playing with is all good. If you choose to run chains I ask you bring up the rear so you don't trash the drifts for the bare foot rigs. If you bring an ATV or UTC or ????? you're free and we have your back if you need it. My runs are usually focused on the grin factor and we generally will move at a quicker pace when we can and play hard when we find something worthy. Those who bring bigger Toys can take off on their own as long as they let the main group know whats up so we don't go looking for them later! Other than that the only other rules are keep the vehicle behind you in sight, no fermented beverages while driving and stay on the trail. Also, I have no problem relinquishing the lead if someone wants to break trail. I simply ask that you share the same consideration to others who might want to deflower some virgin snow. :D

Fishy
03-04-2013, 12:36 PM

We'll talk about this http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=19232

But I'm sure there will be a quick discussion about upcoming runs too. And, we'll briefly talk about the TLCA. Are you already a TLCA member? http://www.tlca.org/join/membership-benefits.shtml#fees ;)

FJCDan
03-07-2013, 06:16 PM
I'm in for Saturday Kevin, looks like a great snow run with this storm comming in. see ya

Fishy
03-08-2013, 07:47 AM
Winter Storm Warning is in full effect. Storm totals up to 24" are expected. Have fun! :thumb:

Uncle Ben
03-08-2013, 08:56 AM
Winter Storm Warning is in full effect. Storm totals up to 24" are expected. Have fun! :thumb:

Yippy! Should be epic! Folks who come need to be prepared for exposure! It's often windy up there so dress appropriately! Bring shovels and be preparred and hopefully you'll need it! :D

JadeRunner
03-08-2013, 09:50 AM
This is going to be an epic run lead by Kevin. A veteran leader focused on wheeling your rig like you now what your doing and having fun.

I wish I could make it but it's not in the family plans this weekend. And I can't screw with that since I will be out 4 days next weekend. Have fun.

akingf5371
03-08-2013, 12:04 PM
So, is this still a go even with the severe storm warning?

Uncle Ben
03-08-2013, 12:37 PM
So, is this still a go even with the severe storm warning?

ESPECIALLY with the sever storm warning! :D Might not get far but wont know until it's done! Bad weather....:woot::woot: However, I must warn that scratch/tree contact possibilities exist especially on the steep narrow beginning of Yankee Hill. Gravity's Kung Fu very strong! :lmao:

Fishy
03-08-2013, 01:07 PM
However, I must warn that scratch/tree contact possibilities exist especially on the steep narrow beginning of Yankee Hill. Gravity's Kung Fu very strong! :lmao:

Remember the last run when we had the big snow? ....I was trying to catch up to you guys cause I was late. At :14 I missed that tree by an inch! :eek: Probably would have just caught the ARB, but I would have thumped pretty hard.
6dVSXpAn3MI

Looks like this storm will be even bigger than that one!

akingf5371
03-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Okay, I'm still down then. So question, I know Kevin said it didn't really matter, but what should I bring? I have the 40 which is stock but with 4" lift and 33x10.5 BFG MTs, or the '10 4Runner which is a 3" lift with 33 Duratrax, all stock besides that.. I worry about the salt on the roads driving back with the 40, but I'd imagine the 40 would make the narrowness easier. Thoughts?

subzali
03-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Okay, I'm still down then. So question, I know Kevin said it didn't really matter, but what should I bring? I have the 40 which is stock but with 4" lift and 33x10.5 BFG MTs, or the '10 4Runner which is a 3" lift with 33 Duratrax, all stock besides that.. I worry about the salt on the roads driving back with the 40, but I'd imagine the 40 would make the narrowness easier. Thoughts?

Take the 40 - you're considering replacing the body anyway! :lmao: ;)

akingf5371
03-08-2013, 01:28 PM
Take the 40 - you're considering replacing the body anyway! :lmao: ;)

haha, valid point Matt

MDH33
03-08-2013, 01:46 PM

Recovery points front and rear is key.

FJCDan
03-08-2013, 02:04 PM

Adam, If you have rear locker in runner you may want that truck. the trails are not to tight so no major scratches, but allways a possibility. I take my FJCruiser up there and never had any problems. This should turn out to be agret run if we get the snow they are predicting. Dan

FJCDan
03-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Remember the last run when we had the big snow? ....I was trying to catch up to you guys cause I was late. At :14 I missed that tree by an inch! :eek: Probably would have just caught the ARB, but I would have thumped pretty hard.
6dVSXpAn3MI

Looks like this storm will be even bigger than that one!

Bring it on!!!:):thumb:

Fishy
03-08-2013, 02:23 PM
The main trail is wide enough for a 100 with no trouble, so the 40 or the 4R will fit. Some of the side spurs are too tight for me though. Dan has some good GoPro video from our December run that gives you a good idea of trail width.

AxleIke
03-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Adam, If you have rear locker in runner you may want that truck. the trails are not to tight so no major scratches, but allways a possibility. I take my FJCruiser up there and never had any problems. This should turn out to be agret run if we get the snow they are predicting. Dan

The locker will help, but the 40 not having IFS will help more. On my 4runner, the front end "floats" up on the snow like a boat, way worse than the SA guys do, and I lose front end traction, which, even having the rear locked doesn't help. On the other hand, if he has a 2010, it will be a ton heavier than mine, so likely will not float as bad.

I think it'll be a toss up, and in the end, the 40 is a classic ride! I say, go for the 40!

Uncle Ben
03-08-2013, 05:05 PM
80's loaded up and fueled up! Bring it AWN!

FJCDan
03-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Ready to go also.

Uncle Ben
03-22-2013, 03:29 PM
Sooooo....who is leading and where is the destination? :confused:

Fishy
03-22-2013, 04:39 PM
Depending on the destination, I may tag along. If it's too hardcore for my back, I'll have to stay home again. I have been feeling great and I'd love to get out. I don't want to do anything to jeopardize my Kokopelli/Moab trip though.

Uncle Ben
03-23-2013, 11:30 AM
I am desperately trying hard not to enable by leading these runs once a month! However a suggestion for April 6th would be a group showing at Redlines open house in C Springs. I plan on going regardless but .....

Fishy
03-23-2013, 11:49 AM
I am desperately trying hard not to enable by leading these runs once a month! However a suggestion for April 6th would be a group showing at Redlines open house in C Springs. I plan on going regardless but .....

UB,

I will absolutely organize and lead some runs that I am familiar with as soon as I'm able. The trails I choose are usually a little too soft for you, but I'll get there...I'm better built this year than I was last year and Blanca is in my sights this summer. Wheeling, fishing, climbing and camping all in one trip. You leading?

Red Cone, Kingston Peak, The Gulches......more my speed for leading. I hope as a club we have something EVERY weekend (and some midweeks) this year.

MDH33
03-23-2013, 06:54 PM

Good suggestion Sir!

I am planning on making the trip down as well, but won't be able to head down until afternoon. See you all there! :thumb:

TIMZTOY
03-24-2013, 09:22 AM
I'd love to go, but work every Saturday :(

Fishy
03-24-2013, 10:02 AM
I'd love to go, but work every Saturday :(

Same^

Are you off Wednesday, Thursday or Friday? My favorite wheeling days. Thursday after the meeting run? Ooooor, how about a Wednesday BEFORE the meeting run?

We had some good mid-week runs last year.

FJBRADY
03-24-2013, 10:50 AM
Sooooo....who is leading and where is the destination? :confused:

I am heading down to redline on the 6th. I will lead in the Tundra, try and keep up.:)

shellb
03-25-2013, 04:56 PM
Same^

Are you off Wednesday, Thursday or Friday? My favorite wheeling days. Thursday after the meeting run? Ooooor, how about a Wednesday BEFORE the meeting run?

We had some good mid-week runs last year.

I might be in for a mid week run! Heck, I'm unemployed and need to get my fix. Just need to make it easy enough for my skills and rig.

I would also like to make it on Saturday but not sure what my plans are.

cool breeze
03-26-2013, 09:08 PM
I might be in for a mid week run! Heck, I'm unemployed and need to get my fix. Just need to make it easy enough for my skills and rig.

I would also like to make it on Saturday but not sure what my plans are.

I can usually do fridays if you wanna come this way...or its not too far a drive up north. :thumb:

mozes
03-27-2013, 05:57 PM
Im new to the area group and Toyotas but not to wheeling. Im up for just about whatever and whenever.

Fishy
03-27-2013, 10:00 PM
Im new to the area group and Toyotas but not to wheeling. Im up for just about whatever and whenever.

Welcome! Come join us for a meeting. http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=5765 and check out http://www.tlca.org/

The April 3 meeting will be Recovery night. We will have 3 Demonstrations working with Winching, Recovery and Spotting. We will meet at 7:30 at Jefferson County Fairgrounds (This is a different location than our regular meetings)

mozes
04-02-2013, 03:37 PM
I plan on being there! Also thinking about running down Saturday. Are we doing a caravan?

Uncle Ben
04-06-2013, 05:29 PM
I am heading down to redline on the 6th. I will lead in the Tundra, try and keep up.:)

That truck is so fast you must have zipped right through C Springs and didn't realize it! :p::rolleyes::bowdown::bowdown::snail:

MDH33
04-08-2013, 07:58 AM
Hey Kevin did you happen to check out the black 40 with the 3.4 at redline? Belongs to a friend and I was hoping to come down and check out the progress, but had a vehicle issue to deal with Saturday instead.

Uncle Ben
04-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Hey Kevin did you happen to check out the black 40 with the 3.4 at redline? Belongs to a friend and I was hoping to come down and check out the progress, but had a vehicle issue to deal with Saturday instead.

I didn't see a black one. Olegs mess is in the back lot but I missed the one you speak of. :(

MDH33
04-08-2013, 12:00 PM
I didn't see a black one. Olegs mess is in the back lot but I missed the one you speak of. :(
Olegs mess would be it. Justin has had it for a year. Supposed to be making it driveable

Uncle Ben
04-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Olegs mess would be it. Justin has had it for a year. Supposed to be making it driveable

Oh.... didnt look at it much.